1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Build an Good rFactor Profile for SCN5's In Just 10 minutes

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by bvillersjr, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This site is dedicated to the support of X-Sim as I understand it.

I was only marginally welcome here when my software was 100% X-Sim based :)

In the next few days I'll workup some information about what Sim Commander 3 is and what it is not and post it on my website and on MotionSimCentral.com.

MotionSimCentral.com is a smaller, but also free community for the discussion of motion simulators, but it does not exist soley for the support of any one product and is also open to discussion from commercial sim builders. Since commercial sim builders are not really welcome here at this site, I feel it is a better place for discussions like this one.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It would be interesting though to get an idea of how many people are using SCN5 actuators without an SX-3000 and wiring it all manually. Throughout the years, I don't think I've seen more than a small handful (maybe 5 or 10) posted here on X-Sim.
  3. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ... I do :hi:

Bleco
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Bernard, I must first say that I am mindless forklift driver whom has had to rely on my on wits and the expertise of others in building the simulators I have. I am NOT planning a commercial business in simulators.
    The farthest I am planning is building two sims and hiring them out to kids parties.
    I understand your position here on the forum and the work you have done.
    Yes I can see that no other real expansion of the software has been done for a while now, with the exception of small updates to suit plug ins and some control boards.
    I am not knocking your product. It is a good product, and I considered it at the beginning, but did not have the financial outlay , hence staying with wiper motors.
    Yes I know Sirnoname is the owner of this software and you have shared in its original expansion. It would seem though that you are attempting to make this commercially viable for yourself, whilst others offer the information and programming for free.
    I use the JRK for simplicity. The tronic card was also a flop as I could not find the suitable parts.
    it is not your tree I am barking up at, but everyones.
    If my complaining is too much then I apologise. I am miffed that there seems to be a LONG list of members here whom have programming experience that offer help to expand the software, and then get pushed aside.
    There seems to be an underlying issue with software use elsewhere outside of x-sim. This maybe why there is no more expansion of the program. I may be and hope to be wrong on this.
  5. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Berney,

I fully agree with all you wrote down here !

Concerning your question: Yes, I'm also using SCN5 100mm wired by myself (but I'm thinking about updating to SCN5 150mm with your SimXperience Box, if this would be the only way to use a new, actual and well working control-software for my motion sim).

It would be great if the new Commander would also be available for Non-SimXperience-Motion-Simulator-Customers (cool word *fg*) for download or as a commercial product (xyz bucks).

See ya + cheers,
    Chris
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback Chris/Bleco.

So far, we're up to two SCN5 actuator users that are not using the SX-3000/SX-4000, and I recall at least two others.

I'm glad to hear that you might be willing to upgrade to an SX-3000. In this post, I detailed some of the problems with trying to make a software be all things to all people: http://www.simxperience.com/Support/For ... fault.aspx

No official decision has been made yet, as I am awaiting additional feedback, but at the moment, it seems likely that we will offer some kind of a tade-up discount to SX-3000's for the small number of users affected.
  7. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ... I can't beleive there are no other members using scn5-6 with custom wiring ??

Bleco
  8. pitstopp

pitstopp Active Member

Balance:
    634Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    I have a custom wiring too bcause I bought the parts before the SimXperience Shop was founded!

Following these Thread for a time, I fully agree to Bernard and the described Problems and the conclusion you made!

I´m not unhappy with the X-Sim Motion quality but it would be great if there is an Profiler which is easier to handle.

So I´m willing to upgrade too!
    My Sim Setup measures are equal to your Stage II-III

Regards
    Kai
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thx for replying!

... 1 more please !! :hi:

Bleco
  10. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    isnt simxperience just xsim reskined ???
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More than likely, just plagiarized I'd guess.......
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm guessing you haven't seen or used it because your guess isn't a very good one :)

Do you think I built the Commander 2 and 3 because there was no need :rofl: Of course not, it was built out of necessity. There were a variety of user communicated needs that needed to be met.

Commander 2 was designed to enhance X-Sim and added alot of user requested features.

Commander 3 (the subject of these last handful of posts despite my efforts to redirect this conversation elsewhere) is in private Alpha testing. That means you haven't seen it yet and your already making claims of plagiarism and calling it a reskinned X-Sim :tape:

I assure you it has been rethought from the ground up based on years of feedback such as the feedback from forum threads like this one where end users communicate the difficulties they have and we bounce around ideas around to see what solutions are most useful.

Not exactly sure why the animosity (predawn conculsions based on 0% fact) here... maybe because I'm not interested in building software for wiper based sims?
  13. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.