1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Iracing Bassshaker Profil with Slider

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by Nima, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i have work again on bassshaker profiling.very good work with slider now.its many better as befor by my.curbs and bumps are the same slider.the slider on the top with f are for frequecy.with v for volume.i have a ibeam bassshaker.this are my settings in the basshaker plugin

bass.PNG

I am very interested for feetback

Attached Files:

2. Popeyin

Popeyin Member

Truck driver
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi nima,thanks for the profile. works better than 24.3.11 feels better the bumps,curbs,engine and brake but is diferent feel.
    when i connect the shaker to the center/sub and works only with the sound card the feel is diferent.only i feel the high revolutions and low rev ,per example witch any car in 5th gear/80kms/h when i open gas.and i go out track,pianos(curbs)..

my english is not the better por explain me sorry :-(

in this video in the 0,05 this sound i wanna feel this whith the profile.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR-7EzqfYn0
  3. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi popeyin
    what car do you drive ? what is your shaker and amp?your amp or soundcard limit
    the frequency?
  4. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    on the video is f1 my profil is for the mazda and is only for 8000 rpm and 250 kmh
    hi rpms have not many vibration.you mast test with sound the bassshaker is only a boost for the sound.
  5. Popeyin

Popeyin Member

Truck driver
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,i have the Earthquake mini-quake
    Frequency Response: 15 - 200Hz
    Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
    Power Handling: Up to 300 Watts
    and
    Earthquake XJ-300R Digital Amplifier
    •Class J powered Mono Block
    •Phase: 0-180°
    •Crossover: 50Hz - 160Hz
    280 watts RMS @ 4-Ohm
    i have soundblaster audigy2 Zs platinum for the game and motherboard card for the shacker.
    i try with mazda mx5 and Star Mazda
  6. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what is the crossover on your amp in the moment?set on 160 Hz.
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This seems to be very different with each combination of ButtKicker and Amp. Even changing the volume level on an amp can make the difference between what feels like an organized V8 rumble and unordered vibrations.

I'm thinking to build an experimental function into the Commander that can listen to a generated test vibration via the microphone and attempt to automatically tune this for any amp / bass transducer.
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    After some more checking, I think this can be done with a Fast Fourier Transform and the proper filters to ignore background noise. The problem is that there is no way for me to interface to the Bass Shaker plugin to adjust the Hz and volume settings in it. I can only adjust the overall volume of the sound card and use a fixed min and max Hz in the plugin. Since the goal is to arrive at a mechanism that feels similar regardless of amp and bass transducer, I am not sure if this will be sufficient. More testing is needed and volunteers who have a microphone and bass shaker would be needed to report their results. Given past group efforts here, I'm guessing that won't be happening :)
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone know if the Bass Shaker plugin is buffering? It seems like it is on some kind of buffer and sometimes the sounds are delayed. I'm not sure if it is related, but after a time of testing with it, iRacing starts to studder.
  10. mpich

mpich New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nima, Great work! Quick question: if I want to use xSim for both the Bass shaker AND Fanatec wheel, do I need a profile that incorporates both. Right now I have both Bass SHaker and Fanatec checked in the Force Profiler, and am using your very nice profile for the Bass Shaker. Seems to work, but do you have a profile that incoporates both the Bass Shaker and the Fanatec wheel?

Also, I got a Out of memory error on xsim, and it shut down in the middle of racing. I am using the White Paper version of xsim, but on the same PC as iRacing. I would like to avoid a second PC if possible.

Keep up the great work!

Mike
  11. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tanks,i Not have iracing in the Moment.but the fanatec Profil is Not long you can Wride it fast in the bassshaker Profil.but the iracing Force Feedback is Fine .