1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

EC Sim Hardware - - PRO Motion Force STEP 1 Simulator

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by EC Sim Hardware, Jan 22, 2011.

1. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware New Member

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PRO Motion Force STEP 1 Simulator
    ---------------------------------------------

http://vimeo.com/33157253

More information:

WebPage: http://www.ecsimhardware.com
    Online Shop: http://www.ecsimshop.com
  2. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    EC Sim Hardware - - PRO Motion Force

Looks like a normal Seat mover :) Nothing special. But I want to see how you will realize a F1 seating geometry :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: EC Sim Hardware - - PRO Motion Force

You are right Henning Piez. It looks like generic Motion System. I't isn't easy to see on the screenshot but for the F1 Style Geometry are neccesary to get some steps:

1- You need recolect the dimensions, measurements and driving position detail from the F1 car.
    2- Take care becouse every year they made minor/big changes so the perfect action will be to recolect this data acordding with the year mod you will be go to use.
    3- You need to make some easy changes to the PRO Motion Force geometry on every customizable designed part.
    4- The hardest work will be the cockpit changes. You need to give more height to the cockpit and for the best result, inmerse you with a good Canop Screen style setup.

I will keep writting here when I get evolving and working out in our product.

For the moment we are focused in design purposes.

Thanks you.
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

SimXperience Stage I + Frex frame and canopy screen = EC Sim Hardware Motion Simulator
    :lol:

Are you going to sell it as a DIY kit, or a complete simulator package?
  5. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good night Frakk,

We think, it's difficult to change the mechanism and geometry in a two SCN5 actuators configuration.

For my opinion, and like Standard, SimXperience one has the best and more eficient geometry.

We take ideas like every manufactures did (it's obvious) but sincerelly, we are not copying and implementing all the things like the

manufacturers you mention.

Also, I need to be clear and coment That the PRO Motion Force design I attach it is in a protoype version and

Best regards.
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thank you for the reply.

I was not serious about you copying, as it is evident that any company trying to enter the sim market will HAVE TO copy others to an extent. This is like Samsung copying LG for making a computer monitor... or Honda copying Toyota for making a mini van...

I'm just saying, you don't have to point out the fact that you are not copying others when you are. :)

With that being said, I wish you luck and keep us posted with your upcoming developments and products. :cheers:

ps. You should upload some product pictures on your website. A potential buyer might want to see what he is buying.. :D
  7. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you too for your reply Frakk.

Yes, I know in witch direction you stay talking about and I understand you perfectly.

You are more than right about the Web Page. The question is, we haven't got all the products finished so we can't upload good final products photos.

When we finish the product development we've got in our office we go to upload every photo of our poducts.
    For the moment, you can look at the PRO Shift Progress Report video. You can search it on the Multimedia -- Videos section.

Thanks for all.

Have a nice day.
  8. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Double Post.
  9. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My impression is that this is a standard seat-mover, with ability to change angel of the seat in order to simulate different racing cars. Just to put it in simple words 8)

Have you considered that the senter of gravity is changing when you move the seat in another angle? Give me 5 min. and I will find a solution for that, but it is not clear for me if you have commercial interests in this, and in that case I think you will figure it out for yourself :uups:

Fred
  10. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks fredspeed,

It is for comercial purpose.

If you want't give some advices, they will be considered.
    But if you didn't want to give it for some reason there will not be any problem, We are under development so we need keep updating the geometry and some other things.

Thanks you so much.

Have a good night.
  11. thejester09

thejester09 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

may i suggest that when changing the seat angle you do not change the position of the bottom actuator mounts, as increasing the angle between the lever and the top actuator mjounting points will only make things easier on the actuators.
  12. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for your advice and suggestion thejester09,

If I didn't understand bad you think We didn't need to add the long bar with the second ball joint sujetion for F1 driving style becouse that geometry it would be stress the actuators.

Best regards.
  13. thejester09

thejester09 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that appears more correct. you need to maintain a minimum dimension between the pivot an rear actuator mounting points. without dimensions for your previous drawings where the rear mounts changed i cannot say that it still meets that minimum. regardless i believe keeping the rear mount in the same spot is better. the closer the angle between the lever and the rear actuator bar is to 90 degrees less effort from the actuators are needed for the same movement. check out sillycones rig, this is where i realized this.
  14. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0

Hi Eneko

To move more easily between the various driving positions you may find it easier to use a similar method to that of the Foracer simulator (not yet released), see www.foracer.com. Admitedly you will need to manufacture a curved profile for the seat mounting but it will result in a simulator that is much easier for the user to switch between driving positions.

Regards and Good Luck with the project
    Iain
  15. thejester09

thejester09 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

this solves the problem i have been pondering for my simulator. thanks roadster.
  16. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I would not recommend the mechanism I see at Foracer on a DIY sim. You are still altering the balance point. When seat tips back further, more of your weight is on the back side of the pivot which will alter the feel of a motion profile and worse, place more stress on the actuators. Time and failed actuators will likely prove this out.
  17. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks all for the advices,

Im right with bvillersjr. With the foracar configuration, I think when you slide the inferior balljoint to the limit of the rail guide the weight center is located soo back. You can be adding something like 15 - 20 Kg to the actuators from your standard seat position weight and this weight, can be much.

Best Regards.
  18. leandro37

leandro37 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you may have use SCN6 30kg+ to this model.
  19. thejester09

thejester09 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

not to disagree with either Bernard or Eneko but it would appear that the pivot point from the foracer f1 seating position and the latest example Eneko has provided both appear to be in relatively the same position? i am definately no expert in motion sim building and am willing to learn from those who are. the real question i have...where is the optimal balance point for an f1 seating position? also how does the foracer mechanism differ from moving the seat forward on the seat base? i do realize tho that the geometry is changing with the foracer and not with Enekos. maybe you could encorporate the rail guide that is not one piece with the upper actuator mounting points for the sole purpose of ease of adjustment.

sorry to hijack

Regards: Jesse
  20. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0

I have very little experience when compared to Bernard so I am just going on assumptions here. From looking at the Foracer setup the seat angle, and therefore the angle of the drivers body, will change when adjusting to an alternate driving position. The F1 position would see the driver more reclined, with a higher percentage of the weight then being towards the rear of the simulator. As the seat slides in an arc over the pivot point I assume that the pivot point would then still be correctly balanced for the new position.

In the reclined position the top of the seat would be in lower. Again my assumption, this is why the slots are there, so that the lower fixing point of the actuators can be adjusted to suit i.e the actuator lower mounting points are slackened, the seat angle adjusted and the mounting points re-tightened. Without drawing it out on paper I don't know if the angle of the actuators would remain at the optimum angle when adjusting the angle of the seat and it's this perhaps that Bernard has looked at. He may have calculated that the stress placed on the actuators would not be the same for all positions of the seat angle.

Regards
    Iain