1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Eletronics - How to ground my simulator?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by rafael_design, May 12, 2012.

1. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi, I am since a year ago taking shock in my simulator.
    no ground.jpg
    This is how I have it now. It would help if I ground the PC so the simulator is grounded via the serial cable? :?
    If not, is there any other way as just ground the Simulator Frame?

regards!
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like a bad idea....grounding cable to the PC. I can see a nuked pc there.
  3. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rafael_design,

I posted you on the x-sim.de side about this. But as bsft stated, do not ground anything except the frame, no pc, motors,amc or the bridge.

Here is the info:

Hi RafBR.

It would help to know what different ways you could do it, meaning do you have ground in your house/flat (the green/yellow cable inside the powersockets), watercirculated heating system is always grounded to earth. If you have any of those, you can ground the frame there, but do not ground the motors or the AMC directly to yellow/green or the battery, can´t say if its very good idea..
    If you get pikes from the frame when you sit there, one way to ground the frame is to stick a copper pipe/bar in to ground in your backyard and run a cable directly to your frame.
    Do not leave the copper/wire in open air, otherwise you might get a problem when there is a lightning and a storm. ;)

Oh, and before doing this, make sure your motors are insulated from the frame!

And if you don´t have experience with high voltages, and its illegal to mess with power sockets in your country, let someone with experience do it. I will take no responsibility if you burn your house, kill yourself, or break the electronics of your sim.