1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

Motion Simulation Software SimTools SimTools v2.6.1

SimTools Release Version

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    just to be clear, the k8055 app I posted is an example of extending the NET output of Game Engine to an unintelligent controller. The actual communication to the k8055 still needs to be programed into the app as I don't have one to test with.

If you are comfortable in vb.net and think you can do this, give me a shout for the source files.
    thanks everyone!
    yobuddy
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    So the k8055 app has all of the connectivity completed to connect SimTools and the K8055 app together.
    we just need the code to control the actual k89055 from the app.
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    A complete motor control app is needed to control the K8055, including it needs its own calibration setup, in order to find the max and min setting for the pot, plus it needs Full PID control to be even effective this is one thing the old system didn't allow for users were stuck with motors travelling at one speed. Plus for use with the sabertooth it needs to set pmw signals a little different than std, as in 2.5v is 0 speed 0v is flat out one way and 5v is flat out the other way. And if used with a different H bridge it will require this to be different again.
    I have a K8055 for testing but lack the time to write it in a hurry, better option is to use the simaxe or once the kangaroo is up, change the K8055 out. The end user will have a better sim by far for little costs to revamp.
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hey guys, dont be shy, the reviews and rating function is very easy to use and it does not bite you...hard:D

rateme.PNG

Only 3 votes so far:(
  5. NCMcClure

NCMcClure New Member

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hey, this is an awesome piece of software you've got going and I love the simplicity. But for some odd reason it's only using one of my 2 SCN5 100mm actuators which usually loads up fine in X-Sim and calibrates. When I load up Dirt 3 it doesn't really provide that much force it just kind of jitters except for jumps. I've spent a while trying to figure out the problem from sources here on the forum but I couldn't find anything to fix it. It would be awesome I could get some advice on this as I'm really excited to try my rig out for the first time :grin
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @NCMcClure
    Please post a screen shot of your axis setting for dirt3 and your 2 interface settings for the axes.
    Thanks, then I bet we can help :thumbs
    yobuddy
  7. NCMcClure

NCMcClure New Member

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Nevermind I fixed it! For some odd reason one of my actuator's ID was set to 1 while the other was set to 0. I changed them both to 0 using the SCN5 Setting dialog in X-Sim to fix the problem. Now they're detected in SimTools and Dirt 3 perfectly! Only one more question, what're the best Axis Assignment Settings to provide more of a G-force feeling when turning and braking? I've already set the Min/Max movement in the game but I'm still really only getting forward and rumble motion and no side to side like I've seen in videos.
  8. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I am not sure, but changing both id´s to the same, doesnt that mean they are working in the same direction all the time? I bet @yobuddy will bring some lights to it.
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    René - he is talking about the actual internal ID of the SCN's Actuator.
    I have them setup to run with the factory settings of ID '0'.
    That means people can hook them up the way they come from the factory with out other software.

@NCMcClure - I would have to see your axis assignments.
    but for axis 1 select Roll to 60% and pitch to 60%
    For axsi2 select Roll inversed to 60% and pitch to 60%
    that will give you good output

once you get good motion - add heave at 8% to each too.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ashraf

Ashraf Member

Balance:
    1,034Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Following the instructions in the Quick Start page: http://www.xsimulator.net/simtools-quickstart/
    I connect Arduino MEGA-2560 ( PWM outputs 2-13 Connecting LEDs) ...at the stage of "Moving your Simulator (with mouse controller)" OUTPUT Testing, RX-TX LEDs start blinking it's mean program is connected Arduino & running but the PWM outputs 2-13 LEDs do not light up (!) why ?
    - It means that my 3DOF not run 'cause the PWM outputs 2-7 through mosfet transistors are connected hydraulic valves 24VDC (up-down) by two for each 3DOF channel: left-front-right.

- Where can I find the problem? reinstall the program by "Running as administrator" ?

Thank you :cheers

P.S. my friend is translate.google.com ;)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  11. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi Ashraf!

So, you replaced valves by LEDs to simulate your hardware.
    The problem may have many origins: your LED, your wiring, your Simtools interface setup...

What wiring did you do? (Pull-up Internal resistor or external resistor)
    What code do you use and have you modify it?

Maybe you could start your own thread! and give details and pictures to help you...
    Yours
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  13. Ashraf

Ashraf Member

Balance:
    1,034Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the help
    - In the wiring that does not change, Arduino controls the simulator to fine manual control (analog inputs A0, A1 in X-Y), and responds to all written with sketch
    - But I have noticed that in the "Arduino FirmataVB" http://www.acraigie.com/programming/firmatavb/firmatavb_downloads.html PWM outputs do not work either,
    - and tomorrow I will try to install it on another Computer, the result will share :thumbs

offtopic I want to give you all a bit of good mood :cheers
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As a certain rap group once said "f.... the police"
  15. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Let us know how you go or even contact me, I have been coding Ard Dashboards for 2 years now among a lot of other projects with them, Pwm pins do output fine once set correctly.
    Stop using the Quickstart , its not what your looking for Ard commands there are for his code , that's not actually his. I can write a custom code for you that we can all share.
  16. Ashraf

Ashraf Member

Balance:
    1,034Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think I have a problem with the conflict of installed programs, my computer needs a little clean up;), and tomorrow I will prepare the computer..., it would be good if we met online and using the "TeamViewer" you check where is wrong with my computer or software ?
    Regards, Ashraf.
  17. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Anytime that Im online mate, happy to help.
    If you have Skype , add me via live:netnutters and I could proberly guide you through it on video mate,
    or I do have and use teamviewer too. Either way lets set a time, should not take long, as you said you can drive them through the sketch then we can quickly set SimTools without an issue at all.
    That's what we are here for, To Help.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Niko77

Niko77 Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Hello, now my Kangaroo + Sabertooth seems to be working when i move axis on Output Testing.

I try Simtools with Rfactor2 but nothing is moving. The slider of Virtual Axis don't move too. (or just a little little, approximatively 1% of selected DOF).
  19. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,462Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi Niko
    Can you check, if there's data in Tuning Centre, please?
    You might need to adjust the Max/Min values in the Tuning Centre for your individual sim.
    The lower the values the more movement you will see.
  20. Niko77

Niko77 Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Ok, i forgot this important step. Thank. Now my Virtual Axis moves well!

My rig don't move for the moment but i think there is a problem maybe in the "Interface Setting".
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013