1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2Dof arduino simulator 1st attempt

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Luimp, Oct 24, 2013.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    whos sim? Mine? here ya go
    If you cannot play your sim at full speed, do you mean full motion? Of course rally is harsh, try Dirt2 China trailbalzer. Teeth rattler. I can run my motors flat out, but F.... me the motion is nasty, hence I adjust profile to suit.
    Lucky you that there us a range on sims available. I only had mine till a sim shop opened in the city last year , waste of $80 for an hour on a dbox.
    And please note, this is the place we get our motors from http://www.motiondynamics.com.au/ they dont do the same stuff as UK guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What?!?!?! Sorry Cannot HEAR YOU
  3. Thirsty

Thirsty Member

Balance:
    593Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Awesome -I really admire guys who are able to built a real diy motion rig.
    You probably know it anyway, but I don't think I've actually said that before:thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ah now where near the same mate, His as started are truck wipers, mine are specially designed to suit a totally different purpose. IE heavy bearings and all shafts are double bearing supported and the whole unit is servicable as in all parts can be change, and greased with ease. MC4 can not do this plus they come already electrically isolated so alot more newbie friendly and way more Nm force in the torque available than a wiper can produce. They are industrial quality not automotive at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Luimp

Luimp New Member

Balance:
    319Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Well I think I'm just going to buy those ZYT80-147 motors and see how it goes I'm not heavy neither is the csl so with good balance should work okish
  6. frenchfly

frenchfly Member Gold Contributor

Mold Maker
    Balance:
    - 296Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hi guys I'm new to this forum and in the process of gathering parts to build my 2 dof sim with the arduino/monster moto boards. My question is if I decide to upgrade from wiper motors to the motion dynamic ones you guys use can those boards handle the load or will I need to get some JRK's?

Thanks in advance
  7. danalog

danalog Motion Sim Wannabee

WordPress Geek, Virtual Reality Nut
    Balance:
    468Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi frenchfly, from what I've read adding cooling elements to the Monster Moto will give you more amps before it burns out. How much, I don't know (yet). I'm building a sim with Arduino and Monster Moto too by the way.
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not sure, I know JRKS will handle 14v at 30 amps continuous with heatsink cooling and peaks of 40 amps.
  9. frenchfly

Mold Maker
    Balance:
    - 296Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Well according to the monster moto specs it should handle 14v at 30a. Wether it handles this continuously remains to be seen.
  10. frenchfly

Mold Maker
    Balance:
    - 296Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Thanks for the info danalog, I'll be following your project as you go it looks very interesting. I'll present my project once I have some parts and pictures I go.
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    true, I am not familiar with those so I cannot answer
    http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1393/specs for reference, you can read the specs of whats recommended. I can tell you that heaps of people drive them harder than suggested, and they have never failed.
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    purely for reference, a properly balanced frame will move quite a bit of weight. The definition of "heavy" is a broad one, so you need to consider what the largest size driver may be.
  13. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hey guys, Guess what the Monster Motor has the same H Bridge driver on it as the Jrk12V12 has except there is two of them - VNH2SP30, without heatsink and fan the monster can handle 12amps continuously and peak at 30amp for very short periods, so the trick is to make sure you heatsink both units well and recommend a 120mm fan over the top of them as well place the board on stilts to allow airflow all around them. After this the peak can be maintained a lot longer.
    This goes the same for the Jrk, the only benefit for the Jrk is it contains its own micro controller within its self no code to worry about.
    So just heatsink the H Bridge chips and it should be fine for 12v 200w motors. 16-18 amps.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. hlidio

hlidio New Member

Balance:
    - 18Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    great job!!
  15. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  16. danalog

danalog Motion Sim Wannabee

WordPress Geek, Virtual Reality Nut
    Balance:
    468Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I ordered two of those from DX a few days ago. They're in "shipping status" now, which can take up to three (!!!) weeks. If patience is an issue, you better order somewhere else. I'll report back on how long it actually took them from order to delivery.
  17. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I also ordered one today, shipping is a bit faster to the US but not by much. I have ordered from them and received the package in a week and another time it took five weeks! ;)
  18. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    I ordered a TM1638 from them, 6 weeks to Australia, but did come nicely packed for transport and free delivery on a $7 lcd , I was happy to wait the time, will order again from them without an issue.
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    got a link?
  20. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins