1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

F1 2010, X-Sim funny bug

Discussion in 'Archived information' started by aikuo60, Jul 19, 2011.

1. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's the first time i saw this bug

I have F1 2010 box version and i change the good line in hardware_settings_config (in my documents/my games/...

<motion enabled=true ip=127.0.0.1 port=20777 delay=1 extradata=1 />

i use a online profile for F1 2010 i start X-Sim profiler, sender choose DIRT2 plugin... and nothing, there is no nothing my simulator doesn't move.

and when i verify the file hardware_settings_config, the line has change like this:

<motion enabled=true ip=127.0.0.1 port=4377 delay=1 extradata=0 />

I replace several time (and save) with the good line in hardware_settings_config and several time my hardware_settings_config change, and my simulator never works with F1 2010.

Someone have a idea with this bug??
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Afair it is due to the autosave function within the game. Try to disable autosave ingame, then change the config file, then enable autosave again.

regards
  3. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    How did you open the config file ? (software used). I used wordpad , do the changes and then save

bye
  4. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

If you really are changing the config file under My documents and not under the game folder then make sure it's not set to read only in F1 2010 root folder properties ...

Is your computer account part of local administrators group?

Are you using Vista or Win7 ? Did you disabled user account control security ?

If the file is not saving your changes then you probably have a security issue ...

Bleco
  5. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well done!! It was the autosave function. Greatttt!! Thanks to all for the differents solutions!!
  6. ronirock

ronirock New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good morning to you all, i would like to apologize about my english, i'm writting from South America. Sorry if i'm not in the correct forum but i would like to know if codemasters F1 2011 for PC is a x-sim supported game. Thank you very much in advance.

Ronald C.
  7. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    oh yes it is and works fine. in 3 screens also . try to open a new topic we are in someone else topic . (F1 2011 is still a little buggy right now though.)

bye , good luck