1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. zryw

zryw New Member

Balance:
    201Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SimforceGT
    Hello,
    I joined just to mention that the board v.1.5 is still being constructed. I am deeply sorry for digging in this old thread, but I have an unfinished business just in a front of me. i have spent A LOT of time on soldering and debugging 1.5 board and this has gone too far to drop it now.
    My only problem left now is the communication between PC and Atmega. I am able to program the chip and I can see initial output on LCD screen, but there is just no chance to get it connected via MAX232 circuit (where MAX232 passes the loopback test so it's fine). The software I use is PWM_AMC15_2DOF_V1_CRYSTAL18.HEX and the crystal is obviously 18'432. The TX/RX cables are on place and two green diodes onboard are on. What were typical connection issues you encountered back year ago?
    Maybe any other thoughts before I throw this board out the window in anger and helplessness?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Use the revolution firmware on the AMC 1.5 ftw!
    yobuddy
  3. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,917Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Don't do that ... I've been there ... pls. give me a full background on what you did till now.

And for typical connection errors on this case :

1- Do you use the 9pin com port on your computer / or a USB-serial converter [what is the cable kind exactly ?] for blue USB converter here .
    Revolution firmware and software for AMC1.5+1.6

2- Do you use SimTools SW or any other program [the error may be in the USO settings ].
    SimTools is way better to use ...
    and for x-sim use exactly this ... AB~255~~a01~~a02~

and it is recommended to continue troubleshooting if you need more in the Revolution firmware and software thread ... Help and support is still open there.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  4. zryw

zryw New Member

Balance:
    201Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SimforceGT
    Umm so yeah, it appeared that for this whole time I was fighting with one cold joint and two overheated transistors. Currently the board is communicating with computer both ways (I was able to set KP through terminal).

Guys, do you have maybe a quickstart guide for Xsim software? There are too many options for starter like me... any educational videos or guides would be appreciated!
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ah use SimTools @zryw you will receive a world of support, the other software you will get bugger all, please use SimTools.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    throw it in the bin and buy JRKS.
  7. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dont stress too much @zryw Im sure with the help of the community we can make this controller perform under SimTools.

Bsft is just saying for about the same investment it takes a lot less time and head scratching to run JRKs than it does to run this outdated controller.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. germano

germano New Member

operaio
    Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    ciao o comprato atmea 8535 per v 1.5 di scorta ma una volta programmato nel riavio per caricare il dof ci mete tanto cisa nel 644 amc 1.6 ft 232 non programma aiuto e grazie
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    toss it out and buy JRKS
  10. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had many requests for the code for the old AMC1.5 board since I don't have time to support it anymore.

Well... here it is:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    First post on our new site , I think, anyway , Welcome back :)
    Cheers for the information.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Thanks for sharing the code @tronicgr Nice to see you here on the "old" site:)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really don't have much time, especially with many side projects right now.

And 6DOF platform projects are priority at the moment. Too bad there is no actual 6DOF math plugin made yet...

Nice to see you guys! :cheers
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well all the game plugins here Have actual 6dof of forces available. Does that help?
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @bsft - yes, it will work fine the way you mentioned.
    And has been done a few times now I believe.
    yobuddy
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've seen that before... looks good for a arcade, but how do you dimension the 6DOF platform on this? You know you need inverse kinematics that depend on the platform dimensions to accurately recreate the desired positions and angles of the parallel actuators model of the platform. Let alone that the above example treats the actuators as in linear mode, not in crank/rod angles positioning mode... Good try though.

My 5c ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    For a 6dof setup, I believe the only instance where a 6dof math plugin isn’t required with SimTools, is if all 6 axis are controlled with individual motors for each axis. Otherwise additional math is necessary for motor coordination so they know how to work together and how to do so without binding on one another. While this could possibly be done at the microcontroller level, it will more than likely require extensive geometry and use of floating point numbers which is more easily handled by a PC in most circumstances. Therefore lies the necessity of a 6dof math plugin.

If it is possible to achieve true 6dof on a Stewart type platform with SimTools and only with 6dof forces output, would those with the know how please make a post for the rest of us on how to do it!
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good try it is yes, someone else has successfully made a 6DOF platform WITHOUT the need for 240v motors, an expensive control card. @Historiker , I believe you are working on a 6DOF as well, with 12v boat winch motors.
    you do tend to think most peoples projects would be good for an arcade. I remember you commented the same about mine.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats wrong with arcade machines? Don't you like them? They used to be my favorite when I was about 15... Then came the computers.... Test Drive III, Jetfighter ... etc...

BTW, there are a lot 6DOF now using DC motors... http://mgeisler.my.primusnetz.de/6DOF/

• Like Like x 1