1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

please can someone help me?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by ryisnelly, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am new to this site and i am a little stuck, basically i have two linear actuators and a frame all rigged up, but i am stuck on the electronics side of it, how do i get the linear actuators to work with the computer, i have no idea how to get the two wired up and connected, is there any cheap solutions out there.

if you could help me by providing step by step information on how to do it, i would me most great full.

many thanks
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    What kind of linear actuators are you trying to connect? The answer to your question will vary by actuator.
  3. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its a 12 (HR MODEL) STROKE, LINEAR ACTUATOR.
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Please post a link to it so we can verify the protocol. Without this, it's impossible to suggest a method of communication with X-Sim, or to say if it is possible at all without custom programming.
  5. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    To answer your original question, you would have to build or buy a controller / H-Bridge to get this working with X-Sim. However before you get too far, I don't think these will work for a racing simulator. You never said what your project goal was but given the load handling capacity (and fact that these were designed for moving satellites), I think they are likely to be too slow even for an aircraft or horse and buggy simulator.

Sorry for the bad news.
  7. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    this actuator is very slow and can move only a short time .4 min drive 2 min stop.
    is not posibel for a sim.
  8. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they were just a few bits i was given was hoping they would save me a bit of money, what is the cheapest set up ie linear actuators and controller, ive got all the tools to make the platform but im now stuck on what to buy.
  9. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    say the design were you want build
  10. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i want to build a racing sim. using two linear actuators, i know how i am going to set it out, but i dont know what linear actuators and controllers are recommended, basically i need some sort of step by step of joining the actuators to a computer, does that make sence?
  11. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would like to build a SimforceGT with wiper motor. would you be able to help me please :)
  12. ryisnelly

ryisnelly New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would like to build a SimforceGT with wiper motor. would you be able to help me please :)
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, look through the forum posts in this section diy-motion-simulator-projects-f22.html
    and read, read, read......