1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Operation PlugFree

Discussion in 'Force-Sender & Plugins' started by Hobbs77, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    It's been awhile since we first heard about operation plug free and was wondering about any progress to report and when we might be able to use this new tool. :yes: :)
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this is a fictional program......something like proper help for the Yoda program, instead of read the manual.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks for that.
    :cheers:
  4. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    The inner circle why doesn't that surprise me, well thanks anyways for taking the time to post your answer.
  5. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Sirnoname if I'm understanding you right , the inner circle uses the software to make plugins for games like shift 2 but then doesn't share them with the community? If that's right then I'm glad modders of racing games aren't the same!
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    No, you are not right! . What Sirnoname said means that there are only a few people who use the project plugfree for developing purposes.
    At that moment it is not useful to create and publish any created profiles as there is no universal documentation about the whole system. Without it no one would understand how to use project plugfree and actually there are not enough ressources to give support for it. So, project plugfree will only be released to the public when more ressources are free and more people able to help the community.
  7. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks Raceray but I'm still confused about the whole thing.
  8. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It is very simple Hobbs.

Plugfree is not released because sirnoname doesn't accept documentation from out of the inner circle. Since Plugfree is not available to us, only to this inner circle, there is no chance for the community to help and contribute.

ps. I have read a manual for Plugfree that was posted on this forum quiet some time ago... I wonder what was wrong with it...
  9. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Your wording is hard for me to understand, that's why I said if I understand you right. Sorry for any misinterpretations, was not trying to be rude. Just trying to understand what happen to the project. Please except my sincerest apologies and thank you. Mark
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I offered many times to write these manuals and that offer was rejected. The goal was never to get proper manuals, or that offer would have been accepted. Soon we will all see what the real hidden agenda is.

Also, I did not write the manuals weeks before a request. The request was made for docs, then I attended a meeting on Skype where PlugFree was presented. I THEN wrote the manuals and during that process I objected to writting them against the beta. I was told to write them against the beta anyway so the project could be released.

This is all a big farce for some other agenda.
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    LOL. Yea, of course I did, AFTER you said that X-SIm would no longer be developed, and posted on the home page that I was leaving to write my own software before I ever even had the idea to do so. Like I said, there is a hidden agenda here on behalf of the inner circle.
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    To me, no updates and no bug fixes for the next years means simply that progress is stopped. I too have the record of the conversations as screenshots but I see no sense in this debate. You know what you said and why you said it. It doesn't really matter for me anymore.

I don't understand what this means: However, it is a fail and wrong time investment but get your ball rolling, I wish you much luck.

It would be nice to see an active / contributing community again. At this point, this website is 80% X-Sim technical support. The same questions are asked over and over, but no changes have been made in the software to make it more clear since late 2009. The answer is not a better manual. The answer is a more intuitive software.

It's an interesting question: What happens when 80% of the posts stop existing because the software is self explanatory?
  13. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What exactly is missing to complete the manuals ?

Will you post the details again? or where is the main topic ?

Bleco
  14. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if i well understand, the project PlugFree will never be release for the community... it's like a death birth project :D it's too bad!
  15. sim tours racing

sim tours racing New Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,

I can not understand some things, how the community can assist in the development if complete information is not shared? I have the French version of the document to use the new force sender but not the software ...

Sirnoname without the software it is not possible to help in anything, one must pass a job interview to enter the inner circle?

Where is the new development agenda no trace on the forum, and Bernard is right ergonomics of the current public version generates a lot of questions when we could help the new beta, other communities have no retention of information.

If XSIM can be used with the new games the community will turn to other solutions which would be a shame.

Sirnoname your work is truly amazing, it's a great piece of software but we people of the community are set aside.

Regards

PS : i have wings of prey, rise of flight, and i very interest to help you with plugin plugfree.
  16. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but this kind of answer won't help you finding some members to invest their personnal free time to complete your project ... I understand you must be tired of looking for help but please be patient and don't cancel this project ...

You are probably refering to this topic which was closed by you by the way ...
    the-big-document-and-quick-guide-thread-t2982.html

Is this information still up to date? ;

Quick guide Overview of available DIY simulators: sirnoname (done and placed on the main page)
    Quick guide How to make profiles for SCN5/wipper engine based 2DOF simulator with rFactor: nima, papifix (done in german, missing special word translations, not well translated to english!)
    Quick guide How to make profiles for SCN5/wipper engine based 2DOF simulator universal in english: none (release date unknown)
    Quick guide Start with X-Sim, Setup of plugins and setup of the profiler in english: none (release date unknown)
    Rewritten and double checked version of Thanos DIY interface + H-Bridge all in one Instruction: fermevc (done!)
    Rewrite / correct current X-Sim manual with better english language: none (release date: unknown)
    Write and create x-sim league documents with easy all in one rFactor patch installer: none (release date: unknown)

Translators (will be set if there is one document):
    French: missing
    Italian: missing
    German: missing
    English: searching translators for the profile document that was posted here.

I don't think I have the knowledge to help develloping new manuals but I can certainly help with translations to french ...

Your template was downloaded 163 times! No one as provided you something good enouph to use??

Thx!

Bleco
  17. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    sim tours racing you need to read the site, get some patience. No one here is getting paid. Now if you pay me I will help you,,,,,,and if you have a better solution, Peace! this is the best crack on the market..
  18. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could help with the traduction in French :hi: because my english is very poor!! :brows:
  19. dexteria01

dexteria01 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I offered to help translate Nimas document but at the time I only got partway through due to my lack of knowlege of the software and unplanned work loads that I had at the time.

The thread was then also closed (due to frustrations, I understand) and I did not look at it any further. I now have some knowlege and can pick up on this document agian is the thread is re-opened or a new one created.

Thanks

Mark
  20. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Guys,

My experience with this sort of discussion is that it might not have a happy ending. :eek:

I would call your attention to understand the fact that the x-Sim software, although open for community use, still belongs to Martin and it is his decision on which direction it will go.
    We should understand and support him, although this can be somehow frustrating for some of you who want to see changes and improvements (people here can be very creative).

So, lets easy down a bit and try to see this from Martin's perspective. :cheers:

Cheers,

MY