1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My 3DOF project is born!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by AldoZ, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aldoz not the issue......
  2. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    BSFT I'm not critical of peoples work only give constructive comments, opinions and considerations. Please quote me on something I have said that is wrong. I have never said anybodies sim is bad as you can see there are many different designs popping up all the time and they all have different feel and force which is quite easy to comment on. Some people build them out of wood and some build them out of steel, all I have said to the ones that build them out of wood is thats a good design, have you considered it to be made out of steel. I have never been critical or called anybodys simulator bad or anything along them lines, since then you have got your knickers in a twist and left little childish arrogant comments aimed towards me here and there.
    I'm not here for point scoring like you I couldn't care less, if I have time I help those that I can help with my experience for free, which is mainly all programming based and electronics based, mechanically I am not that great I admit.
    I have never been critical of the advice that you give people even when I thought it was bad advice but answer me this how many JRKs $100 have you written off and you have been telling people you over volt and run high amps and its fine the JRKs can handle it. What did you quote yourself as mindless forklift truck driver? I agree. And please dont give advice about PID which you don't even understand.
    The code I will share will only be functions and advice. I decide not to give away something that I have spent 1000+ hrs away for free, sure the community would appreciate it but I could probably make a living off selling my own control box that could work with any common motor driver by an analogue voltage or digital system much more powerful than the JRK's power restrictions.

At the end of the day BSFT you have misread what I have said please quote me on what I have said thats wrong.

I havn't even said anything about your scabby looking junkyard simulators that can be knocked up in 5 min either.
  3. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    sorry, I meant do not worry, they are human errors, my English is very bad :tape:
  4. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    @BSFT : always remember to recognize those whom have helped you get this far.
    Shut up you point scoring biatch
  5. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK

let me say something, do not understand why this topic is not good fight! :stop: .... BSFT in a gentle way to help people like me who do not know the subject of simulators, as you say he has many tests, and damaged cards jrk, even so the goal is still trying, like you, he has many hours of evidence and that costs a lot of time and money, but still shares his experiences with everyone, I for one appreciate the help of BSFT, thanks and regards, ...., sorry for my English :mug1:
  6. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I'm only bitchin cos he bitchin about me for no reason, he being very critical of my comments yet I havn't said anything bad only suggestions and the man is offended. He is whats known as the forum troll. Wishing to be the forum leader top dog, he insults the yoda software and the x-sim creators saying the software doesnt work, notice he is the only one complaining about this (because he isn't an expert). However if he told me some voltage is fine with the JRKs and they broke for me I would be a not happy man and pololu will not give me my money back for overvolting and melting my board. Never has he quoted run this at your own risk, he falsely leads you to believe it is fine.
    Sorry christian but always cross examin his advice when it comes down to electronics, and please remember no chip is the same some have a better thermal threshold than others but to loose $100 of equipment by one mans word isnt worth it.
    Always get a second opinion and ask somebody else, I would help more if I was certain of my advice and had the time.

Sorry Aldoz don't want to make a mess in your thread but this crap has to end here, I wont have BSFT insult me and then let him lead others into a false sence of security with there JRKs. Yes some advice is welcome over no advice but bad advice can be expensive please people don't run out of maximum 10 % out of spec. for your JRKs.
  7. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi dudes and thx to all for support and passion you put when you write your comments!.
    Please, no quarrel! :no:
    For me you are all very foundamental to archive my goals, all you guys gave me teachings and ALL your comments are pure fuel for my motivation and for my knowledge!

We are all part of this forum comunity and each of these parts are essential!
    Over that we are all human animals :jinx: with all our defects and misunderstandings!
    And over again, in all world families (even the better and lovely families) sometimes can happen a moment in where little fight and controversy happen, It's normal as make some error as my SUPER SUCKER ERROR about forget to turn on the security on my jrk... :tired:

I can't imagine my project life and growth without ALL your comments from ALL of you!
    So I am sure about bsft and BartS are both a bit sorry for the misunderstandings and I am pretty sure both want to give ,with all their volition, all the help their can to all members of this forum! So Thank you guys and continue our works with all force and stubbornness!
    Thx to christian too to support and tahustvedt that providing me a new gear for my winch!

You are all indispensable dudes, believe me, ALL of you! :thbup:

Sure with this bad damage never again I forget to check the feedback and input security of my jrk! Lesson learned :eek: 8)

Go guys, GO! :clap: :cheers:
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Done, point spoken and point taken, lets get back to sim building

And the scabby sims actually take about 10 mins to put together :rofl:
  9. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    :) yeah mate and I can't wait to back to tests and back to drift with my virtual Subaru to understand how a drift is mathematically interpreted by X-SIM!
    And sure, I want to back to try to kick one time for ever the PID ass!! :roll: :??
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am still kicking it...... :rofl: and my own........ :rofl:
  11. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    haha dude, reading your last comment I imagined the Duke saying (using the duke voice..):
    ahhh It's good!!!

