1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2dof-wiper-motor-car-simulator-by-DERIY-(SATO)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by DERIY, Apr 26, 2010.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well done! Thats great to see the rig on a show like that! Congratulations! :clap:
  2. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I recently ordered a new steering wheel CSR-Elite, and pedals Fanatec Clubsport, and installed on my simulator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    That's a nice setup! Wish I had the funds for that ;)

First off: compliments on your build! Looking very solid and compact and is definitely an inspiration for a lot of us I think!

Hopefully you won't mind me asking a few questions:

• Can you tell me how much clearance you have between the 2 platforms? (base and moving platform)
    • Do you have any pictures of the attachment of the chair base to the platform? Did you use some sort of ball joint for this?

Thx in advance! And once again compliments on the build!
  4. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    20cm distance from the base to the moving platform.

[​IMG]
    This is a ball bearing from the vehicle.
  5. av8tr

av8tr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow,

Awesome build. She's definitely a beauty. I started building a unit using Skyrider chassis design, however although
    I understand the electronics I have no experience with the motor controllers. I'd love to use wiper motors instead
    of actuators because there so much cheaper, but I'm sure how to control the motors. I just bought a K8055 controller and the small relays to control the motors, but not sure about the positional feedback etc.
    Would you share the info on the electronics for the motors ??

Thanx and nice job, Jurgen av8tr@sympatico.ca yup I fly for real as well..
  6. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Deriy!

Nice, very nice platform. You have a lever on the right side? Handbrake for ease drifting?

Very cool packet. I think I will go for something similar.
  7. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yes, this is the hand brake.
    Made from 15mm plywood.
    Instead of springs, i used a piece of rubber.
    Another used reed switch and magnet.

After replacing the steering wheel and gear, had to redo the parking brake.
    I used the PS3 controller. The right analog stick now performs certain functions handbrake.

I also set the vibrating motor in the handle of the hand brake.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey thats great work! Love the handbrake.
  9. Claudemir

Claudemir Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    49Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    hello to all the forum, hello Deriy sorry for the typos I'm using google translator. the good times I'm trying to do this one you already have made ​​the cockpit engines cleaner to breeze almost done this more the question is, who do not know whit of electronics, mechanics know much more. then I would like some tips on how to make the connections with the motor plate, and By the way as I said I know nothing about electronics more I learn fast, as here has these components to make the card I found this board ready to sell on the Internet and would you descend a look, and tell me if this board will serve to make this automation is plaque (http://www.botnroll.com/product.php?id_product=268) is the name of this board (Wild Thumper Controller Board - ROB-11057) please help us! here in Brazil does not have that can help me I'm looking at a year, the DES already very sheltered.
  10. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Project CARS gameplay.

As a plugin for this game has not been written, had to compromise.
    In this case, to control the chair used by the team coming from the steering wheel and pedals.
    Profile in XSim3 is configured so that when you turn to the right, the chair tilts to the left, and vice versa.
    When you press the gas pedal, the seat tilts back.
    When you press the brake, the seat tilts forvard.
    Also the profile configuration option is used sine washout, which gradually returns seat in the neutral position, even if the steering wheel or the pedal is in the end position.
    Of course, this way of implementing congestion effects can not be called perfect, but even with this approach, the effect of immersion in game play, increases many times.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    bsft, Thank you very much for the information!
    Indeed, the plugin works fine.