1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Any members in Sydney Australia?

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by bsft, May 22, 2011.

1. glenche

glenche DarkMan

Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi bsft,
    I am based in Sydney.
    I have designed a very different motion sim (3DOF) which works with Ian Hopper's electronics and SW.
    I am now trying to get it working with X-Sim and am having startup issues.
    The main reason being to use it with rFactor and perhaps other driving Sims.
    Happy to touch base. Email me on white_glen@yahoo.com.au.
    Where are you based n Sydney?
    G
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in Merrylands. I am interested to see the sim you have designed.
    :cheers: David.
  3. yingxuy

yingxuy New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was almost ready to buy a SIMXPERIENCE kit, but if there are other people here have built their own, and can give me some direction, I would like to establish their own.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where are you based? - never mind, you already stated where you are...........

You can contact me on ziltoid@optusnet.com.au

I do not know of any members in Sydney whom have a simexperience kit
  5. mike546

mike546 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, just joined and located in Sydney. I'm looking at building a joyrider setup and just researching now on where to start. Any pointers will be great. I'm in Cabramatta which is south west Sydney.

Your setup Dave is the reason I'm here.
  6. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Im based on the Gold Coast.

BUt I would love to see your design? could you post some pictures?

Im slowly building mine up, I will definetly be open to some visitors to check it out once its finished. (perhapes 2013 :).. althoguh im really aiming for my birthday, june 30th 2012)
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Email ziltoid@optusnet.com.au for more information
  8. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi,
    I live in Maroubra, have a static pod I built last year from plans on TWIP, have now constructed a 2dof replacement seat for it using:
    Velleman K8055
    Sabretooth 2 x 12
    2 x Wipermotors
    Have it working OK mechanically, but have to set everything up in Profiler and Sender, and that seems to be quite a job!!
    Have downloaded quite a lot of instructions, but there seems to be a lot missing for a newbie
    Rastus
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in western suburbs, drop me a line at ziltoid@optusnet.com.au
    Cheers, David.
  10. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

Balance:
    477Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well G'day all. Just joined and live in Newcastle. I am looking at making my own motion sim using the velleman k8055 and wiper motors, some good threads on this here. Have had a static rig with a buttkicker and logitech g25 for Race07 and rFactor (homebuilt) for a while and looking to convert to full motion.
    PS I am using the latest version of x sim and can't seem to work out how to open force sender, any tips (such a noob)
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do yourself a BIG favour, buy pololu JRKS http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1393 , one per motor and save yourself a whole lot of hassle.
    As for latest version of x-sim starter problem, please post on the right forum.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

Balance:
    477Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will look into this. Thanks for the heads up. Will post other question elsewhere.
    Just asking BSFT, do you have a link to show how the pololu JRKS work (software and hardware etc) with race07 or rFactor or flight simX. Do they work with x-sim?
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please send me a PM, and I will pass on info, the upload links I had are dead.
  14. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9pHEEuZ3B8&list=UUK-2-HCSYxhyrJWYMERXWNg&index=11&feature=plcp

wipers, single turn pots in xsim, with rfactor
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    JimmyT
    In the xsim folder from memory there should be 5 shortcuts.
    A double click on ForceSender or Profiler should bring it or them , up with a screen full of sliders as well. Profiler wont come up unless the K8055 is plugged in.
    I'm only a newbie myself, and have something similar to you and am still struggling.
    Look up a couple of posts and you'll see my initial post on this forum. What are you using to drive the motors there's a lot of alternatives if you haven't decided yet.
    Plenty of advice here, sounds simple to start, but can get complicated.
    Now I know why I'm all confused but have plenty of hair.
    If your interested and have a landline (no mobile) email me your # and a convenient time to ttburrows@optusnet.com.au.
    I'll give you a call and have a yarn.
    Cheers
    Trevor
  17. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

Balance:
    477Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Trevor, I only have Converter Extractor and uninst exe files in my x sim folder and about 10 sub folders.
    Edit: it will be a while before I need to worry about sending info to my simulator so I have plenty of time to find the other parts of the program.

I am thinking of using the JRKs and wiper motors in a frex style of rig, maybe. I will be doing a bit more research here and elsewhere before I get into it though.
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am 38 and already getting grey hair JimmyT! :rofl:
  19. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

Balance:
    477Coins
    Ratings: