1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My motion car simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by CW, Sep 11, 2007.

1. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Evan

http://www.Jaycar.co.nz
    CAT. NO. KC5225

Needs 2nd Mosfet to bring it up to 20 amps
  2. EvanF

EvanF Member

Multimedia Producer
    Balance:
    423Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks CW

I looked up the STP60NE06 N-channel FET spec and power dissipation is rated at 160 W. So according to sirnoname if I shoved 24V into it, it will handle up to around 6.5 amps. Double that for 2 FETs and the board could handle around 13 amps at 24volts.

Now I wonder if it is close to the type of board sirnoname was referencing.
  3. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess!

Just a note that you are right about the 13 amps
    The dse K3072 is actually rated at 15 amps and you need another diode and capacitor on the output to increase it to 20 amps so you could do it to the STP60NE06 N-channel FET to raise it to 20, I know the 3072 mosfets used to get hot until I added the output components, not sure what they are exactly off hand but will get the 3072 instructions out and have a look.
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    That means if CW's simulator would hold its position by itself, he could use the analog outputs?
  5. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can lift my sim to an unusual position and just about jump up and down on it and it holds its position nicely.
    Just some pictures, you can see the pots that run straight of the rams and wiper motor acuators quite clearly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]