I think a material version of PID as a end stage boss could be a good idea for the next Duke chapter..
    Sure will be a fuckin damn hard boss. And sure I probably lost my last decent working neuron on my skull! :D

But my friend, trying, trying and trying and now we have already some secure PID settings to use! Not bad! :clap:
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, same here, PID settings working finally.....
    I only blew up JRKS from stupidity of hooking up them, NOT over currenting them.
  13. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Another thing,
    in the plot of variables window in the jrk config utility I can see the ERROR variable:
    jrk_variables.jpg

It this variable referred to the accumulation of PID errors in the time?

And if yes, what of the errors showed on the error tab is the same showed in the variables plot?:
    jrk_errors.jpg

Or maybe the error variable in the plot of variables window is a total value of all possible errors?
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I havent looked that far, but feedback disconnect is exactly that, there is a good chance you may be over throwing your pots feedback settings to cause it to fly too far. I had the same problem, so I re-did feedback, adjusted PID to help stop overshoot and got results.
    Errors will always happen, its just the JRK handing them is the key, things like PID rate as well, I run mine at 25ms, 5ms caused too many errors.
    Maybe with your setup , it requires some more work on PID and stuff.
    :cheers:
    Ummm....that probably didnt answer that...... :?
  15. tahustvedt

tahustvedt Member

Balance:
    62Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The error graph looks like the difference between the target and feedback. Error in this case means the difference that you are trying to eliminate with PID adjustment.
  16. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ah, good confirmation. Probably the motor goes overshot when this graph become too distance from the feedback graph (or just I think..).
    Next tests I will try to watch this graph while someone driving my platform.
    Just to undertand how this graph work related to the feedback and target in the different driving style, profiler and PID..
  17. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Great news here! Today I received the new winch gear from tahustvedt!
    Really fast and the gear fit and work perfectly, without any issues! :thbup:

An universal THANK YOU AGAIN to tahustvedt!
    My friend, you really pulled me out of a bad trouble, in a very fast and operative way! believe me!

And now let's to make the pot modification for this gear and max 2 days and I will be able to continue the tests!
    :highfive: :cheers:
  18. tahustvedt

tahustvedt Member

Balance:
    62Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great news! I can't believe how fast that went. :)
  19. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi all again!
    Today I finshed a full 2 days tests with great result about reliability.

Over 1 hour of non stop test with just the motors a bit warm.

Here the vid of today (Spa Francorchamps):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze03FlFk0Gw&list=UU0K6KF9MrmigNbWyWlqrv7g&index=1&feature=plcp
    This profile is a good mix between rudeness and softness.

Tomorrow evening I will test a new profile modification to push my 3dof at his limits about vertical bumbs!.
    My impossible mission is to get near to the force-dynamics bumps..
    yea, I know, my motors are not fast and powerful as the force-dynamics motors but I am pretty sure I can reach a really good result.
    Cutting a bit the max travel of the vertical bumps and playing good with the values on the gForce plugin,PID and motors so I am sure I can get a damn good effect!

Obviously might not be enough.. So if I need more power I have ready the relays device, ready to be plugged on my 3dof electrical box... :D
    Here the pics:
    b.jpg
    a.jpg

I am really curious about. Finally I am near to test this POWER plug for my 3dof.. total power from the motor of the winch.
    IF you set the max current to infinite with cycle and accelleration to the max so you can't reach the power of the winch motor directly plugged to the batteries.
    The jrk make a GREAT work but can't handle all the real motor power.
    Using the relays system will be as the motors are directly plugged to the batteries.. really MAX power from these motors..

Here what my motor can lift in vertical :

with jrk and max performances from jrk config utility = 60/65 kg (with a bit of effort)

without jrk, directly plugged to the battery = 85/95 kg (without effort)

Using realy system I get the same power of the motor directly plugged to the battery.

So maybe tomorrow will be the right moment to plug my BOOST system! will see :)

See soon!

PS: tahustvedt, the gear works GREAT! :)
  20. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ok, today a lot of tests and a really great reliability! (not yet used the relay system)
    No major problem except one.
    One of the spring coils touching the upper side of the cylinder, blocking the vertical travel :( (I can't use 10cm of vertical travel!!)

Bad new because now I need to reposition the spring.
    Probably the point where the spring is attached are too narrow so the spring can not rotate itself enough to not deform.
    The attach point are really tight so the spring can not vent so it start to deform making a coil to touch the cylinder blocking the vertical travel.

I hope this is not a really bad problem and I hope to solve it this saturday reposition the spring.

however great tests and great fun! I am sure that without the problem of the spring I would get the final version of my 3dof! But was obvious I need to wait to celebrate :uups:

here the vids of today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ0cAkmQLb0&feature=youtube_gdata
    Subaru Impreza 2006 on Suzuka with a lot of little bumps! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_71j-I5YgFQ&feature=youtube_gdata
    Subaru on Suzuka without a lot of little bumps - Notice from 1:39 the damn FAST reaction of my Subaru! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKORMFUpMo&feature=youtube_gdata
    Subaru on Laguna Seca using MEAN VALUE FILTER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG1fmifAswQ&feature=youtube_gdata
    Subaru on Laguna Seca without MEAN VALUE FILTER

Next vids will show the 3dof using the relay method! See soon!