1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to all new members! Hope you will have just as much fun building, developing or reading about sims as I do.

p.s. Don't forget to register at the new site http://www.x-sim.de as well.
  2. driftmaster

driftmaster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi im Esteban from Colombia im 25 and im studing medicine im addicted to simracing and im very interested to build a motion sim, i hope to learn all the neccesary things here in this amazing forum.

thanks in advance
  3. Zyadox

Zyadox New Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Greetings from the United States! It's a pleasure to be amidst such daring individuals such as you all. DIY construction is tough work and requires much effort; your collective knowledge and dedication inspires me. I've taken up an interest in DIY motion simulation once I saw Thanos' 2DOF construction with wiper motors. My end goal is to create a simulation kit and custom profile for a game that which places you in the cockpit of a giant Mecha (Robot). It will require a lot of patience and time though, as I am currently studying Studio Art at my University. Money is tight, so I feel like this may be a very gradual process.

Sadly, I have next to no knowledge of electronic or mechanical engineering. I've been looking through some of the threads that offer advice on how to configure certain builds, but most of it is way over my head. The JoyRider ---> Thanos build seems simple enough, but I haven't bought the .pdf manual yet for fear that I won't understand its contents. Have any of you started out in my position but still succeeded in creating what you started out aiming for? I would appreciate any guidance and suggestions.

Ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch, aber mein Grammatik ist echt schrecklich. Hoffentlich werde es hilfrich sein.
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Welcome to all the new guys :)
  5. Irvin

Irvin New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys!
    I am 32 years old, I am Brazilian and I am intending to set up a simple project but I'm totally lost, where to start?
    Would you like to do a project like this:
    http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Racing_S ... y_Mr.Burns
    Is there a tutorial for beginners like me lost here?
    Thanks.
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Irvin,

at first have a look at another user projects and than make your choice depending on your budget and the time consumption you are able to invest. Than you will able to ask more specific questions and you will get more specific answers ;)
    diy-motion-simulator-projects-f22.html

regards, René
  7. dualin

dualin Member

Balance:
    - 41Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi,I'm a new member of this community. I'm from Spain and I want to convert my actual cockpit in one motion cockpit using x-sim software. Now I've read a lot of post in the new and the old forum, and soon I'll start with my project.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks in advance
    Dualin
  8. Irvin

Irvin New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Rene, thanks for the tip, I'll read calmly and post here my questions more clearly.
    :)
  9. agil24

agil24 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello...

I think that is fair enough what Igor is saying, so i will introduce myself.

My name is Julio, I am from Venezuela, I am Mechanical Engineer and I am very inspired by all of you and this site. I was visiting this site for about a year intermittently, and every time I see amazing things here, I think that I do not have enough electronic skills to do my own 3 DOF simulator, but now I am very sure that I can do it with your help, and I hope to be useful for others to.

The thing is, I want to build one 2 or 3 DOF platform to be used by the kids on the neighborhood, I have a very clear idea of the mechanical design, the electronic design, the all parts and components involved, but I do not very clear about how to program the motor controllers like VM110N. I was thinking in start with a model and then build it in a real scale (save money), so I will start soon.

thank you in advance for the inspiration, the information, the good ideas and the very nice treatment.

Agil24
  10. emagrip

emagrip New Member

Balance:
    318Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello everybody I´m a member for a while but I ´ve never sent any message, I´m from Argentina, and my english is very poor so please forgive me. I want to build my own simulator but I´m not an engineer neither a pc programmer and I am feeling really frustrated for that. I have downloaded some programs like force sender; force profiler; X sim extractor; X sim converter; yoda 2 and video pluggin but I don´t know how to use them, actually the x sim extractor doesn´t run because it asks me the nick name and I put the same nickname from my X-sim but nothing happen, so... I´m stuck.
    Thanks for read and if you want to help me in any form I would appreciate a lot.
    Regards.
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Please ask the question here www.x-sim.de
  12. ginogino

ginogino New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I am new here from Stoney Creek in Ontario Canada and found the site at around 8 this morning and have not been able to pull myself off and its around 4pm here. The wealth of knowledge is incredible and I hope I can contribute in some way as I would like to build motion sim in the coming months.

Thanks Gino
  13. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Gino,

That´s what every guy say after visiting the site :) I am curious about your project.

Regards, René
  14. Kangapawns

Kangapawns New Member

CEO
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to all,

I am a new member from Australia, but have been reading the forums for along time trying to build my own sim. I have spent many hours untill 2am most mornings reading the wealth of knowledge.I have almost completed it but still have a few things to sort out before starting it :D

So many great sims been made and its hard to decide which way to go. So far I have chosen to make a 2dof complete moving frame cockpit. The hardest thing so far has been to sew up the upholstery for my custom seat, but now having a few issues with connecting all my electrics together.

Is it better to post my questions here or on the new forums also? I am a bit confused on this but happy to post where appropriate.

I look forward to posting up a complete design and information sheets on my sim once complete and working ><

Thanks in advance to all,
  15. hullcityafc

hullcityafc New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everybody im im fro hull uk and new to the site but have read quite a few posts in the last year and keep coming back , decided to join as the knowledge here seems like it will be the best place for me to learn how to build a 3 dof platform
  16. funisfun8

funisfun8 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I'm funisfun8! I am new here, and I would like to build a rollercoaster simulator.
    Not sure if this is the place to post but I need A LOT of help. :sos: I know pretty much nothing about mechanics. Basically I want a simulator that I can take a video file (I know there are other ways to do this. But please I really want video!) and use a joystick to program the movement. I have figured out I need a 2 DOF. Just forward-backward and the left-right tilt. I need it to move at a decent speed. I want to save my joystick movements to a file I can pair with a video and play later. Is this possible? Also I need it to run from basic power outlets. I am very confused. :?
  17. My.stAr

My.stAr Active Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1,064Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hi :hi:
    As you can imagine I'm new here :yes: I'm from Germany and about to finish my engineer studies. I'm thinking about building my own dream-simulator. ATM I don't have a clue how it all will end. But my aim is to make something like the 401cr from Force Dynamics :lol: :lol: :lol:
    What I know so far is that it should become a 3DOF or better a 4DOF simulator. It will take a long time to finish my, not yet started, project in which I hopefully will learn a lot from you all :thbup:

My.stAr
  18. alpefe

alpefe Member

Balance:
    - 17Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hi all, greetings from Spain.
  19. wedgeantilles

wedgeantilles New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I am from Spain, trying to connect an arduino board to break pedals, accelerator pedals, etc... and then send the information to a PC game like for example iRacing.

I have found X-Simulator Motion Simulator Comminity, and decided to look around.

Thera are tons of information, and it is really interesting. :clap:

For sure will learn a lot.

Best regards,
    wedge
  20. yaksnip

yaksnip New Member

Balance:
    - 47Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino