1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

strange issue w/ iracing...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Just_Wanna_Drive, May 9, 2012.

1. Just_Wanna_Drive

Just_Wanna_Drive New Member

Balance:
    275Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got my simxperience stage 1 (diy kit) setup and when it works, its awesome! But we can't seem to figure out why I have such reliability problems with my motion while running iracing.

Unless I have a 'access to port 3, 4, &5 denied' error, I can get on LFS every time, no problem. Iracing on the other hand is realistically about one time out of twenty, and if I do have motion, then I change from say a practice session to a qualifying, or race session, no motion. I have yet to get motion two sessions in a row.

Fresh (legit) windows 7pro install and everything, still the same results... If I do get motion, then its constant until I quit that session.

Pc specs:
    Amd phenom 2 dual core 555 (3.2g)
    4 gig ddr3 ram
    Gigibit motherboard designed for this cpu (can't remember the p/n)
    Msi 6950 2gb twin frozer video card
    Logitec wireless keyboard & mouse
    G27
    Wireless netgear nic adapter (tried with the onboard ethernet too, same result)
    Microsoft security essentials

We've tried everything that comes to mind, so please throw ideas out there if you have any... I know this isn't really x-sim software I'm runningbut thought you guys may have some good suggestions anyway.

Thanks!
  2. JimSim

JimSim New Member

Data Warehouse ETL Solutions Architect
    Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you know if that processor is a true dual core or if maybe it is one of the early bogus dual cores that AMD made???
    I believe the Commander software requires a dual core machine...if you have have one of thos funky amd's it may be causing you issues..just a thought :cheers:
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the experiences software may only need one core, try isolating the program to one core and see if that help.
    Otherwise, games are starting to use 2 or more cores these days. Maybe go a quad core cpu.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are a genuine dual core for sure. It may be that iracing uses more cpu power than he has.
  5. Just_Wanna_Drive

Balance:
    275Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sry guys, I've been kinda out of pocket, so to speak...
    But thanks a ton for the tips! Bernard has been working hard on a solution for this problem, he has mentioned pretty much the same thing, so it looks like I need to upgrade it asap.

I've been pretty impressed with the effort put into finding a solution. He doesn't want to make me just start throwing parts at it yet w/o finding the exact cause of the problem. I ask a lot of how and why questions too, so I can deff respect that he wants to know the [reason] first so he can be sure this doesn't come up again.

On that same note, I wonder if overclocking the processor may tell us something...
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From the specs you give on your pc so far, the best thing would be a quad core cpu. Overclocking will not really help. It will make the cpu run faster and hotter, but you still need more cores.
    I run a Phenom II 965 BE quad core , 3.4 gig per core. I watched a cpu monitor on a separate screen and saw that games like dirt 3 use 2 cores fairly hard, and x-sim uses one core , so I have one core spare for any other bits. An AMD AM3 cpu should be fairly cheap these days, now the bulldozer is out. Just check exactly what motherboard you have , go to the manufacturers site and check the cpu compatibility list.
    Your cpu is listed as a AM3 socket so just look up AM# quad cores.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Phenom-II-X ... _770wt_911 heres a quick search.
    Your graphics card looks big enough, the ram may help going to 8 gig though.
    Still check the part number of your motherboard, as that will help suggest a suitable upgrade or just plain juice up!
  7. Just_Wanna_Drive

Balance:
    275Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the input and advise!

This issue was my fault completely...

It states on the SimXperience website that a quad core is recommend, and of course you guys know, mine isn't. I was pretty embarrassed to find out that all of this was due to my weak pc (and the fact that I thought it was better than it is).

Regardless, SimXperience has been absolutely awesome to deal with! Even though Bernard knew my processor was dual core, he tried his best to keep me from having to upgrade. We spent hours working on it, and made it much better; but I will definitely upgrade my pc asap to take full advantage of this system.

Thanks again Bernard! You, your products, support, and dedication are absolutely second to none. And I 100% mean that.

-Jody Fleming
    (another satisfied SimXperience customer)
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Never your fault, just part of the learning experience.
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Glad to help. I still have a few ideas left that we can discuss on Monday.
  10. Just_Wanna_Drive

Balance:
    275Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info on the AMD processors. I ordered a quad-core today, so I should be up and running full speed this weekend. I'll need a memory upgrade next, but I need a better seat ASAP!

I wish I would've just bought one from simXperience when I ordered my kit and been done with it. But I thought I had a easy line on one of my old Corbue seats, and I knew I had some kart racing seats if the other fell threw ( which it did...), but the kart seat is NOT designed for two hour + sessions... My back is killing me! Still can't stay off of it tho... =]