1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

triple 50" plasma display 2d or 3d ????

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Deaks, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Deaks

Deaks New Member

Freelance Editor
    Balance:
    388Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After several experiments with a single projector (flat screen and curved screen using NTHUsim) I have come to the conclusion that a single display either screen or projected does not give me the level of immersion that I'm looking for :(

So......I have managed to secure some funding to purchase a triple head graphics card (AMD 6990) and 3 large flat screens.

I had dismissed 3d in the past as I found the early versions just didn't cut it. But after a recent trip to the telly superstore, I looked at the latest Panasonic, LG and Samsung offerings, and must say I was very impressed.

To go 3d rather than 2d will cost me about 25% more, but the outlay is still quite big. I can get 3x 50 Samsung 1080P 3d plasmas for £2300 with 5 year warranty, or if I go the 2d route I can get 3x 47 LG plasmas for £1900.

I will mostly be using rfactor,but am trying to think about the future releases a bit.
    My screen config will be similar to ledfoot's setup with the side screens being angled at approx 60 degrees. I know that the 3d will not work in the peripheral vision, but if you turned your head I believe it would be ok.

I have no experience of gaming in 3d, so could really do with some advice on whether its worth spending the extra cash on or not.
    Either way, I have made my mind up to go for 3 big displays.

As always, I welcome your opinions :D

Deaks
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Take a look arround for a 3D Drivers Software which will support your new screen. Be sure about whole compatibility. Go to IZ3D Forum and look for anyone who use them, did try them with your solution. Maybe Nvidia support them.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some new games support 3d vision, so yes, check with ATI for drivers to support this. Also remember that if you do go 3d graphics, it will work your 6990 HARD!(yes I know it is a dual gpu card) So you may need to reduce graphics settings.
    Overall, I have gamed on a single screen 3d wise. Takes some getting used to but looks great! It would be good to try 3 screens I must admit.
  4. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    just a thought, but I think its acer that has the 3dvision pro 720p 3d projectors,,,,im thinking about going for that or just getting 3 37 lcd 1080p 120hz, better refresh. seems that is a good size, especially for simracing
  5. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
  6. mrpio

mrpio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheap DLP beamers are good because they are good and cheap, but one caveat - no zoom, hence you have to put them all around the place to get a decent-sized triple-screen setup...