1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This reminds me of comical French movies where two opponents slap each other back-and-forth with their gloves, never knowing when to stop, or why it started.

I suggest watching this video especially at the 0:58-1:10 mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NWJ3Pqt-wE

If professional clients, ie. racing teams are happy with 20-40Hz, then the issue is settled. That said, there is every reason to celebrate pushing the envelope to 1000Hz...that is called innovation.

Whether we can actually feel all of this is another point. From my experiences, it depends upon the motion. Feedback through the steering wheel? I consider 100Hz a necessity. Moving laterally or longitudinally? 20Hz is very good but, I dare anyone to feel the differece between 20 and 21Hz resolution. You will not! Very short and sharp motions such as bumps in heave, you will find perhaps a minute benefit at best, mainly with latency in reaction to what you see. But remember, the video production and monitor refresh rates itself will determine the speed needed. 24Hz, 30, 60, 120?

It is all about correlating what you see to what you feel to give realism and unity.

The far greater problem is the latency issue. I see in this forum many slow reacting sims which have no merit being presented as simulators, other than to show what not to do. If your motion is going opposite to or lagging what you are doing at the controls, then you have a real issue.

A suggestion to bsft in particular. Just because someone places a humorous emoticon, it is not about kicking you in the teeth. Why must you take it so personally. And this is not the first time I have read you reacting in this manor. Chill. It is NOT about YOU. Pololu is the party being assessed, in an attempt to push the envelope.

Let's drop the personal attacks and sarcasm, better to applaud the massive contributions of Thanos' free and innovative work, of which we are the beneficiaries.

R-eng
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there R-eng and thanks for the comments. Please let me make something clear
    Please note, I am not taking this personally and never have, even though it seems like it. If was to take it personally, you would know about it.
    I have been complimenting Thanos on his innovation and work.
    I am in NO way linked to Pololu and never plan to be.
    Its when people whom have NOT built a simulator or even so much have supplied a design like to make comments regarding people whom have and advise them how to build and advise on any control board that I suspect they have not used, that concerns me.

Its when people have designed a successful control board and have proven it works well, but still like to pick at a product, that as far as I know , they have not used. Yet they keep bringing up the point against a competitors product, hey , prove me wrong. Its like they are asking for a fight .

And no I am not taking it personally, just voicing an honest opinion.

PLEASE, lets get on with sim building, be it slow moving or fast moving. Its what we like.
    Stop trying to benchmark products and try to prove a point.
    Actually Build a motion simulator, then advise on correct PID, materials, balance points and such.
    Show us actual experience, not just info.
  3. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont think we are here to hate POLOLU. I personally use pololu motor driver to drive my DIY controller. Pololu have a ton good product but nothing are design specifically to be use with X-Sim. But some people are creative enough to make use of it for nothing but convenience and no hassle solution. Never ever compare JRK to custom built controller like AMC. because they are built with X-sim Ready in mind. In my case for example. I analyses every single bit of hex and binary code from PC to USB to RS232 protocol to make the controller understand what X-sim really need the actuator/motor to be. I understand how hard and pain in hundred of man hour working to built one working controller. :cheers:
  4. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys, Back to AMC 1.5, some questions before i continue.

I build the LCD board and steel some questions.

is this the right form to conect the lcd to the board?
    (you can open in a new windows with full size)
    [​IMG]
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Connect it the opposite way from your diagram. Try following the GND connection if you are not sure.
  6. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @thanos

Oposit way on the AMC board? or oposit way in the LCD! And where is the GND?

------------------

anyone have a photo of the connection LCD to AMC?
  7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Z*****

Thanks for that, commercial companies in simulation rarely disclosure information like that!

Thanos
  9. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to start all aver again, but whom you are referring to? I used pololu products before, I know their capabilities, in matter of fact I'm currently using a Pololu motor driver with my AMC board for tests with DC motors. But I also can read datasheets very well to see what staff are made off and for.

When I was making simulator with DC motors back in 2007, this forum here was just support for users with pneumatic interface.
    tronic-s-full-motion-car-racing-simulator-using-x-sim-t471.html
  10. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My feelings exactly!!
  11. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,916Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
  12. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings,
    ROGER THAT!... AWESOME! :cheers:
    jsmith2307
  13. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,916Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Good day every one ...

Sharing resources ... and talking about simulators ...
    to help visualize all kind of electronics digital and analog circuits ...
    the magic side of the world is free to test and discover by yourself .
    to learn ,imagine , and build a circuit and test it there ... to free you mind for more thoughts .

http://www.falstad.com/index.html

I'm testing and modifying Thanos H-bridge online and :thbup: :thbup: the coupled version . :highfive:
    >>mathphysics>>Electrodynamics>>analog circuit simulator applet
    have a nice weekend ... :gl:
    best regards
    abdo_tahan
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  15. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Basically I think this video says everything about BSFT's attitude towards anything thats better than his beloved Pololu 12v12 is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0.
    Sorry BSFT but when I saw this video first person I thought of was you!
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Barts, good video link. Its a waste of time commenting further relating to tronic cards, ards or the pololu. So I admit defeat.
    [​IMG]
  17. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyway.... :?

I updated the AMC1.6 project with photos of an actual PCB, that was donated to me. Check it out...
  18. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,916Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Greetings all ...
    Hi Psft ... that's really a cool response ... really wise from you :pleasantry: ... thank you ,thank you :clap: :clap:
    I'm really sorry if you have any thing still in mind ... and I'm going to delete or edit my previous post :banned: ... to keep the thread clean as if there is nothing happened , it's a bad page 139 and get's me out of the mode ... Pls. do the same to all involved guys .
    back to business ...
    100_Schilder__welcome
    abdo_tahan
  19. dutch_anykey

dutch_anykey New Member

Intelligent networks gsm prepaid services and such
    Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

It's been a while since I was here. So there is lots of progress booked I see. I have to catch up on my reading ;-)

I tried to open this link: http://www.x-sim.de/forum/blog.php?u=101&b=21
    But it doesnt bring me to the project place. Something wrong with this link?

kind regards,
    Maurice
  20. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Thanos,

everything fine? :)
    i noticed the same thing about, the project link at x-sim is broken. Did you delete your project or is it a fault with the forum software?

Best regards
    René