1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

C.A.R.S

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by bleco, Jul 19, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will have a whirl on it later.
    Just would like to find some motion
    Maybe if someone has a WORKING version of yoda, I could find the motion and then post the details to go into injector.
  2. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi!
    I am here to show my interest. I am with You and all the fellas that worked hard to build it's own simulators!

I have seen You asking for help few times (Yoda and stuff) without positive or conclusive feedback. I do not want my post to be seem like hater stuff, I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel or one to tell that there is not. Or much better, someone to tell us to have hope that it is comming.

Why can't we be sure if the next game will work with x-simulator? ...not cool!

Come on let's fix it to enjoy our simulators!
    Best regards to you all!
    :highfive:
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have just bought the demo for Euro10 junior member and it lets you do a free run. The graphics are absolutley outragously good. I am going to try run it on dx11. I think it is better than NFS Shift graphics. Anyone have the same opinion.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Graphics will look different between game writers. There will always be a looks better than comments.
    Has someone forgotten about codemasters and the GRID, F1, Dirt 2 and 3 graphics and effects?
    Sorry, only my opinion, but if you think Need for Speed is the stuff, you really need to go to another writer of games. NFS Shift has car engine sounds , that I think are horrid. GRID and GTR evo has better engine sounds. NFS Shift talks about camera views looking from side to side. Sorry, codemasters already covered that years before.
    I am going to load CARS in today, I am sure it will look good for what the writers have produced. At least there may be an easier way of getting motion out of the game, unlike NFS Shift. A rough injector post was made for motion, with no extra help or guidance to assist.
    Not all of us are computer programmers.
  5. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I will test the demo tonight, looks very promising.... :)
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks dude, perhaps you can also test the YODA program in the current x-sim beta, to see if it actually works.
  7. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Build 74 was added yesterday for team members and higher only... (no junior)

Feels great ...

Bsft:
    Yoda can be good for final releases ... but not very good for a title that is being updated at least 1 time per week. You could need to update your yoda values after every single major game updates ...

Raceway:
    At 10% completed stage, it is definitely promising! you will spend some time on the wheel setting ... once you get it right, it feels good but they are still working on that ... Tell me if I can help with anything on a plugin creation for this title, it as been mentionned several times, maybe we could start with Dirt2 plugin and see what we can do ? DBOX .dll file is on C:\Program Files (x86)\WMD\CARS\dbxLive32.dll. I am not a programmer but I am sure I can help ...

Bleco
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Bleco, if yoda was working properly in the first place, I would not be bugging about it.

If dbox plugin works , then give it a whirl. I must admit, i will try that plugin with a few other games to see if I can get some action.
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the link, I will look into that. Still, why advertise a program if it does not work? That's my question. If it does not work, take it out so people like me do not keep bothering people like yourself.
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @bsft. Seems like you are always up in arms about not having a working Yoda (ON 64-BIT MACHINES), but if you had your wish, you would find out that that isn't what you actually wanted anyway. NO MOTION IS BETTER THAN INACCURATE MOTION. The CheatEngine approach is the best option currently, but IMHO, it is also not a good choice b/c each time they update the app you will be looking for new offsets. The guys at C.A.R.S. are just getting started. I'm sure they will add proper data outputs like iRacing and rFactor. They seem to be positioning the sim at that level presently.
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Bernard and thanks for your comment. I am not stating that CARS will have set motion, I know it will change as the game develops.
    I am learning to use the cheat engine. So I will learn to extract data from that. :cheers:
  13. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Presently ... Graphically it's day and night ... C.A.R.S graphic engine is amazing and make looks iRacing and especially rFactor like real crap!

But the default grip and FFB needs some attention and cannot compete with rF and iR for now... but it will eventually ... 10% completed title ...

What is fantastic is that they included a debug mode accessible while on the car so you can test a lot of settings live. I could get decent force feedback on my Fanatec GT3. Debug mode is accessible by pressing F1 and use the arrows and Backspace keys (use it while on the car so it don't interfere with the menu, bug... ). First thing I did is to set Input/Force Settings/Steering/Method to FBB Force and then start tweaking the values ... It is suppose to cancel ffb effects and they do not feel right when using cars.exe file and I prefer it this way... It seems to feel better when using CARS_FFB.exe with default input settings ...

I think C.A.R.S project cannot fail ... The community is directly involved with the Devs and that's brillant ...

Bleco
  14. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gah! CARS has motion via d-box!
    http://www.d-box.com/en/downloads/gaming/ here is the link for the d-box plug ins. Yet again I will say....can someone see if they can re-write the data for x-sim use. Surely someone can.
  16. Xsev

Xsev New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    after playing (testing) Project Cars some days i have the opinion i need an race seat addon.
    So i found this forum today, i´m just reading since over 6hours now :eek:

I think i will build my own motion seat like yours (2or 3DOF) :thbup:

What means motion via d-box is it bad? Will Cars not be x-sim compatible? It would be a great pity.
    At the moment i think it could be one of the best sims ever. The current build is awesome with ultra detailed cars.

Greetings from Munich
    Xsev
  17. minikase

minikase Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pCARS ist in pre-Alpha phase....so X-Sim Support or similar will come later. dbox is supported since some weeks, because SMS have a dbox-seat in their office.
  18. Xsev

Xsev New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope it will not an exclusive interface only for dbox-seats.
  19. minikase

minikase Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sure not!...Community is the force.....and there will be an open API, that all guys can use for their motion- and speedometersystems.
    <Frage ist nur wann?>
  20. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    :?? I hope you are not really thinking that they open the code for D-Box only because they have a D-Box chair in their office ??

It's all about big $$$ and exclusivity my friend ... :)

And honestly I am pretty sure we are far from having an open API from SMS ... Just read the topics on WMD forum and point me to where you red Ian Bell or other SMS big shots confirming that they will eventually work on this ...

The only single answer I saw from a director was to a private compagny request for telemetry access ... All others stating this are simple members and I really don't know where they saw this info ...

EDIT: Ian Bell actually finally answered to the open API thread 4 days ago!!
    ''We're listening to everyone. Motion control support for specific devices is something we do towards the end stages, when physics are code complete at least. ''

But I don't like the 'specific devices' ...

Anyway ... Looking forward to race CARS with motion!

Bleco