1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Operation PlugFree

Discussion in 'Force-Sender & Plugins' started by Hobbs77, Jul 6, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed Masteryoda.... :D
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    here here Masteryoda,

Without Martin we all wouldnt be here or proberly never had the chance to afford a motion sim in our lifetime.
    Im here to share and help and spread the kind word on.
    Some of the creations born from Martins baby(X-Sim) just blow me away.
    Just cross my fingers its developed further when needed by a community effort so it stays a leader in sim motion.
    Video of Plugfree looks very promising more great work that needs respect.

Again Martin thanks :cheers:
  3. gsffair

gsffair New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

What I think about the whole situation is that MAYBE, after all the problems the community had developing the documentation, we had learned some useful lessons... Maybe we could give one more shot, try to organize ourself again and try to advance...

I'm willing to help in whatever way my time will allow me.

We could form a group of 10 or 12 people and then set subgroups to work together... I really think most of us users, are more mature than we was back then...

One of the things that I think was the main problem was the multi language demand. Maybe if we could write the docs in english and german, we could solve the problem of 95% of the users with 30% of the effort. Just an idea.
  4. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I'm in... if this happen I will put it on top of my to do agenda.
    In fact we found time to make our own simulator so we have to find time to help x-simulator's crew.
    :highfive:
  5. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am in too, after learning the x-sim basics the hard way. But I only know 50% of its power....
  6. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in too, if you want some help!
  7. gsffair

gsffair New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    are you considering this Sirnoname?
  8. el_txus

el_txus Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello I read the post.

It is true that I have time outside the community. but I'm back
    I offer myself to translate into Spanish what you need.

Best Regards
  9. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Sirnoname

Could you please update us on what exactly is still needed to complete the documents? Maybe reopen the old topic with the missing requirements ?

Are you open to give it another try or plugfree is something to forget ?

Regards,

Bleco
  10. el_txus

el_txus Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Now I'm working on translating the document into Spanish AMC_DSMhb Manual, is there more than documents that are finished like this?

Best Regards
  11. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware New Member

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,

From EC Sim Hardware we also want to translate to sirnoname that we can work in the translation of some English - Spanish documents.

We need contribute to keep this software going up and alive.

Thank you soo much.

Best regards.
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Time to flog a dead horse here.....
    As for Manuals written, its seems no matter how they are written, there will always be someone asking for help.
    I know that I have trouble understanding documentation and it can be simpler for me to ask for answer to a problem, despite it being written in a manual.
    Thats just a lack of understanding on my part though, nothing to do with the document writer.
  13. el_txus

el_txus Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have translated the first part of thanos document which talks about the AVR I need to translate the h-bridge. but now it's time for my work. I hope to soon have some free time.

Best regards
  14. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello everybody!
    here is the link to the X-Sim Manual Motion Profile Universal I wrote as an effort to help SirNoName and the comunity to have the wanted documentation.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 0hZIFg7BYk

Thanks Nima, Raceray, ledfoot, Papifix for helping understand motion profiles.
    Thanks tronicgr for the very good work and sharing AMC and HBridge boards.
    ...and special thanks to SirNoName for this great software.

best regards to all,
    rafael.
  15. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello Rafael,

First thank you very much for your contribution efforts, it is greatly appreciated.

I quickly reviewed your manual and I think some specifications should be added and/or reviewed.

- I think you should not mention Wiper motors in areas where information can be applied to any type of actuators.

- The first output com settings does not apply to scn5-6 actuators, it should be specified.

- Lateral and roll effects must be inverted the same way and Local velocity X must be inverted the opposite way as lateral and roll. I suggest you to create a simple excel sheet with check marks showing main titles axis inversion settings for specific effects instead of saying to invert if it doesn't feel right. From what I can quickly remember only a couple effects should be inverted on both axis depending on the game like RPM, speed, pitch, longitural ... As an option we could provide creation template profiles for specific games that could be linked to your manual that could include all main effects ready to capture in game data. I think this could be a great addition for new users.

- Maybe you should add for all different main titles what value is represented for 1G. ex: rFactor 1000000 = 1G

- It is essential to set a percent scaler at the end of a profile math table to protect the actuators from excessive range mouvements. Ex: Percent scaler 75% at the bottom line of the math table or 25% limiter in scn5 plugin options for scn5 users.

- in your SECOND STEP: SET RANGE PARAMETER section, you are mentionning 9000000 as a correct maximum value for lateral force in rFactor which represents 9G and 800000 max value for iRacing which represent 8G ... These values are impossible to achieve in any type of racing car.

- In your ACCELERATION (LONGITUDINAL FORCE) section, your screenshot is representing a fictionnal 10G braking force (text) but actually shows 20G in the application box.

There might be other things other members will notice but this is a good
    start ... keep the good work!

Bleco
  16. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello Bleco!
    Thank you for your comments.

well, if you take a look there is only one page about wiper motors configuration (yes I forgot to specify that this one was for wiper motors only). The idea here is to add another quick-one-page guide for scn5 actuators as well. It would be ADD AXIS FOR YOUR 2DOF AND SETUP OUTPUT - SCN5 ACTUATORS. But this is only an idea I had because I do not own scn5's. What do you think, maybe you or else could help me with that?

I almost can visualize what you are saying...could you make one sketch of that for us? Than I make it nice.

This manual is not meant to be only for rFactor. I specified that rFactor is used only as instance. I personally do not take it into account when tweaking profiles (I take it as generic units). But it is not bad idea at all...

Yes totally agreed. In fact right after I post this manual I realized that this was missing. Will be done...

You remember when I said above that I take it as generic units? Well, for me It do not act as 9G... Here this values works as a charm! That's why I recomend to test every effect individually...But let's hear opinions...

Yes I wrote 10G and set the value to be 20.000.000 that is because in real life 10G can not be achieved when braking, but for me 10.000.000 (you wold call it 10G) is less than it takes to be out of brake range.

I really enjoyed your comments and we can keep discussing it. This way soon we will have one X-Sim Universal Profiles Manual well done.

regards,
    rafael.
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have just finished a document to be submitted, but I need permission to upload it to wiki docs.
  18. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Maybe you should post a link to your document here...
  19. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey Rafael,

I have to leave for a couple of hours but will maybe have some free time later tonight or I will take some tomorow to discuss about this.

Bleco
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its a 4mb document and the current attach file section does not allow files that big.