1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

K8055 + Sabertooth + Wiper motors

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by adbgg, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Chris2

Chris2 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I have built my simulator recently with K8055 + Sabertooth + Wiper motors and adbgg made a presentation of it above.

I made it in a couple of Weeks and after reading posts on forums => Many Thanks to all for the informations :thbup:

@ egoexpress : do you really think my simulator is to slow, and are you sure it would improve it a lot by apllying load on shoulders ?
    Even after intesive use, my motors are cold, and they do not need to be cooled by fans.

See this video showing complete view and tell me what you think about it please.

Thank you very much, :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-glJOwCAhMg&feature=player_embedded
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks good, how do you like it?
  3. adbgg

adbgg Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

A new french guy (Nexus_44) has just built his own prototype with K8055 + Sabertooth and wiper motors.

Here is the link to the dailymotion video....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xij0ju ... videogames

Regards

[img600px]http://www.dailymotion.com/thumbnail/160x120/video/xij0ju_essai-simulateur-dirt-2_videogames[/img600px]
  4. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    great job you guys :D
  5. guanfangfang

guanfangfang New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is possible to connect Red+Green and use Brown for other motor connection, but I don't know what that does to these motors. You could try and tell us what happens.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you take a photo of what you are talking about please? And post it.
  7. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Im pretty sure he is talking about the high and low speed connections, and you only need to use the high speed connection. You dont want to go slow, there is no need to hook both.
  8. peruchito

peruchito New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola.Saludos.
    I have a velleman k8055 + a Sabertooth and I have a doubt.
    So that the exit of 5V of sabertooth is not connected to the velleman, entrances A1, A2 and GND with potentiometers?
    This way we will not need a battery 5V for the entrances A1, A2 and GND of velleman it.
    Thanks.
  9. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    The sabertooth 5v works for my k8055 A1,A2 and GND pots however with no pots connected it is 5.1v and with both pots powered it goes down to 4.9v.
  10. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For my system (K8055+Sabertooth+Wiper motors), inputs S1, S2 and 0V are connected respectively to the outputs A1, A2 and GND of the K8055. 5V input is not used. I measured between the output GND/A1 or GND/A2, there was not quite a voltage of 5V
    I connected a supply of 14.5 V to pots B+/B- on the Sabertooth to offset the loss of input voltage.
    So, I get 11V to power the wiper motors.
    you can see my post on my forum that talks about this problem here : http://vos-playseat-stephaned61.xooit.f ... ce.htm#p90 (Sorry it's in French)
  11. peruchito

peruchito New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bravo. Very good.Estephane.!
    I am new and I have some problems.
    The system of the relay to deactivate the motors in case of continuous operation is very good idea.
    But as you drive a O1 exit in the Velleman with software xsim?
    I have visited your page but it does not explain it, or I have not seen it.
    Thank you.
  12. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In [Output setup]: left click on [Add new sequence block].
    Then left click on the line just created to select it.
    Click on [Add new output]. A window opens. In the dropdown menu, select the digital input on the K8055 which activates your relay. (for me, it's [K8055d Nr.0 Digital Output 01]).
    Below, click on [ON(1)] and [Accept selection].

Do this for [sequence to move in positive direction] and [sequence to move in negative direction] in the [slow speed] and [fast speed], for each axis (motor left and motor right)
  13. peruchito

peruchito New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK.thanks!
    You have some configuration or to profiler yours x-sim?
    So far I do not defend much.
    Sorry by the annoyances.
    Thanks.
  14. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Each motion simulator is different and my setup does probably not work for yours. You need to do your own setting.
  15. peruchito

peruchito New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello.
    already that each adjustment is personal for each assembly, but my assembly uses 2 wipers, one velleman K8055 and sabretooth like his.
    As I do not know very clearly the programming of x-sim to profiler, can you gibe me the profiler his like example.
    It could test to learn.
    Thanks and excuse the annoyances.
  16. frviana

frviana New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am finishing building my simulator and my challenge now is understanding and building a game profile.

Do you guys have a profile running with K8055 + Sabertooth for any game you could share?
    I've downloaded many others but they are either for SCN5 or they don't make any use of Reference Input on the output section.

My simulator uses: K8055 + Sabertooth + Logitech G25

Appreciate if someone could share a game profile using K8055 + Sabertooth.
    RFactor preferable but anything will give me some help.

Thanks
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome. What style of simulator do you have with wiper motors? Frex? Joyrider? Seat mover - simforce? I have some profiles for frex and joyrider, but would prefer to know what you have. I am running Pololu JRK's on mine , so the force profiles would be ok, you may need to fiddle with them further though.
    Thanks, David.
  18. frviana

frviana New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I finally managed to get it working yesterday night. My simulator uses 2 wiper motors in the back and are attached to the back of the seat base.

My main problem that I wasn't getting any further was that I had not installed the plug-in on rFactor therefore I wasn't getting any signal from the game and I thought it was my profile that had something wrong with it.

I have a basic profile running now but now that the things is running I can learn how to improve the profile.

Thank you

19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No worries, have fun fiddling with the profile! :cheers:
  20. frviana

frviana New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you guys figured out a good way to avoid the motor to keep spinning if the K8055 is not connected to the PC or the X-SIM is not on yet?