1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

troubles when connecting two pololu jrks

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Running_Wild, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Running_Wild

Running_Wild New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i'm having problem in getting my setup to work properly as if i connect two jrks (each controlling a wiper motor) to the same pc one of the two gives 0x1f errors (control transfer failed). If i run each one alone then all works perfect... and even if i control the two jrks with two different pc's they run flawlessly... this thing is driving me crazy, does anyone have a clue about this? thank you so much in advance!
  2. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    Are you connecting them directly to PC box or through a USB hub? Have you tried different USB cables? Tried disconnecting everything else using USB and connecting just JRKs?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Test engineer - automobile industry
    Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, JRK, SimforceGT
    Is this 0x1f a Windows or a pololu error message?

Sometimes several usb ports on a mainboard are connected like a hub... But even this should work. Did you try other usb ports?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Tapatalk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Running_Wild

Running_Wild New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your answers!

i'm not using any other usb devices, and i've tried to connect them in every possible way: directly to pc, using a hub, one direct and one on the hub... at the moment i've got only these two usb-mini usb cables to test the jrks, do you think that changing one or both of them could solve the problem? so why if i plug them one at a time they work perfectly?

is a windows pop-up error saying "There was an error setting the target. Control transfer failed. Error code 0x1f"... and sometimes after this error the jrk becomes a not recognized device until i plug it again... I've got 3 usb ports on this notebook, tried all of them... tried even to connect to the other pc, same result... they seem to work only if i plug them each one on a different pc...
  5. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Mhh strange one... Are the wipers connected as this error happens?
    Reason:
    I had some disconnect problems when my wiper Motors were not ground isolated correct. But on the other hand i never had this error message?.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Running_Wild

Running_Wild New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes wipers are connected, and i've found one of them not being isolated... i'm isolating it now, but what i can't understand is why with two different pc all runs ok? if there's current leakage then shouldn't matter if you connect it to one or two pc... or am i wrong?
  7. Running_Wild

Running_Wild New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i've isolated the motor and now all runs fine!!! the answer to why does it worked with two pc even if there was a leakage on the chassis will remain forever a mistery to me but... who cares! :D thanks to all of you guys!
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  8. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Good to hear its working now!

9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    there more than likely was an earth leak as you isolated the motors and solved the problem. Not sure why its not working on 2 PC, I use 2 pc, one for game, and game manager and a laptop for jrk control and game engine. All successfully networked together.