1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

can a 230mm/sec actuator be fast enough for simulators?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by simuman, Dec 28, 2011.

1. simuman

simuman New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

i found this video on youtube (he is claiming a speed of only 50mm/sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNXpGW9 ... re=related

It looks to be fairly fast and comparable to some wiper motor setups i see here.

My question is: Will 230mm/sec suffice? I might have found a good one for a fair price going at around that speed.

Simu
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    most wiper motors will susally run about 50-80mm per second depending on load against the motor, so anything about 100mm per second, you would be on a roll.
  3. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i drive with scn6 200mm/sec and its works fine.the ask is how many speed hi make under load.a scn5 make with 0 load 400mm with 1,5 kg load hi make only 200mm
    and with 7kg only 50mm.the scn6 make with 0-5kg 200mm.how many load can move
    the accuator were you have find?
  4. simuman

simuman New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks Nima,

i'll have to get more info on them.

Ive seen your videos on youtube. They do indeed look good enough. Although they appear to have more than 2 actuators running them. How many actuators are you using?

particulalry this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IccaTPQm ... EM2-Cl-Rcm is this running at 200mm/sec max speed?
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There probably would not be a motor available that acts like an actuator. They are two completely different operating devices.
  6. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    this video is with 4 scn5 400 mm/s
  7. simuman

simuman New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes that makes sense. Do you have a video of the one running at max 200mm/sec?
  8. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no not in the moment