1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Eagle Sim 2DOF DIY AMC Tronics (Thanos) Project

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by faelvasco, May 15, 2012.

1. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello World!

So I decided to open a topic here on the hardware, because I'm building my AMC 1.5 based on Thanos Tronic. I made a topic talking about my project here eagle-sim-2dof-diy-project-t3758.html.

I made the board with phenolite using transparency, some errors at the time of silk on board, but later repaired with a pen. I Made holes in the plate, but not yet soldered components. Here are some pictures of the board.

[img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=127&image_id=451[/img600px]

[img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=127&image_id=452[/img600px]

[img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=127&image_id=453[/img600px]

as said in the main topic of the AMC 1.5 have a doubt!
    What is the capacitor should I buy, where on the list is 2 - Capacitor 1.2nF (they write on them 1N2) ... I looked in stores, but as ceramic capacitor have not found. What type of capacitor goes there? 1.2nf = 1200pf and can not find anywhere. actually only with 500v, here the link

http://loja.multcomercial.com.br/ecomme ... 1337084077

Thanks to All of your help

and will posting more!!
  2. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings, :hi:
    Looking good! Mouser Electronics @ http://www.mouser.com. Place 1n2 in the search box, and there you go!
    1N2 = MFG PN: MMK5122M63J01L16.STR18
    63 volts 0.0012uF 5%
    Kemet Polyester Film Capacitors

I had the same situation!

Good Luck!!!
    jsmith2307
  3. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Greetings,
    I think it has to be has to be a Polyester Film Capacitor, not the Ceramic -Disc Capacitor, dipicted. ( I don't speak Portugese). :yes:
  5. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehehe thats the question!! I saw in some AMC that was made here, and look like a ceramic capacitor... you put an Polyester Film Capacitor on your AMC? and works fine?
  6. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Greetings,
    Affirmative! :yes:
    jsmith2307
  7. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

That link you gave, capasitor is ok. 1.2nF, might be little big, but works. If you take this:

http://loja.multcomercial.com.br/ecomme ... -Loja-1317

Its smaller and perfect for it. Either one will work anyhow.

Only difference is the voltage it can take, the function is the same in both.

Good luck with the build! :cheers:
  8. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started to soldering my board AMC 1.5 and had a little problem in soldering actually were 2.

One. when i soldering the point i did a little error. I remove the tin with the sucker and I took the trail. Than i canot make any soldering more.
    2nd. after welding energy input it got a little upwards and taken off the trail a bit welded in the board, redid the solder to track still on the board.

but I think everything is routed .. I do not know if it will make much difference without leaving the component soldering since the track was not going anywhere.

following images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PT/BR

comecei a soldar minha placa AMC 1.5 tive um pequeno problema na soldagem, na verdade foram 2.

1. ao errar a soldagem de um ponto fui retirar o estanho com o sugador e retirei a trilha.
    2. depois de soldar a entrada de energia ela ficou um pouco pra cima e descolou um pouco a trilha soldada da placa, refiz a solda para trilha ainda na placa.

mas acho que está tudo encaminhado.. não sei se vai fazer muita diferença deixar o componente sem solda já que a trilha não ia para lugar algum.

segue imagens