1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Hello

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by racerjohnbf, Feb 4, 2011.

1. racerjohnbf

racerjohnbf New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I'm John, I am pretty new to sim racing and loving every minute of it. I found this site while looking for info on building my own steering wheel and pedals. While I am fairly mechanically inclined I do not know much about electronics and find this site very informative.

Right now my plans are to build a cockpit and pedals first, then a shifter, and then to what is probably the hardest part, the steering wheel. Plans right now don't include motion or force feedback, but that may come in the future if I can make everthing else work lol.

Hopefully with help from everyone here I will be able to build something of better quality than my G27 I'm using now and not have to spend a fortune doing it.

Thanks,

John
  2. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  3. racerjohnbf

racerjohnbf New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Fred! I hadn't seen that topic, I will check it out. I haven't decided yet whether I even have the skills for my project lol. I'm planning to build the pedals based on the CST diy pedal guide: http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies ... gory-2.htm and see how that goes before moving any farther. The electronics side I think will be the hardest part for me, but with a little help like this hopefully I will be able to make it happen.

Thanks,

John