1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motorbike Sim project need Srnoname help!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by leandro37, Jan 23, 2011.

1. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I've tried Yoda with sbk but it get only directx FFB value .
    It is impossible to get acceleration and other position of the moto .
    Thanks
  2. leandro37

leandro37 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand, the plug in avaliable on force sender is for SBK08 correct??? If i use SBK 08 i can collect all datas from these game??? Someone try it????? I'm downloading this game for 3 days and not finish yet. Maybe today i will finish and will try install the patch to confirm this information. If work, i will upload and share the link! Its impossible order SBK08, if someone know a store, please share!
  3. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have read the data about the plug ? , not all the datas are available :
    You have the detail on the X-sim manual
    ...\X-sim\Manual\sbk.html.

It is DMA data and not like cheat engine on the code.
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    We talked about a Manual or a Guide, an official technical document that goes on the front page. This type of document takes time, and I will not produce such important document in a hurry and do a half-ass job.

Now you are talking about a FAQ, a simple questions/answers list with some pictures. This, as you said is a straight copy/paste from my posts.

I will be happy to put together such a FAQ page, in return for your assistance/improvement to the USO.

Please contact me in PM to talk about details. :cheers:
  5. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where can I get plugfree , Is someone ready to start a single post to make tuto for it ?
  6. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    I take your discussion to ask for significant help on Xsim profiler.
    the actual manuel don't give any exemple or information about dynamic speed.

I need to better understand the management of analog in Xsim profiler
    how to make a profile with dynamic speed?
    how to make a profile with dynamic speed with the velleman card + Sabertooth card ( there are a post in the forum for this)
    how to make a profile with dynamic speed with analog output H bridre /sabertooth ..... in analog alls card need 0v ....2.5v .....5v
    this card have direction and speed in the same analog signal.
    is possible with dynamic speed?

PM if you want.
    Many people use this mode
    thank you in advance!
  7. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    :lol: I know how to use the USO, I have been guiding others to use it... I doubt this would get me any further.

I need access to the COM ports and receive data in hyperterminal, same time the USO is sending axis information.
  8. Deleted member 4666

Deleted member 4666

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Which is not an Xsim issue I'd say ...
    Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COM_port_redirector Open Source/Freeware at the bottom.

buk
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Ideally, the USO could provide a structure to allow controlers to report information back, most notably error conditions and performance data. At this point, it requires a plugin.
  10. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you buk for the suggestion!

I'm afraid the extra layer of VCP proxy would impact latency, speed and therefore motion quality. How much, I guess depends on the PC.

I'll give it a go, but Bernard is right, a very simple plugin is sufficient to make received packets accessible with no time penalty.
  11. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to disturb this post but I'm newbie with this but :
    Where is bernhards post ?
    What is USO ?
    How can I help ?
  12. Deleted member 4666

Deleted member 4666

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Debugging?

One point I decided to go with the FEZ Panda and the .NET Microframework. You have debugging capabilities through the same USB cable as you send the data, via another (virtual) com-port.
    More I/O ports than the Arduino (or anything else?), enough MHz and a growing community.

And yes, we are pretty OT, so what? :rofl:
  13. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am using the USO with 0-1ms output delay @ 256000 BAUD - which is the fastest I can push it.

The received data will be delayed no matter what but that can be compensated for, without any impact on motion quality.

What should be done with this data? I think it is evident that a well designed interface must communicate back to the PC for critical conditions such as: actuator stall, short circuit, over current, temperature, emergency shut down, limits, etc. Furthermore, data logging of motion characteristics and performance significantly benefits the user, since they can precisely tune any kind of motion simulator and any power/speed actuator.

I remember that Thanos is planning on some of these features into his new controller. I do not need a full plugin like Thanos is going to have, I only need access to the received buffer.
  14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    As far as he told me, the videos were removed from youtube due to music copyright issues.
  15. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    He just made them private AFAIK.

This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.
  16. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    1. There is no delay/response time from the microcontroller (only negligible). RS232 is full-duplex, I can transmit and receive at the same time.

2. The feedback/receive delay can be compensated for if needed. The controller has all of the data anyways, which can be aligned accurately. Only problematic area is to measure the time between game output and the transmitted packet after processing. All other data can be processed in frames, where a frame contains 1 sample of all feedback channels. A pre-determined sample period will take care of alignment.

3. Polled feedback will only stress a poorly programmed and designed controller. Polling is not needed anyways.

There is no point making this more complicated than it has to be.
    I would like to achieve a very simple task here: read the received buffer of a COM port(s) in use by the USO.
  17. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I've read the post and the pdf of Bernard .
    In the pdf he explain how to use Force sender only if you have .fsd file.
    In my case I start from 0.
    I only have a game and a wheel with FFB.
    I try to use Yoda but it give no value.
    I'll make another test tomorrow.

I don't need to interface the game and my platform with X-sim .
    My platform only need to receive acceleration/position the PIC inside make all the calcul for me.
    I only need to find the pointer in the game to make a software that will get data and send it to the PIC.
    Thanks
  18. sdecorme

sdecorme New Member

Devellopper
    Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Did we need to land on the moon? Not really, but that's how evolution works, by pushing the limits without asking these questions.

I think I made it clear that this is not only for simple pot informations. You can take a look at the JRK 12v12 control software and expand on it.

If there was an input parser and data logging functionality in X-Sim, I would already be done with it. I am not a software engineer, therefore I am limited to the tools I have available and writing a plugin is beyond my capabilities.
  20. Deleted member 4666

Deleted member 4666

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use a different port-monitor and I'm not able to read/receive anything that the controller (Arduino/FEZ) sends back. Thought that the data needs to be read by the Profiler to get through the monitor.