1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Bass shaker starting points?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by InfinitR, Jan 8, 2011.

1. InfinitR

InfinitR New Member

Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I'm looking for ways to use bass shakers with x-sim. Any good starting points? Thanks.
  2. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Buttkicker controller?

hi,
    you dont must have a interface x-sim have a bassshaker plugin and give you the
    effects out of the soundcard and you can use volume and frequence with gamedata
    you must have a second soundcard in your gamepc or better a second pc.
  3. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    HI Nima,

Can you explain why a second soundcard is required when using the BassShaker Plugin?
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    In a typical ButtKicker scenario, the signal source for the vibration is the audio from the game.

X-Sim makes its own outputs to the ButtKicker based on motion data so it needs a second card AFAIK. You wouldn't want to be hearing these outputs.
  5. Papifix

Papifix Member SimAxe Beta Tester

im Ruhestand
    Balance:
    562Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But, if I work with 2 PC over network and each have a soundcard or onboardsound ?
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Haven't tried this on multiple PC's yet, but I think that the sender from the gaming PC would send the motion data to the profier on the second PC. THe profiler on the second PC would have its own sound card and the BassShaker plugin enabled. This pl;ugin on the second PC would output to the soundcard on the second PC which would be connected to your buttkicker.
  7. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's my setup. 2nd PC for motion calculation and also for bass shaker function.
  8. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the replies, do you think I could run the Basshaker profiles via my onboard audio and my game sounds from my X-Fi on the one PC or would it work better buying a second sound card?
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I didn't try this myself, but I have been told by someone else who is no longer able to participate here that the bass-shaker plugin has some performance impact on the PC and that it is probably best to run it on a secondary PC.

That brings me to another question. Has anyone tried the cheap %-$10 USD USB Sound cards with the bass shaker?
  10. OzziV8

OzziV8 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Muzza,

I have been reading a lot learning the Lingo in making profiles ect and hope to contribute my understanding soon. However this post has caught my attention. I have the identical setup, ie: onboard sound and a sound card.

My question is have you been successful with the Bass shakers profile using both sound card and onboard sound.?

Thanks
    Vito
  11. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What is the Midi Plugin?
  12. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I would like to know if you need an Amp to connect the bass shaker to the PC's second soundcard or you can simply plug it like the illustration in the profiler:

Bass Shaker profiler pic.png

Thx!

Bleco
  13. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I think if the unit has a power jack of its own then it will not need an amp.
  14. Skavage

Skavage New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My $40 usb soundcard works. There is a really nice guide for using X-sim for bass shakers over on the iRacing hardware forums. I'd post it here and give the author credit but I'm not sure if I can upload files here.
  15. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  16. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    hello i run a basshaker in my single desktop pc. I use the inboard cardsound for sound and a second internal pci express sound card.

it works pretty good with no impact on performance in my case . the internal pcie card is worth 10 0r 20 bucks (asus dx). i never tried a external card i may try if i find it somewehere in my drawers.
  17. forza4

forza4 New Member

Balance:
    356Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SimAxe
    Hi!i just ordered a buttkicker gamer 2 and i am a newbie with all this good soft x-sim,sim tool...i am lost and i need some help please!

I have a sound blaster x-fi titanium 7.1 and an integrated sound carte,and an other sound card ASUS Xonar dgx in the box!

What can i do with this please!

I want to feel all road effect,bumper,...etc ,is it possible with this soft?
    THX!
  18. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Not yet with Simtools... but using the sound track is already a very good choice for using your buttkicker :p
  19. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    If using the sound track make sure you fit a crossover/filter (if it does not already have one) to filter out the high frequencies (talking/crowd noise etc).
  20. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    yes, the throne thumper amp has built-in filter: so I supposed gamer2 as well, but it would require to be checked ;-)