1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN5 - Production stop?

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Fahim, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking if SCN5 were to stop production or even change the design, that it could effect people. I have actuator covers bought from simXperience.com (Bernard) so any change in design of actuator could cause problem if I was ever to have to change the actuators.

Do you think it is a good idea to buy another pair of actuators. Or will they just keep making them the same?

I did sent a email to the company I bought them from but they have not replied.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    As far as the actuator covers go, they are designed for a fairly standard NEMA mounting plate and have extra room at the end to facilitate slightly longer actuators.

Not sure where you bought your actuators from, but definitely not SimXperience. We answer our emails :)

Why would you present the idea that the SCN actuators may suddenly not be available in the future? Or... why would you propose that Dyadic would be so foolish as to discontinue the SCN actuators and replace it with something else that didn't have similar dimensions or mounting brackets. IF they ever did replace the SCN, I'm sure they would be smart enough to capitalize on the fact that 10's of thousands of users already have these installed and may need a simple bolt-on replacement some day.

Your fears are unfounded. I would be happy to offer actuators to you or anyone else that you manage to scare with this post :) but to suggest that sim owners stock up on replacements based on this fear really doesn't make sense. The SCN isn't going anywhere.

Maybe Pololu users should stock up on those too :lol:
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You are thinking right, IF Dyadic was to stop making them. And why would a company change a successful, proven design, that is used in thousands of industrial and production applications? They have been selling them for a very long time. Only to shoot themselves in the leg?

You didn't even mention any of your sources. If you make the effort to start a new topic about an issue and raise worries, please be ready to back up your statements or speculations.
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I bought them from http://www.miraiintertech.com/

I did not even need to mention them as I am just asking a honest question because I want to be playing my simulator until my old age and I did put a question mark at end of the topic subject.
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, there was no question mark at the time I responded.

I don't think you should worry about production stop..
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, unless moderator changed it. I'm sorry in that case if I raise stupid worries.
    I'm still going to save up though for a spare set because their good peace of kit. I've been using them for over 6 months (about 20 hours a week) and so far no degrade in performance.
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Maybe the moderator removed the required n behind the a, and some commas, as well?

This thread keeps showing up on the front page, and implies, with or without question mark, that SCN5 production may have stopped.

To not worry anymore people, this thread is closed now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.