1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF Wiper Sim from Serbia

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by fermevc, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I don't know whats wrong with it. Try to get an oscilloscope, trace down the data and see where it doesn't go through.
    Alternatively you can try this USB adapter and connect it straight to the AVR:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/PC-USB-RS232-Module- ... 3f04f07f5f
    If you listened to me in the beginning and get a Pololu controller, you would have a moving simulator by now... :mug1:

I will have to ask you to post your own problems in your own thread instead of hijacking Igor's.

Thank you!
  2. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry that I have made my question!
  4. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I dont't mind about hijacking :)
    I don't have any fresh news about mine , but I've looked at interview's photos, and I can see that MAX232 IS WRONGLY INSERTED!!!!!
    No wonder you cant communicate via x-sim com port :)

And it is really good idea to post in your own thread about your progress and problems :yes:
  5. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :) i LOVE you!!!!!!

now work my smal LED!!! THX

but how i connect right whit x-sim now???

BIG THX
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good job Igor. :D :D :D

I assumed placing an IC in the circuit the correct way cannot be that challenging! :)
  7. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just like me..haha
  8. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Finally, I'm happy to report some progres :)

I've found two working BOSCH wiper motors at some junkyard. I think they're from Ford Sierra. Found some reference on internet and it should be 12v 40W. I measured the current (no load) in both directions on fast speed, and it is around 2.3 Amps. I've found that the motors turn almost at the same speed in both direction (no need to do Thanos's speed hack :) ).
    Anyway, I'v made a little video showing initial testing of H-bridge. The video shows only one motor, because if I connect both motors to my AT PSU, AMC wont start at all.
    Maybe PSU hasn't enough juice or common ground turn some protection in PSU :blush:

Both sides working at first try (tested one by one) :yippiee: :yippiee: :yippiee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgdjtC7-Efk

Next thing to do is figure the way of mounting pots, and get onto welding, grinding, drilling, sandblasting, ..... my frame again :)
    In the mean time, I'll search for U-joint and rod-ends or ball-joints.

BR, Igor
  9. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I've found the way to connect the pots with motor shaft :)
    I think this setup will last, because previously I've used some hot glue to make a connection, and during first test, connection come loose, and motor shaft slammed into bracket holding the pot :(
    I've quickly jumped to turn off the power, and checked the mosfets touching the heat sinks.
    One of them got so warm, and I'v said to my self - this one is dead 100% :blush:
    Few days later, I've made proper connection, and did some tests, and everything is working OK :clap:

pot-connection-1.jpg pot-connection-2.jpg
    I'm using some generic LFS profile found in profile directory (installed during x-sim setup).
    Anyway, I've noticed that my motors are moving separately, like in JoyRider, and I have turned on the SFGT dip switch on AMC.
    I've searched for profiles all over the place, but no luck.
    I will eventually get into making my own profile, but it would be much easier if someone could share a basic LFS SimforceGT profile.
  10. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good job 8)
  11. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    It's been a long time since I've posted about my progress.
    Unfortunately, there's none (progress) :(

But I've stumbled on something interesting for all to see (if it's not already been shown on the forum)

Enjoy, I certainly would love to have something like this at my home :)

http://www.cyberneum.de/f1/
  12. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    To bad you have no progress. I guess making the electronic interface work is stopping you? In that case you are not alone! Thanks for the video, now I know what to put in the old barn!!!
  13. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    @fred
    Your guess is wrong :)

My electronics are finished and working OK for a long time.
    My problem is lack of time and bad weather (it's too cold in my garage to work on welding and rearrange my existing race frame).
    I was planning to make a small test rig, but can't find the proper way of connecting motor shafts and I didn't find the U-joint either.
    On the other hand, I have trouble with profile, and can't figure out how to make my own for LFS. The generic profile I've tried is working but joy rider style.
    Even if I've made dip-switch to SFGT, I can't get the motors to work like it should.
    To bad that people from the forum don't play LFS more :(
    There were a couple requests for LFS WW profiles, but nobody answered. I don't understand why, cause I've seen a lot video clips of people driving LFS.

Please share, share, share :)
  14. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    fermevc: It wouldn't make much sense to use other's profiles because their geometry will be different anyways. You are much better off making your own profiles and not depend on others (which would not work good anyways). You might need a bit of time to get the hang of it, but if you start piece-by-piece, effect-by-effect, making profiles is really not complicated. The hardest part is finding the sweet spot that you like the most.
  15. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lucky you, good to here this is working for some!!! :thbup:
  16. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    @frakk
    I understand your point of view, and I'll give my best :)
    I'll stop wining and get into reading the basics (if only search would work, it would be much easyer)
    Thanks