1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Can't get my rig to move with gtr2. Pls help

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by boons4, Jul 27, 2012.

1. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi bsft and experts,
    Hope u all can help me out.

Pal I tried to use my DIY 2 dof rig for gtr2 which I used to play before I got hook on iraicng. So I use the same rfactor maths setting u gave me to start things off and follow same step as iracing to wake the rig up. But some how there is no movement when I starts driving. I choose the gtr2 plugin at force sender program and click send data. Follow by clicking start on force profiler. Immediately my seat will swing to upright position to get ready same as I experience for iracing. Now I launch gtr2.exe file and start to drive the car. No movement. Then I delete all the force to start fresh again with just longitudinal force. Same outcome. No movement.

I toggle out of game using control alt delete, and attempt to click stop sending data. Weirdly, xsim voice come out to say that the gtr2 game is detected. Then there is a dialogue box that say missing gtr2 .fsd file and suggest I save one. So I save one. I restart the sender, profiler and game. Still no movement.

Hope u can help me out pal. Thanks.
  2. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    you have to make a change in the PLR file.
    Look in the C:\GTR2\UserData folder you will find a <username>.PLR file. In the PLR file there is a line that says something like WriteSharedMem . Change that line from a value of 0 to a value of 1 and that should be it.
  3. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael,
    Thanks so much for your tips. You really nail it. Once i change it I get motion right away. I had been playing GTR2 for 2 yrs and now finally have motion! What a big big difference and the game is so so fun with motion. I never expect the motion works so well... Thanks again buddy.