1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim 3 needs your efforts, or might stop!

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by floriske.nl, May 7, 2012.

?

Do you want the development of X-Sim 3 to continue and are you willing to put your effort into this?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    I'm going to try and keep this as short and direct as possible, but firstly want to make clear that this post is solely on my own initiative, and not in anyway requested or written by Sirnoname and Warandpeace.

What is this about?

As some of you might and some of you might not know Sirnoname and Warandpeace have been working hard to get the new beta version of- and website for X-Sim 3 up and running.

I have been in contact with Sirnoname lately and it turns out that so far there doesn't seem to be enough interest for v3 to keep developing it.

As you can imagine this is a bad evolution for us end users.

So what can we do to keep the project up and running

• Register at the new website http://www.x-sim.de (we are working very hard to get a partially new design up and running asap and maybe even a completely new design later on)
    • Post your questions etc. on the new forum (we are also working on/thinking about re-categorizing part of it asap)
    • Start using and testing the new beta version and post your findings

What if we stick with the current version instead of v3?

• Sirnoname will most likely stop the development of X-sim

Conclusion

If we, as end users, would like X-sim to evolve to the next level we will have to show that we are definitely interested in the new version and participate in- and contribute to the X-sim 3 community as much as possible.

I've added an interest poll to this topic and hope all votes will be yes and that everybody that votes yes indeed will put some effort in testing and using the new software. If we don't do this I'm afraid that on short notice the development will be stopped :(
  2. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Purely my own thoughts but I think it might be a mistake to have two web sites, one for each version. To get as much traffic, and interest, as possible then look at transferring everything across to the new web site. If two physical web sites are needed because of space etc. then keep it as two sites but with a front end so that users only see it as one site - if that's possible.
  3. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Unfortunately there are specific reasons for the fact that there are 2 forums which can't be overcome atm.

We are working hard on upgrading the X-Sim 3 site and forum but the most important thing is that people start using v3 and share their findings. X-sim 3 software statistics show that it isn't being used actively which leads to the programmer's conclusion that there isn't enough interest to keep developing it.
  4. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    I think he should be more communication on XSIM 3 of this forum.
    you must register a second time, can it be done with the same username and password on Xsim2?

our simulator project on Xsim2, we must put them on XSIM3?

I am of course interested by XSIM 3!, I will register soon.! :clap: :clap:
    :hi:
  5. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Unfortunately that's the way it is, having to move to the x-sim3 forum might seem a hassle, but on the other hand: how much time does a new registration take? ;)

We are working on the projects section on the X-sim 3 site (the current projects module leads to confusion) which hopefully is up and running soon so you can post your projects.

As for a time scale: I hope days, not weeks!
  6. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have registered at x-sim.de right in the beginning when found the simulator stuff. Can´t use the 3.0.0.4 version yet, cause still building my sim.
    The new version looks very good though, hope to get it running soon and to get familiar with it. (Downloaded it allready).
    I hope that the development will go on, might be that few people just don´t go to the site so often or update to 3.. I use x-sim.de daily. =)
    It is true that more activity is needed there.

Btw, I like the site´s layout a lot, maybe few things need updating/change, if someone asked me.. =)

Could the project gallery page be little more informative, like a picture of the project as a link, in other words more click the picture to see more..?

-Pete
  7. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    We are working on an improved design of the current layout, not a completely new one.

The projects section is originally a blog mod for phpbb and turns out not to work as a projects module. We are currently looking into bringing the projects back to forum posts just like on this forum.
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its true, there is not much interest as it seems!! I clicked to see how many online profiles are there and I seen only 4-5 users!!! This is a disaster !!!

COME ON PEOPLE!!! Support this great software!! Just by using it and reporting bugs you will get in result the best motion software available for free!! Don't hung on to outdated software!! X-sim3 is the future!!
  9. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    I passed the message on our forum in France :)
    :hi:
  10. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really want to take part in this forum, but in the two times that I have asked for assistance in part buying I have received no replies.
    Without that first bit of help I can't start to build, so I can't contribute.
    I will probably pass through again like I did before in another few months in the hope that I can find a post with all the required information in one place for me to start building.

It would help a lot if a sticky could be made of tried and tested setups (that gets updated) where all the required component parts are listed.
    I have no doubt that all this information is here in amongst the threads of this forum.
  11. tahustvedt

tahustvedt Member

Balance:
    62Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I tried X-sim3 a few weeks ago and there were two reasons why I had to stop. This is in no way meant as criticism, just an explanation of my situation.
    1. I was unable to get it to work properly.
    2. It broke my X-sim2 installation, rendering my sim unusable until I uninstalled both and reinstaled X-sim2.

I don't have the time to fiddle with the software to test it right now, but I will make a donation to the project in a few days when I get paid. I really appreciate the work that is being done, and I would be happy to pay for the software.
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes a sticky thread would be good, and a proper layout of the forum for people to see like this one would be good. Especially in regards to projects.
    As for help on the software, there are 344 members and I do not know how many people are using it. I for one am when I can. The software is evolving which is good, so if you can , help sort issues with it.
  13. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    You have to bear in mind that X-sim isn't a commercial product, it's completely dependent of it's community.

So in case of hardware questions always ask these type of things in the forum (there will be a hardware section the same like here on the new forum soon I hope), I bet there are people in the community willing to help you out.

Don't expect an answer from the developers, they have there hands full on the software.
    did you report your (detailed) problems to sirnoname in a pm or in the forum or did you just uninstall the software and revert back to v2?
    In the latter case it will be hard for the developers to solve your problems.

Remember: if no one tests the software and reports their findings (either good or bad) it's hard to develop it to a bug free version.
    A proven to work hardware thread or even a (very well moderated) subforum would be good indeed, but don't expect sirnoname to write one. So someone in the community would have to take the responsibility for this.
  14. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    many people use XSIM and not many are answers to questions.
    it is difficult to understand.

some examples: DIRT 3 CRASH :)
    Bass shaker plugin. ;D

it would be interesting to discuss the question. :)

it is difficult to help if you do not know well the foundation software

I try to help as best as possible
    I do not want to hurt anyone.
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These issues really should be posted on the new forum as bugs and or help.
  16. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Those topics he adresses are posted on the new forum, it's just that users need to make the step to the new forum to answer them eventhough it's still a work in progress.

I'm trying to speed up things, but I'm only working on the updated design and don't have administrative rights for the forum so I'm dependent on others.

Here's a sneak preview of what we are working on: sneak preview.jpg
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah ...looking good......
  18. fooons

fooons New Member

Técnico Sistemas Informáticos
    Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also working in spanish translations, only a few revisions more, and it will be ready for send to sirnoname.
  19. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    hello i cant register somehow because my password do not meet the criteria. I checked and rechecked and still does not work/

i downloaded the software and hope to give a try soon . (current profile would work?)

thanks
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    send a message to the admin on the right forum www.x-sim.de