1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

rFactor 2 Beta NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Discussion in 'Force-Sender & Plugins' started by bleco, Nov 12, 2011.

1. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This game feels incredibly good! Force feeback is something, better then iRacing IMO

And the motion feels very good too!

Bleco
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I would have to agree. The motion and Force Feedback both feel great.
  3. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi, I finally get the game working and the motion works very well.
    I am wondering if anyone noted that right after you click to race (in garage) it have a delay before to start motion? But surely ISI can easily fix it.

rafael
  4. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    yep ... I have an approx 10sec delay ... Nice to see the little data acquisition pop up at top left of screen!
    Once it disapears, you get the motion ...

Bleco
  5. tigsim

tigsim New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes the motion starts after 5sec (maybe after start line)
    Rfactor2 is really good, very good servers. sometimes it crashes but i dont mind :)
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good to see you guys having fun. What is the actual game like in terms of graphics?

I have to say I not been impressed with the video clips from youtube which sometimes dont tel the whole story. The graphics seem to be old school.
  7. tigsim

tigsim New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After buying the game, at first 5 mins i thought money gone for nothing, graphics was not like videos in the Rfactor.net.
    But after some driving i used to it. motion and the game phsycs are not bad, and game is not so hard (i am not good at iRacing).
    Maybe there will be updates for graphics.
    But game needs more cars, more tracks, a reputation system.

(my system has 6870 with 3 monitor 42 eyefinity on i7_950cpu)
  8. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Hey Tigsim,

I noticed you have Eyefinity and rFactor 2, could you please tell use how the framerate is as I read somewhere somebody put dont run this game on more than 1 screen. I heavily rely on eyefinity and have an OC 5870 which runs rFactor 1 with 25 cars at max setting bar shadows which are medium at 80fps+.

Bart
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    guys ... this is a BETA ... and the first ever public release!

There will be updates and additions over the next 6 months before it's officially released ...

Graphics when everything is maxed out are already very realistic to me but still have a lots of bugs ... it's normal and it can't be compared to complete games ...

Also 'easy handling' doesn't mean not realistic in terms of handling physics. A lot of sim racers think that a sim needs to have low grip to be a sim ... iRacing grip is not realistic in a lot of racing situations.

There are some topics about optimizing multiple screens setups performances on isi forum ...

My 2 cents ...

Bleco
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In that case, I may wait a few weeks and read reviews and wait for updates before I spend any money.
    If it is like Race Injection, then I am a little concerned. Race Injection is just repacked old expansions, no new graphics.
    My 2.5 cents worth , (have to consider GST).
  11. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    rFactor 2 Beta build 49 is already way better then rFactor 1 in every aspect imo .... but still as a lot to be added in the next few weeks/months ... But it as nothing to do with Simbin Race07 expension packs... It's a new game, new graphic engine, new physics, new tire model, new weather system etc ... If you are looking for a complete and bug free game and don't want to spend money for a beta then just wait for the official release...

Bleco
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Bleco and thanks for your input. I may just wait for an official release then.
    Cheers for the advice.
    David.
  13. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Bleco is absolutely right.
    Just to add my personal opinion...rFactor2 is already the best game available in every aspect and mostly in physics. wanna see the fist mods available soon (I think it don´t take longer) ...check out virtualr website :)

:cheers:
    rafael
  14. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I love it, I bought my lifetime membership without doubt.

When I installed it I was very dissapointed to start with, I actually thought rFactor one was better but that was all down to the framerate I got on preconfigured auto settings.

After a few hours messing and turning things on off and cross checking things against my old rfactor custom .plr and controller files the results are unbelievable. I love it now 66 F1 mod and spa rules, this is now easily the best sim racing game ever. I have a q6600 oc to 3ghz 4 gig ram and a ati 5870 I am able to run everything on full with +80fps. Sound and Graphics are superb I have very slight but unnoticable jaggys in the distance, eyefinty triple head setup youtube video to come tomoz hopefully.

For all you dissapointed folk, here are some setting that will help alot, make sure the following settings are set as below

MIP Mapping=1
    Compressed Textures=1
    Mipmap LOD Speed=1.00000 // Speed (MPH) at which maximum mipmap bias is used (*** from 100)
    Mipmap LOD Bias=1.00000

Record Replays=0 // whether to record replays or not
    Save All Replay Sessions=0 // whether to save the replay from each session
    Record To Memory=1 // record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)
    Compress Replay=0

hope this helps, thank god I dont have to upgrade my gfx card
  15. museumsteve

museumsteve Member

Retailer
    Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Can you point us in the right direction where to change these please?
    :)
  16. museumsteve

museumsteve Member

Retailer
    Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Can you point us in the right direction where to change these please?
    :)
  17. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    its in the .plr file in your my documents rfactor 2 folder, those settings help a bit if you want to run as much detail as possible but not much.
    Since my last post I have upgraded to a GTX680 and I run everything maxed out, you will need a graphics card with atleast 2gb vram if you are running 3 screens which is one of the reasons I upgraded.
  18. museumsteve

museumsteve Member

Retailer
    Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks mate, I'm using a 2gb HD6970 with eyefinity at the moment..i'll have a look at settings tomorrow anyway :)
  19. Chris2

Chris2 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have lost my Xsim plugin for RF2 (following a crash of my PC).
    Could you please give me a link to download it ?

Thank you very much in advance :sos:
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Register on www.x-sim.de and you will find the answer there