1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Recommend a 32-37 inch monitor, please

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Racer686, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Racer686

Racer686 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,
    I have purchased a Simxperience Stage III this weekend and now my head is spinning, planning for the monitors to use with it. I will run 3 monitors in an Eyefinity setup. I want 32-37 inch 1080p but I read all sorts of negatives about running a tv as a monitor eg tv x doesn't do 4:4:4 chroma via hdmi, therefore the text has a red halo or tv y has too much input lag because it does picture processing , therefore you're 4-5 frames behind what's going on.. Paralysis by analysis as they say. I would like some real world comments from x-simmers who use large tv's as monitors for race sims as to what's a good lcd to get and which to stay away from.

Thanks,

Peter
  2. dexteria01

dexteria01 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the LG 32ld450 has amazing quality and speed, my friend is running one and I myself have been trying to get one but they are all out of stock here. They are really innexpensive (£240) but dont let that fool you.
  3. Racer686

Racer686 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the input. I have read about how good the LD450 is as a computer monitor, but I face the same problem as you, they are gone from the store shelves in Canada too. Two months ago when I started researching monitors, they were on sale, who knew it's be a final sale.

Thanks

Pete