1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    hello my name is christian :hi: and I write from Venezuela, I'm building for thanos avr card, I think a great job on their part, the problem is that in my country do not get the ATMEGA8535-16PU, but if I get the atmega644, I would like to know if I can use the card without changing anything, or should modify any component? the crystal I'm using is 18,432 MHz, if I can help I thank you, my knowledge of electronics are very poor :blush: and I'm making the best effort to understand this project, excuse my English but I am using a google Traslator of :)

Attached Files:

2. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Hi Christian, I live in Argentina and atmega 8535 buy it on ebay, look at this post, there is information on the Atmega 644, I hope you help

post36168.html#p36168

Regards
  3. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    :hi: estanislabo, gracias por responder, el problema es que en mi pais esta prohibido el paypal y por eso no puedo usar ebay :( ,por tal motivo solo puedo comprar el atmega644 que aqui si lo venden, me gustaria preguntarte 2 cosas, veo que me enviastes un archivo del atmega644 con crystal de 22 y 24 mhz, pero mi crystal es de 18 mhz, si cambio el crystal por alguno de los 2 que te comente antes tendria que cambiar otro componente de la tarjeta para que funcione bien? ?...vi las fotos de tu simulador y se ve muy bien! , yo ya pedí mis motores y me llegan en una semana, te agradeceria mucho tu ayuda por que yo estoy muy nuevo en esto y hago lo posible por comprender :)

traslator

:hi: estanislabo, thanks for replying, the problem is that in my country is prohibited from paypal and ebay I can not use it :( , for that reason I can only buy the atmega644 that if they sell it here, I would like to ask 2 things, I see one I enviastes crystal atmega644 file with 22 and 24 mhz, but my crystal is 18 MHz, if I change the crystal by one of the 2 comment before you would have to change another component of the card to work well? ? ... I saw the pictures of your simulator and it looks great! I already asked my engine and I get in a week, I would greatly appreciate your help because I am very new at this and do my best to understand :)
  4. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    estos son los que venden en mi pais....
    .-Microcontrolador Atmel Avr Atmega 644 -10pu Liq12
    .-Microcontrolador Atmel Avr Atmega8515 -16pc Liq12

crees alguno de estos me pueda servir? :?

traslator

these are the ones sold in my country ....
    - Microcontroller Atmel Avr Atmega644-10PU Liq12
    - Microcontroller Atmel Avr ATMEGA8515-16PC Liq12

I think some of these can serve? :?
  5. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    some help please? :(
  6. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Hi Christian, to use the crystals of 22 MHz or more will have to change the capacitors of 18 pf (in the list of materials makes clear), with respect to the microprocessor can not tell you if the 644 will work, my experience is reduced to 8535 .. . if there is no possibility of getting another one I would try with atmega644 ... but, patience, someone will answer your questions on the forum ... I take many months to build my simulator :D
    Regards
  7. christianr3

christianr3 Member

Balance:
    531Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    thanks for replying, I am working to get the ATMEGA8535-16PU, it is very difficult, if you know another website that you can buy to send to my country I thank you, good to keep fighting, thanks for your help
  8. AutoRun

AutoRun New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In programming microcontrollers I am beginner, so could you send me your version of the code (in C or assembler, not hex file), and I would have wrote based on that my program. Thank you in advance.
    nikanoor1440@rambler.ru
  9. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You should only use 16MHz and up processors, therefore if only the ATMEGA8535-16PU is available to you, use it, but only with 18.xx MHz crystal with matching caps, and firmware.
  10. Wamk9

Wamk9 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, by chance how to use this circuit for a Force Feedback wheel diy? Need a change?

Sorry for my bad English
  11. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi forum!
    Quick question, does anyone have a diagram on how to connect a pot to dim the lcd ?
    I bought a blue lcd and its hard to tell the characters.
    Also what value should the pot be?

Once again thank you for your time!
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See this thread: amc1-5-connection-problem-t1440.html#p13837

The potentiometer can be 10K up to 100K...

Thanos

13. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the link!
    I have follow your work for few moths now, gather all parts and finally assemble the AVR and got it to Power up. downloaded the firmware CRYSTAL18.HEX . I also ordered the Blue screen LCD and at angle can see he character just great, but looking at it straight looks like characters are in black boxes.

Will try the pot as soon as I get the pot!
  14. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got the miniture 10k pot! Works great!!!
    Here are some pictures of my board.
    Yup I messed up on the programing led. I installed a green instead of red!
    Also might be worth to new members thta when communicatlng with pony prong software i also got a error-24 .... After checking and changing crystals I notice the crystal was loose on the terminals I welded, re-seated same crystal and tried it again and this time it worked fine!

Hummm, how do i upload a pictiure here?
  15. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here are pictures of the board and LCD running!
    Now attack the H-bridge.
    Tronic, Can we use MD03 with the AVR?
    I have played with Picaxe and MD03 and not just I2C for control, used analog and even Servo signals to control wheel chair motors both direction and speed. With a picaxe as controller for the MD03 reading serial data out of the X-sim uso and for feedback used 10k pots connected to motor and picaxe . internally compares this values and tells the MD03 what direction and speed to move either pwm ,I2c, analog, or servo, also performs soft brake or hard braking. motor its a 24 volt, 350watts.

All was for testing, here is a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsmLxHIm4c
    this is full speed back and forth
    there are other videos here too.. One where I hardwired the pot from the steering wheel and attached it to the picaxe to control the position of the motor. WELL NOW WE HAVE X-sim !!!!!!!!

Compare to Mr. Ian's controller, I tried to make it software independent.
    I believe Mr.Ian used I2C to control multiple MD03's with the same data line.

That's was Great!
    Got divorced, yup Evil Woman thru-out most of my electronics, pc's and all I have left it the videos on youtube , and a new start. :D

Hope to hear from you guys soon! cheers!

Attached Files:

16. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    on the H-Bridge description it says this:
    In the downloads section of this page, there is a Bill of Materials (BOM) list that can be used at mouser.com

I cant find the BOM, unless its just the list of parts in PDF format?
  17. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    stowaway, the PDF file can be added to the BOM you have to create on the website.
    in other words the PDF its a part list, not the BOM itself.
    Also some websites will accept the PDF by itself. you should check with the website first.
    Got my parts out of mouser.com
  18. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It says this:

- File must be xls, xlsx, or csv format.
    - File must be under 4 megabytes in size.

you can not upload PDF to Mouser.com according to this? Is it downloadable in that format anywhere?
  19. av8tr

av8tr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Just wondering if I can purchase all the pre-etched boards for the Thanos project from anyone.
    I've tried making my own in the past and never had much luck.

av8tr
  20. av8tr

av8tr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to purchase the board sets for project. I've tried to produce
    my own boards in the past and never had much luck, plus the fact that
    it would expedite the process.

av8tr
    av8tr@symaptico.ca