1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim +iRacing +setup changes

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by padek78, Jan 27, 2011.

1. padek78

padek78 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new to all of this. I have a question. If I would setup motion simulator using X-Sim and play iRacing would I be able to feel setup changes made to a driven car? I mean (for example):

- I have set up everything just to be able to drive and feel forces
    - I have drive around a track and learn how the car behave.
    - Then I have pit and have made some changes to, let say, springs, bumps and rebounds
    - After changes to setup made I am exiting a pit box and go back to the track

And my question is: would I feel a difference in a forces generated by X-Sim jumping from setup to setup??

Sorry if my question shows that I am a total noob, but I really am that noob. I want that basic understanding what I would get if I was to build my own motion platform, because I am really only keen on driving a car and racing in leagues. I am not interested really in a mechanical side of motion platform. I am not an engineer, I am more racing enthusiast who want only to enhence my driving experience by motion platform. Unfortunatelly considering amount of money which I'd have to have to buy a ready to go simulator I must say that I will have to do it by myself to lower the costs to as little as possible :( .
  2. Deleted member 4666

Deleted member 4666

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the differences would be too small to really feel them.
    Maybe if you change the suspension from 100%-soft to 100%-hard and the car would roll more or less in curves.
  3. padek78

padek78 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @sirnoname
    I am not talking about differences between different cars as I understand that formula 1 car would generate more movements to the motion platform than, let say, normal stock car.

I am talking about difference in motion platform between one setup and an other setup in the same given car.

@buk
    Hmm... I wonder how it all works. So If I changed a car setup I should write a C++ code by myself to the motion profile to conform car setup changes or X-Sim Software would recognize by itself car setup changes and would try to move motion platform in a different way from what it was before car setup changes??
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    If you are making intelligent setup changes, there will not be major differences, but you can at times feel them if your motion profile is extremely accurate for the vehicle. This is as it should be. Setup changes are not significant enough to require a new motion profile though.

If you build your profile to the dimensions posted in the forum posted here titled Building a Proper SCN5 Simulator, you will be able to easily take advantage of the community created profiles for this style of simulator. There does not seem to be much interest in the sharng of motion profiles for other simulator styles yet, but perhaps they will catch on eventually.
  5. padek78

padek78 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On a second thought, maybe I am demanding too much? All in all right now I have only wheel and pedals and driving sitting on a chair and whatever I drive I am still sitting in one place. So I could only switch stand still chair with motion racing seat and could use only one profile for every car I drive. At the end of a day it is all about feel at least some sort of a g-forces am I correct ?
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    No. You are better to have no motion than to have innacurate motion.