1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

pivot for simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by christianr3, Feb 25, 2012.

1. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    :hi: hello my name is christian, I'm making a simulator, this is the pivot that would like to use, but am not sure that is right, I could help with this issue, Greetings

Attached Files:

2. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Hi Christian, if you will work with that pivot, just add two tensors to not rotate.
    An image of my simulator:

[​IMG]

Regards
  3. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    hola estanislabo, gracias por la respuesta, veo que tu usas ese sistema de rotula, pero veo que tienes 2 barras para que no tenga rotacion, el problema es que mi armazon no tiene espacio para esas barras, existe otro sistema que no necesite esas barras?

traduccion :

estanislabo hello, thanks for the reply, I see that you are using this system of labels, but I see you have 2 sticks to have no rotation, the problem is that my frame has no room for these bars, there is another system that does not need these bars ?
  4. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    crees que esta base de goma sirva sin las barras? :?

traduccion:

think this serves gum base without the bars? :?

Attached Files:

• base.jpg
      base.jpg
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  5. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    el usuario bsft me recomendo abrir un topico sobre el tema, el me esta ayudando tambien a desarrollar mi simulador :clap:

traduccion:

BSFT user recommended me to open a topic on the subject, also helping me develop my simulator :clap:
  6. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    de esta manera lo estoy construyendo y tengo poco espacio :no:

traduccion:

so I'm building and I have little space :no:

Attached Files:

7. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ah, entiendo, entonces necesitás una cruceta, con esto eliminas los tensores ... algo así:
    [​IMG]
    Podés usar alguna cruceta de dirección de auto ...
    Saludos
    De que parte sos ?

Ah, I understand, then you need a spider to eliminate this tensor ... something like this:

You can use a self address cross ...
    Regards
    Where are you from ?
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been looking for a swivel mount like the one pictured, where did you find that?
    I am using a cut down tailshaft, but would prefer a uni joint setup like that.
    Cheers, David.
  9. tahustvedt

tahustvedt Member

Balance:
    62Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    There are lots for sale on Ebay if you search for uni joint.
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks, I did a search, I can buy a second hand tail shaft cheaper and then I just have to cut it down.
  11. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bsft - I bought one from KC Farm equipment. Not sure if they are only a brisbane company or if they have other stores.

but mine cost $90 brand new.. Have a look at it here : stowaways-3dof-project-t3713.html
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, I was hoping for something a bit cheaper, but as it is new, I should expect that sort of price.
    I usually look for a 2nd hand tailshaft and get it for $20-$40, and it has two pivots on it. Just a matter of cutting and welding.
    Anyway, thanks all for the help, now to go back to helping estanislaolopez.
  13. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi BSFT, my English is very bad, I hope you understand me ... steering shaft uni-joint, try to get second hand ...
    Is sufficient to support the seat only

Regards
  14. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    gracias por responde estanislabo, yo soy de venezuela, creo que la mejor solucion es la que recomiendan ustedes, asi mi silla no tendra rotacion , voy a buscar en mi pais una pieza de segunda mano :thbup:

traduccion :

thanks for responding estanislabo, I'm from Venezuela, I think the best solution is what you recommend, so rotation will not have my chair, I'll look in my country a piece of second hand :thbup:
  15. leandro37

leandro37 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That’s a car tailshaft, I used one of those, I just cut down each end and welded a plate on. Mine was, however, a total height of 150mm, which may mean a re-design of the frame in question. I found a second hand tailshaft at a wrecking yard for $20.

[​IMG]
    Its no longer on this sim, but I am still using the same pivot.