1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FrexGP oder SimXperience???

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by macgyver333blau, Jul 10, 2011.

1. macgyver333blau

macgyver333blau New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo,

Bin neu hier und bräuchte mal Hilfe....

Ich kann mich nicht entscheiden zwischen einem System von FrexGP und SimXperience. Welches System ist besser und wo sind die Unterschiede bzw. die Vor- und Nachteile.

Danke
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Das FrexGP ist eine turn-key Lösung. Auspacken, anschalten, und los gehts. Allerdings hat es den Nachteil, dass man ggf auf updates für neue Games warten muss, die Bewegungsprofile nicht die Qualität von X-Sim Profilen erreichen, der Kundensupport zu wünschen übrig lässt (zumindest der Meinung der Frex Kunden hier im Forum nach), und dass es im Vergleich zum Selbstbau recht teuer ist.

Die SimXperience Variante ist, je nach Ausbaustufe, etwas günstiger, man bekommt 150mm Aktuatoren, im Vergleich zu den 100mm SCN5 die mit dem Frex kommen, der Support soll sehr gut sein, und die Bewegungsprofile sind, da X-Sim verwendet wird, wesentlich professioneller.
    Um das volle Potential von X-Sim auszuschöpfen, muss man sich mit dem Profiler auseinandersetzen, was im Vergleich zu dem vorkonfigurierten Frex etwas komplizierter ist. Aber wenn man sich die Meinungen der ehemaligen Frex Nutzer hier im Forum anschaut, die ihr Frex zu X-Sim konvertiert haben, ist das Resultat anscheinend die Mühe wert.
    SimXperience bietet zwar, soweit mir bekannt ist, mit dem Commander für viele Spiele vorgefertigte Bewegungsprofile, aber meiner Erfahrung nach geht nichts über ein selbst erstelltes Profil, da die optimalen Einstellungen von Fahrergewicht, Konstruktion und persönlichen Präferrenzen abhängen.

Jetzt liegt es an dir, ob du was unkompliziertes haben willst, oder eine qualitativ bessere Lösung, die ggf etwas Einarbeitungszeit benötigt, dafür aber auch billiger ist.

Für Leute die nicht gerade zwei linke Hände haben, aber mit der Elektronik Schwierigkeiten haben, ist m.E das Basispaket von SimXperience ein guter Kompromiss zwischen Kosten und Aufwand.

Gruss
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Stimmt, solange man mit den vorgefertigten Profilen zufrieden ist.
  4. badbouey

badbouey New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian and everydoby,
    I'm living in Paris France and I bought last year the cockpit Frex, as the warranty will take end, I would like to move Frex to Xsim for many reasons, I will follow the procedure from here post10476.html#p10476
    and my last request is for the cables, I know you made them, and I would like to know if you have the possibility to make the cables for me, of course I'm happy to pay you.
    Best Regards,
    Antony
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    You can always make profiles in X-Sim and import them into the Commander. You can also import any profile that exists in these forums and others. So in short, the Commander makes it easier without sacrifice because you have the same profile options available whether you are or are not using the Commander software.

Its initial purpose was to help new users be able to use their sim quickly and eventually graduate to making profiles in X-Sim directly.
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    No, I dont make cables anymore. However, once your Frex warranty run out, you could simply cut off the Frex connectors, and re-wire the cables directly to the USB-RS232 adapters, like many others did already.
    Btw, its kind of impolite to highjack other people's threads.
  7. macgyver333blau

macgyver333blau New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vielen Dank für die Infos. Also werde ich mich wohl für SimXperience entscheiden. Habt Ihr die ganzen Teile in USA bestellt oder gibts (außer hier im Forum) in Deutschland einen Händler bzw. Marktplatz.

Weiß jemand zufällig was noch für Kosten auf mich zukommen bzgl. Zoll/Steuern/Versand??? also Höhe insgesamt?

Gruß