1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Project X-Sim will be stopped

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by value1, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimSim

JimSim New Member

Data Warehouse ETL Solutions Architect
    Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Removed the offensive picture, but still find the decision to disable the software childish and funny.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Well, thats a little over the top and probably politicaly incorrect, but I can see the analogy. We are definitely observing the behavior of an infant and dictator.
  3. racerg

racerg Going too fast... SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Sound designer for Olympics. Electronic engineer,
    Balance:
    - 34Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Motion platform
    Hi everyone:

I have been a member for a while but have not had too much time to contribute here.

I am sorry to read about the fighting and I don't understand clearly what the issues are.

I hope SirNoname reconsiders and am also pleased to see others are offering a software solution.

I am an electronics engineer and myself and my software partner have been looking at X-Sim and doing a lot of reading and testing for some time now.

We want to offer our expertise to further our sim hobbies and make it easier for all of us to have fun with this...

We will soon offer a full hardware platform, which you can program based on the Arduino system.

It will be a single board that contains:

1) An arduino compatible microprocessor section.
    2) 3 high power DC motor controllers.
    3) LCD display
    4) Encoder inputs, etc.
    5) As well as other hardware... :)

We will sell the complete hardware platform, fully assembled and tested at a low cost (it is all surface mount technology).

Our new company website is not complete, but you can see the start: http://www.elec-fun.com.

Development of this hardware has not been cheap, and we will soon take orders (and have a full description with pictures) on the http://www.kickstarter.com/ page. Note, not there yet...soon!

The Kickstarter system allows you to order safely and assures us that we can recover our modest investment for hardware development, software development and prototypes.

We will also provide, at no cost, the software drivers for it to work with X-Sim, or another software platform if someone designs it...

So, what I am saying is...we will be your COMPLETE hardware solution to easily drive up to 3 large DC motors, as well as provide the software drivers for it...

Our new system, takes the best ideas we have seen here and, hopefully, integrates all of them into a really great hardware platform that should make talking to motors very fast and easy!!!

Now, someone needs to tell us WHICH software to make it work with...X-Sim, or??

I hope all the fighting can stop and all of us can get back to our hobby!!

-Gary
  4. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    To some members:SHOW SOME RESPECT PLEASE
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I attempted to have a business based around X-Sim and provide DIY parts to the community. I invested alot of time and effort in the products and this community over the years.

The future of X-Sim was always in question and to be brutally honest I felt like the developer may be a bit unstable, as the project was always in the process of being cancelled, then revived, as you can see. It nearly gave me ulcers because at that time, my business relied on X-Sim existing.

I finally had to divorce myself from the insanity and make my own software. My suggestion to you is to do the same....control your own destiny, do not leave the future of your investment in unstable hands.
  6. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree :thbup:
  7. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I agree with Bernard .i was go with Berney to help on his New Software is it a very nice
    work with Berney and the Result ist Perfect.i Never wont missing the New Commander .
    Regards
    Niels
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Yes, I assume you mean the politicaly incorrect picture. I reported this post. I think it will be deleted. I do not have moderator rights here.
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I will wait to see if this really happens. I've heard it too many times before.

If it does I think I can put something together for the Pololu users in short time.
  10. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    @JimSim:Great work for someone with 11 posts!
  11. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    That´s for me the point i must decide to close that forum here completely for any new posts. Soory guys, but i am the responsible and administrative site owner here. I dont want to be called for account for any statements that are made.

When someone wants to delete a specific post write at admin@x-simulator.de.

RaceRay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.