1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

hi. tks for simtool

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by boons4, Dec 29, 2013.

1. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys I had been using xsim n so afraid to change software since it took me months to learn xsim! I am really thankful for such a great community that invented simtool. I m using 2dof dc worm gear motors seat mover rig.

Many friend say even dbox motion using audio wave file to send motion cue. So is simtool using telemetry? How u all did it I m so surprise! . Thanks
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I can assure you SimTools is a lot easier and more friendlier to setup and use than xsim, well once you have all the games sorted, you just need to make sure simtools in running in background and just play the games like when you didn't have a motion sim, start a game play want to change just exit and change game, simtools does everything in the background and no internet needed too.
    Welcome back.
    SimTools uses purpose built game plugins that feeds SimTools the data needed for it to drive your similar.
    Thanks @value1 and @yobuddy been a pleasure to help along.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dbox setups are designed differently to dc motor setups, stop listening to dbox bloke. If you want fine vibrations like dbox, buy dbox. I suggested bass shakers on your rig to give you that tactile feedback.
    Dbox does NOT give the range of motion as your dc motor setup, your will give more oomph and hard knocks , more throwing around compared to a dbox.
    Look at videos of dc rigs compared to dbox. dbox does NOT have the same range of movement nor the speed compared to your rig.
    dc motor full frame
    dbox full frame
    case closed
  4. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. Finally took the plunge to install and try out simtool. The interface is really good.. However I can't get my motion to work with iracing. Pls pls help me out. I am very thank ful to Dave and eororobbie as well.

Ok mine is jrk and Dc motors. I manage to get the test output to work and meaning my two axis can move when I move the slider bar. But when go into iracing game.. It keeps jitters my motor and seems to have mind on its own.. Not moving according to my racing movement. Xsim no issue though when I switch back.

I use smooth out and set the axis sway and surge force to 20 and 60.. Game engine also try at 30-60.. The jitteriness of the whole rig continues and yet don't seem to response to racing motion... Is there anything I did wrong?

Hope to really use simtool ASAP..I notice for simtool .. It's st hardware, pause and stop setting no. Is 5,10,5 while xsim is 33,5,33. Will such setting cause the jittering? Thanks a lot!
  5. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm not sure why when I post the English auto correct badly....

I did patch game with iracing pluggin successfully I think. As when I launch iracing game the motion rig sprung up in ready mode.

Btw is there a way to make the rig stay in up right position throughout the game?in xsim it can stay there but in simtool when I quite a track the rig slams down.. Kind of worry for my motors.
  6. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Any help for me pls as I hope to get Simtool to use on Iracing. Thanks
  7. RufusDufus

RufusDufus Well-Known Member

Balance:
    15,601Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 8 / -1
    Hi @boons4, Can you give us some more details about your iRacing issue...

Do you have other games working ok? If not it would be great if you could test out with a free game and its plugin - that would help us pinpoint if it is just one game or something that is affecting all your setups.

There have been some issues reported with iRacing and we are working to find out if it is a common issue or not.

I use iRacing also and keen to help the developers so that everyone is happy! You won't be left on your own. :thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1. Hi Rufus thanks so much. This community is really great. You mean ur iracing is working on simtool? Robbie helped me whole night n he pinpoint to maybe pluggin error he uploaded a new one I will go try later...hopefully the rocking front n back by itself will solve.
  9. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi @boons4
    I've updated the iRacing plugin and V3.0.1.1 should work now :)
    Sorry for the all the hassle the previous version created :blush
    • Like Like x 2
  10. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys
    I finally got my simtool to work with Iracing and million thanks to Robbie who spend so many hours guiding me non stop.. it was a pluggin issue so i downloaded the latest plugin and tried again.. finally get it right.. Now enjoying Iracing motion alot. Still find it different from xsim as in xsim i can feel the car jerk during gear change.. in Simtool hard to achieve it despite ajusting min n max force... if i want to feel the jerk... the surge force has to increased by alot and this will caused by car to dipped down a lot when i gentle brake...

Hopefully you guys have some good advice for me... Nonetheless at present stage i am already satisfied...Thanks so much Friends and HAPPY NEW YR!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @neotonight , . No.