1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. eloverphx

eloverphx Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    Well I tested my h-bridge tonight and blew a couple of the 4905 chips. Not sure why though. One worked for a few seconds before it popped. I used a 18v battery and a battery powered drill. It went full speed then I turned the pot it slowed the motor down then it popped the chip. Anyone have a similar situation? It's the thanos hbridge. Not sure what else to share. I had it hooked to my Amc 1.5 and had the force sender and profiler running.
    Thanks for any help
  2. eloverphx

eloverphx Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    So I was thinking an is it possible if my pot was telling the position 180° out from what the computer was telling it to do, is it possible it tried to go both directions at the same time causing the chip to get bad voltage making it explode?
  3. HAKAN123

HAKAN123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PWM_AMC15_2DOF_v1 firmware

Do you have C code or assembly code?

urgent need to

please please please !!!
  4. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    So close yet so far.
    if you look at the pic in my last post here. Flipping the wires worked! YESSSS! :cheers:
    Silly enough this is POT1.
    POT2 only turns one way.....this is not something i seem to be able to adjust with the potmeter on the amc board...right? :sos:

I'm so close i can taste it!!! grrrr :mughase: who has the answer?
    swapping potmeter or motor doesn't change anything.
  5. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Ok, more intel.
    With pot 1 the motor reacts to the center of the pot meaning, turn the pot left the motor goes one way , turn it right it goes the other.
    Pot 2 however.... turn is one way and the motor goes one way. But it wont turn far enough to the other way to have the motor turn the opposite side........how can i calibrate this pot?

I wahnna finish my built and start publicing it here...
  6. eloverphx

eloverphx Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    Have you tried swapping the pots to see if maybe you have a bad pot. Just a shot in the dark.
  7. Hardsteel73

Hardsteel73 Hardsteel73

Self employed
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes i swapped the pots and also the motor... is there a way to calibrate or should i recheck the h bridge, or is this more an amc problem
  8. eloverphx

eloverphx Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Joyrider
    I think I would start with the h-bridge personally. Does your LCD show that the motor should be moving? With out the computer and the h-bridge hooked to it are you getting the number to correspond to the pots correctly? If so that would push me towards the h-bridge. If you used the screw terminals swap your mosfets and see if the problem follows those. Maybe you have a bad one or two.
  9. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I speak from my experience, I blew few mosfet ond the h-bridge too!
    After few days of troble shooting, this is what had happened:
    My wiper motors where not isolated and would short !!!!
    You see in one direction would work fine, on reverse would pop the mosfet!
    Are your motor isolated from the frame,Pot,and h-bridge?

Have you tested the h-bridge without the motor for light patterns?
    Also isolate the pots from the wiper motor too.
  10. fcamargo0101

fcamargo0101 New Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello friends.

I have two little doubt.
    I replace the LM2940CT-05 by 7805 (voltage regulator)?

and I can use the atmega644 luagar in the 8535?

Thanks for help.
  11. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Finally finished the h-bridge. Quick question :
    What speed you guys use for the wiper motor?
    Fast or slower?

Thanks!
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to all,

I just finished the new version of the AMC1.6USB. It can be found here: http://www.x-sim.de/forum/blog.php?u=101&b=21

I won't be able to provide support any more on this old AMC1.5 project so I encourage everyone to start the new USB version... :hi:

Regards,
    Thanos
  13. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What´s going on the other topic, this link its not availeble anymore!!! Whats happend??
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its still there. I just went to x-sim.de to have a look on it and its there. Nothing changed! Maybe you weren't login there or something.

Thanos
  15. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. faelvasco

faelvasco New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello guys,

This week I received almost all components to build my AMC. but looking carefully at the layouts and the list of necessary components, I found something strange. Is asking to be bought this on the list:

1 - RES 470 OHM 1/4W 1%
    5 - Res 10K OHM 1/4W 1%

but in the layout as you can see in the picture below, has two res 470 in red. Also in yellow has 6 res 10k, and is asking for 5. I do not know what happened.

[img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=127&image_id=449[/img600px]

---------------

Another thing I wanted to ask. I bought some components in Futurlec. and where requested a 470ohm resistor I got one of 475ohm, and others also did this, for example

list - buy
    resistor
    270ohm - 274ohm
    220ohm - 221ohm
    47.5kohm - 47kohm
    39.2kohm - 39kohm
    4.75kohm - 4.7kohm

capacitor with the same purchase of different voltage.
    ceramic capacitor
    0.1uf 63v - 50v 0.1uf
    63v 22pf - 22pf 50v

Is there a problem with that?

grateful

Thank you all
  17. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings, :)
    I see your delemma my brother! I'm not a soldering guru like a lot of you, guys, but I've been building a AVR 1.5 for about 5 months and I'll be first to tell you keep to the list, as far as values because after building the AVR 1.5, it did not work, another complete rebuild and nothing (I kept getting Device Unknown... when I tried to program the atmega8535). I still am unable to program it. A fellow by Yobuddy sent me a programmed atmega8535, and it works. Anyway, long story short if all of the values you place on the board are variable, then if you have a problem, you're up the creek without a paddle! Just my opionion though...

Another thing, ASK QUESTIONS. Don't read anything without first asking if this is current info, if you don't, it will turn around and bite you on the ass, it cost me around $150.00, because of bad info on a sheet called 'AVR Motion Simulator Contoller, Rev 1.5, dated 2/19/2000', still in circulation. I saw a Parallax HB-25 servo depicted and, now I am the proud owner of two Parallax HB-25s that I can't do anything with, becuase too old to refund! That will teach me. ASK, ask, and ask again! I orderd up a two new motor controller boards from Pololu, they should be here next week!
    On the plus, side...ALMOST THERE! I think I stepped into every trap you could imagine....
    jsmith2307
  18. TowMater

TowMater New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you register to www.x-sim.de ??? You must be logged in there for the link to work. Or just go to the Projects page there and click to sort by Popular Project Entries ... lol

Thanos
  20. poteroa

poteroa New Member

Service Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi faelvasco!

Been some time since did any electronics but found the hobby again cause of Tronic´s AMC and the H-bridge.
    Was a bit challenging cause took the filled pcb version. :D
    I never got that AMC pcb print to scale located in the pdf for some reason, but found a seperate picture later in the post that printed out right, check with the 40 pin IC-base before etching. (only component that assures the scale right).
    Oh, and for some reason, when I took the power for the LCD from external PSU (Like adviced in the pdf), I never got that AMC display output working, so for me worked using the same source for the AMC and LCD, remember that some LCD-displays need a resistor to limit the current for the backlight (if it´s got a LED-backlight). Don´t plug any source to it directly without checking the specifications first, it will burn the LED.

Well to the matter you are asking about.
    Those resistors you posted are ok and the capacitors too, you will never be feeding 50v nor there won´t be any over 50v peak for the AMC, so they are fine.
    And yes, there are some inconsistencies with the parts lists, I did not check everything well, so had to drive 50km to get the missing resistors. =) Order 10 pcs of everything, (resistors), the price is nothing for them, and its always good to have few for spare, LED´s too, they don´t take heat very well, might break when welding. =) (I just got a huge bag of resistors, if need to build one AMC for spare or something happens to the first one). Oh, and if you are considering to build the H-Bridge, use the IRFL44N MOSFETs NOT the IRFZ44N ones, they will not work, or you might get problems as few have (burning them). (Fet has to be logiclevel MOSFET).

Well hope this helps, good luck with the build. :cheers:

- Poteroa