1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

central column with spring (or not)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by vulbas, May 4, 2012.

1. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    hello,
    as you know I did my 3DOF. the problem is the slide. you know where I can find a slide like msesimulation?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRNstNY3Dmk

comme vous savez j'ai fait mon 3dof. le probleme c'est la coulisse. savez vous ou je pourrai trouvez une coulisse comme celle de msesimulation ?
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You will have to get one made up, refer to Aldoz 3DOF post, he may be able to help.
  3. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    thank's bsft
  4. FernVeilleux

FernVeilleux New Member

Small business owner
    Balance:
    36Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Vulbas,

I used a pneumatic cylinder with an expansion tank for this, inexpensive and very efficient.

J'ai utilisé un cylindre pneumatique lié à un réservoir d'expansion (ratio 50:1, dans ton cas avec tes moteurs il suffirait de 30:1 ) pour cela. Tu es bien outillé, tu as certainement un compresseur sinon le Michelin MCX20 est relativement silencieux (68db) et il suffit d'un simple régulateur de pression pour maintenir le simulateur.

Fernand
  5. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    merci fernveilleux,
    aurais tu des photo ?

sinon je pense garder ma coulisse actuelle

je ne peux pas me resoudre à utiliser le systeme de pantographe

je vais tester un autre truc avec ma coulisse carré. je vais souder des morceaux d'acier autour de la partie fixe pour reduire le jeux. un cordon de soudure en bas de la partie mobile et roule ma poule. je vais tester au point ou j'en suis...

avant :
    [​IMG]

apres :
    [​IMG]

cordon de soudure :
    [​IMG]

bien graisser ça devrait le faire, et puis meme si j'ai 5mm de jeu au bout du simu c'est raisonnable.

fernveilleux thank you,
    you have the picture?

otherwise I think keeping my current slide

I can not bring myself to use the system of pantograph

I will test another thing with my sliding square. I will weld steel pieces around the fixed part to reduce the games. a weld bead at the bottom of the movable portion and roll my chicken. I will test to the point where I am ...

before:
    picture

after:
    picture

weld:
    picture

thoroughly lubricate it should do, and then although I have 5mm of play after the simulation is reasonable.
  6. FernVeilleux

FernVeilleux New Member

Small business owner
    Balance:
    36Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I hope you have not done any welding to your column yet, I really think it is not the solution to the problem.

Thera are 2 solutions that will work and one will eliminate almost all play.

1 - Use anti-friction plastic. I buy from times to times some scrap material from my metal supplier. They come in sheet of different size, thickness but I forgot the name. I will call my supplier tomorrow and post it here.
    2 - Use rollers like cheap bearings to guide your slider. Use one on each side and install some at the bottom of your inner tube. You can adjust them to eliminate allmost all play.

As for pictures of my set-up it is now impossible to take some to have a clear view because everything is under the seat with other systems. But this drawing will help your already brilliant creativity. Air cylinder setup.JPG
    The important things are :
    1 - Everything is connected without any valve to the pressure regulator
    2 - You DO need an expansion tank.
    3 - The hose between cylinders and tank should not be less than ½

with a cylinders/system ratio of 1:20 what happens is this : if the pressure when platform up is 100psi, when your motors pull it down it will be about 105.2psi then. You set the pressure regulator after you calculate the weight it has to support / area of pistons.

Hope this help you

/*****************************

J'espère que tu n'as pas encore soudé ta colonne car je ne crois pas que ce soit la solution.

Il y en a 2 dont une élimine pratiquement tout jeu.

1 - Utilise un plastique anti-friction. Je m'en procure de temps à autre de mon fournisseur de métal. J'achète seulement des retailles à prix ridiculement bas. C'est disponible en feuille de différente épaisseur. Il m'arrive d'en limer pour obtenir l'épaisseur désirée. J'ai oublié le nom de ce matériel, alors je vais appeler mon fournisseur demain et publier ce nom.
    2 - Utilise des rouleaux comme guide. Des roulements bon marché suffisent. Mets-en un de chaque côté et en bas de la partie interne. Tu peux les ajuster pour éliminer presque tout le jeu.

En ce qui concerne des photos de mon support, il est impossible d'avoir une vue claire maintenant que tout est assemblé et sous mon siège. Le dessin publié devrait aider ta créativité.

Ce qui est important c'est :
    1 - Tout est connecté sans la moindre soupape jusqu'au régulateur
    2 - Il est essentiel d'avoir un réservoir d'expansion
    3 - Entre les cylindres et le réservoir, le boyau ne devrait pas être moins de 12mm

avec un ratio cylindres/system de 1:20 voici ce que arrive : si ta plateforme est en haut et que la pression est de 7 bars, lorsque tes moteurs la tireront jusqu'en bas elle sera d'environ 7.37 bar alors. Tu ajustes la pression du régulateur après avoir calculé le poids vs la surface des pistons.

J'espère que ceci t'aidera

Fernand
  7. FernVeilleux

FernVeilleux New Member

Small business owner
    Balance:
    36Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

The name of the anti-friction material is Ultra-high-molecular-weight (UHMW) polyethylene.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high ... lyethylene

If you would like more information about air suspension just let me know the weight of your platform with controls, pilot, passengers, etc. Also the inner dimension of the inner tubing of your slider and the pressure your compressor is set. I will make a better picture, easier to understand.

/***************

Bonjour,

Le nom du matériel est UHMW PE. Tu n'en as besoin que de quelques lisières.
    http://www.plastiquesgplus.com/fr/plastiques/uhmw.html
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/UHMWPE

Si tu désires plus d'information au sujet de suspension à air, fais-moi savoir le poids total de ta plate-forme avec les contrôles, pilote, passagers, etc. Aussi la dimension interne du tube interne de ta coulisse ainsi que la pression auquel est réglé ton compresseur. Je me ferai un plaisir d'en faire un portrait plus facile à comprendre.

Fernand
  8. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    merci pour ton aide,
    je pense que je vais mettre 4 plaques de teflon (ptfe). dans la partie fixe.de cette façon il n'y aura pas de jeu. pour le ressort, il va bien sur mon simulateur, je ne vais donc pas me lancer dans un montage compliquer avec reservoir et compresseur.

thank you for your help,
    I think I'll put four plates of Teflon (PTFE). in the fixed part. de this way there will be no play. for the spring, he goes on my simulator, so I will not get into a complicated assembly with tank and compressor.
  9. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    je ne savais pas que le delrin existait en plaque. je vais essayer d'en trouver.

I did not know existed in the Delrin plate. I'll try to find.
  10. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    I did not know existed in the delrin plates. I'll try to find in France.

je ne savais pas que le delrin existait en plaques. je vais essayer d'en trouver en france.