1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motor Controll - arduino

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by shannonb1, Sep 26, 2012.

1. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    has anyone taken a look at theses?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-bridge-Robot- ... 27c572297b
  2. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Im thinkinng yes, - 30a and up to 28v!?

The Robot Power MegaMotoTM is a low-cost robust H-bridge shield for the ArduinoTM and hardware compatible base units. The standardized shield format stacking headers allow multiple MegaMoto units to be controlled by a single Arduino Uno, Mega or Duemilanove using pass-through stacking headers.

The MegaMoto is the first and only motor control for Arduino that gives users the ability to control up to 30A of current at up to 28V. That's over 800W of power! At last Arduino users can easily control high-current, high-power motors for robotics, scooters & Segways, industrial controls and many other applications by using their familiar development environment and without messy, unreliable lash up type connections to discrete motor controls.

Since the Uno and Duemilanove have six hardware PWM outputs, up to three MegaMoto units may be stacked on a single Arduino base unit. This allows forward and reverse control of up to three motors or up to six motors in half-bridge mode. Arduino Mega and some units based on other CPU chips have more PWM outputs available and thus may be able to control even more MegaMotos.
  3. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    28v, 30a, and you can stack 6 of them!?

The Robot Power MegaMotoTM is a low-cost robust H-bridge shield for the ArduinoTM and hardware compatible base units. The standardized shield format stacking headers allow multiple MegaMoto units to be controlled by a single Arduino Uno, Mega or Duemilanove using pass-through stacking headers.

The MegaMoto is the first and only motor control for Arduino that gives users the ability to control up to 30A of current at up to 28V. That's over 800W of power! At last Arduino users can easily control high-current, high-power motors for robotics, scooters & Segways, industrial controls and many other applications by using their familiar development environment and without messy, unreliable lash up type connections to discrete motor controls.

Since the Uno and Duemilanove have six hardware PWM outputs, up to three MegaMoto units may be stacked on a single Arduino base unit. This allows forward and reverse control of up to three motors or up to six motors in half-bridge mode. Arduino Mega and some units based on other CPU chips have more PWM outputs available and thus may be able to control even more MegaMotos.
  4. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    H-Bridge mode is the most common configuration for driving DC motors. It allows each
    MegaMoto to drive one DC motor in forward and reverse with variable speed. Each Arduino
    base unit can support up to three stacked MegaMotos and hence three independently
    controlled motors.
    Dual Half-bridge Mode Example

http://www.robotpower.com/downloads/Meg ... manual.pdf

page 6
  5. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    My only question, doesnt look like this thing has POT hook up, Im guessing I would wire something straight into the arduino, like the uno.??
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You still need a control board like the arduino to connect to it, and there are still underlying code issues with that.
    There are plenty of control board options, its just what will work with x-sim.
  7. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    almost same price with pololu motor driver. if i were you, better get what our community familiar with. once you face a problem then most of us can help you. :sos:
  8. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I already have a jrk12v12 setup, past that. Now im looking to add traction loss. This looked like it would pair well with a arduino, which you can get a knock off for 15$, you add this for 50$ and with the arduino you can also drive a tm1698 and a wind simulator. Im trying to build on options, always looking for the best price option. I think I will look to purchase and program. I think this has potential. If it doesnt I can always use the driver for a upgraded power wheel i want to build for my son so its not to waste.
  9. denizelmas

denizelmas New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    seems the right place and time to ask, I am digging and digging but got when electronics comes to me the wall. I have searched our country for velleman K8055 and pololu jrk 12v12 but could not find one, all I have found is that notfy me when in stock(for jrk), for sabertooth not to mention, I may probably find pololu 18v25 and arduinomega R3 (there is an Offical site for Arduino in Turkey) so I am left with my project of 3DOF spring! loaded sarrus base or 2 Dof joyrider with manual weight levelling idea. I am left with Thanos AMC 1.6 to do my selves with no knowledge of electronics,PID?,programing etc even board making or with Arduino seems at least easier for the part of not to do board staff.

So I know it sounds desperate but I have to find an easy way for me to do it first then jump to the project like AMC 1.6;

For me ordering ebay like ways are closed since I had bad reputation for 2 years with custom for an old type floppy controller card for my CNC wire cut Mitsubishi, to explain them that is not a missile card for 10000 dolar worth and just 100 €, took me 2 mounth to get and two days of follow up with the legal regulations.

I obviously will be more compfortable with arduino staff and concentrate to the mechanic where I feel confident.

So any help is highly appreciated.
    Ps: was that to loud! Then sorry :blush: