1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Configure Hyperterminal with AMC

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by 88franz88, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I'm new :blush: , I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section,
    I wanted to thank you all for the information that you have decided to condivere with everyone!

I built AMC and DSMHB,
    I programmed with AMC ponyprog and everything went well.
    Now I stopped to set the values ​​KP through the HyperTerminal program, I can not get AMC to communicate with the software,
    imposed the correct port and speed, I followed the guides that are on the site
    x-simulator.de but I am not come to the head.

Can you kindly help me?

Thanks to all!

Salve a tutti,
    sono nuovo, mi scuso se sto postando nella sezione errata,
    volevo ringraziare tutti voi per le informazione che avete deciso di condivere con tutti!

Ho costruito AMC e DSMHB,
    ho programmato AMC con ponyprog ed è andato tutto bene.
    Adesso mi sono fermato nell'impostare i valori KP tramite il programma HyperTerminal, non riesco a far comunicare AMC con il software,
    imposto correttamente la porta e la velocità, ho seguito le guide che sono nel sito
    x-simulator.de ma non ne sono venuto a capo.

Potete gentilmente aiutarmi?

Grazie a tutti!

Attached Files:

2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Thanks for the reply,
    Gives me the link The requested project entry does not exist.

Ciao,
    Grazie per la risposta,
    il link mi da The requested project entry does not exist.
  4. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me, the link works,
    I was not logged in!
  5. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I unzipped the folder and started the program, the port sector, the speed and data connectors. but nothing happens,
    attached photo

Attached Files:

• HT.jpg
      HT.jpg
      File size:
      212.8 KB
      Views:
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After you connect to the serial port, press the reset button on the AMC board...
  7. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I press reset and see this (photo attached)
    as I do now to set the values​​?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

• HT.jpg
      HT.jpg
      File size:
      419.3 KB
      Views:
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [strike]You type in the numbers you want to use and then enter.[/strike]

Just seen the photo, It seems that your com port is not correctly installed. Did you install the FTDI drivers?
  9. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. 88franz88

88franz88 New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    could be a problem on AMC (because my distraction during creation) or it is definitely a driver problem?
  11. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem.. Just zero value all the time.. Can´t understand what is wrong.. It is a communication problem, thats for sure, but wtf..
    Tried to change the max232 capacitors to 1uF, no change, checked everything else in that circuit, all ok.. Could it be a bad max-chip?
    Tried direct serial and usb>serial adapter, same thing.. Could it be the crystal ?

Damn, I thought that my AMC was running well.. :(
  13. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :yippiee: Got it! :yippiee:

There must have been a bad fuse setting in flash and the 8535 is not in the right frequency, the chip was very slow from the beginning, wondered that a lot.
    Don´t know why this happens to few people, and other have no problems at all.

(I actually broke one 8535 earlier, now its fishfood, could have affected other parts then, don´t know for sure)

This is what was a working solution for me, what components I changed, and how I got this bugger working, might not work with yours though, so I take no responsibility, if you break your AMC (more).

Starting point:

1. The Max chip I had first was a no brand Max232n, used 10uF/16v electrolytic capasitors with it, as in the guide.

2. Used 18.432Mhz crystal directly soldered to board, 22pF capacitors to it.

3. Got only <0> <0> <0> <0>.. in Br@y´s terminal, nothing in Putty/TeraTermPro, if dropped the baud rate in Br@y, got just jibberish, gave me a thought that what is wrong, the chip was not fast enough and did not talk properly.

Solution:

Bought a new Maxim Max232CPE, changed the 10uF elec. capasitors to 1uF ceramic ones, and a new crystall with 18pF capasitors to it.

...and this is the part that actually woke the 8535 to speed and connection started working..

4096.000/50Hz Crystal Oscillator

Got the idea from AVR-forum, a guy had a bad flash and couldn´t flash the 8535 again, the oscillator got the problem solved. :brows:

Powered off, changed the crystal to oscillator, powered up, powered down and reinstalled the 18.432 crystal. MY AMC WORKS PERFECTLY NOW!

I used Putty to set the KP, had problems with others mentioned above, I have windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

USB to Com adapter Aten UC-232A works perfectly btw if anyone is thinking of getting one..

Hope my findings help anyone who runs into same problem as I did too. :cheers:

Edit: I have read the datasheet of the 8535 and one thing that catched my eye was the info of maximum of 16Mhz crystal with 12-22pF capasitors.
    Could it be that you will not get this error if you flash the chip without the crystal installed, so installing it after the flash, it might work perfectly.
    Anyone? Got the same problem, and got it solved?