1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Deaks

Deaks New Member

Freelance Editor
    Balance:
    388Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been looking into the idea of rear traction loss using a third actuator, and looking at the excellent simxperience design, the wheel and pedals (in fact the whole chassis) slides sideways just like a real car.

It pivots from the front of the chassis in front of your feet and slides on runners at the rear by the actuator damper bar.

If you take a look on Berneys website you can see how it works quite well.

Happy Christmas :cheers:

Deaks
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    One the website all the videos seem to be from straight on back.

So I can't see if the steering wheel moves aswell. Because there is a seperate full base for the rear actuator.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @ Deaks. Thanls for the compliments on the rear traction loss system.

@ Fahim - The entire simulator chassis moves. This seems to provide the most realistic feel for rear traction loss since it is doing exactly what a car would do. Attempts to pivot directly under the seat and provide rotation did not result in as accurate a feel. I chose instead to pivot from the front and provide rear traction loss simulation rather than general rotation.
  4. brian7408

brian7408 New Member

Balance:
    7Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've done hours of research, and Simxperience is definitely the way I plan to go. From a newcomer's perspective who is pretty good at researching online, it is undoubtedly the best choice, hands down. I do have some questions...

1. My current rig is an E8500 o-clocked at 4.2, with a 8800 ultra. It runs rfactor and dirt 2 flawlessly with trackir at any good resolution. Will the sim software cause much of an additional cpu load? I'm assuming rfactor2/dirt3 wont be too much greater of a demand than what the current ones are. I was hoping to stay out of upgrading much until nvidia gets their 3-d hardware issues straightened out.

2. any particular operating system seem to work better with the software?

3. How difficult is the seat installation? Will I need to get a metal fab shop involved, or is this simple drilling, or bolt right in, and is there a seat that is recommended that fits better than other seats?

4. Are their any set plans out for a seatbelt tensioning system add on, and if so, does that affect which seat (racing harness configuration) I should look into purchasing in order for it to be compatible?

5. Ive read that drifting doesn't work well with the traction loss, for obvious reasons, but how about dirt oval, such as the rfactor DWD mods?

6. What is the approximate cubic footprint of a stage 4 setup, without the monitor?

7. Do the people who bought this system feel like it made a huge difference, in other words, comparing racing at a desk to racing in the Simxperience, would you say that having the motion makes it that much more immersive in a proprioceptive sense? Would you have a hard time racing without it?

7. Who shot Buckwheat?

Thanks,

Brian
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bernard that great that it all moves. I can't modify mine to do this.

Not saying I would because not sure if it is better than just the two on the chair.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I have not got it but would be nice if egoexpress, sirnoname masteryoda etc have tried one. Once you have sold lots and lots there will be more reviews,
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @ Fahim - The rear traction loss simulation is in addition to the two on the chair. It adds effects that you can't get with only two actuators. That's the entire reason it was added. Several others in the forums have driven it. I believe that Ledfoot already offered his opinon earlier in this thread. It's not likely that the guys you listed will have one. They are able to weld and make their own.
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @ Brian - These are good questions. I will leave this thread in hopes that some others who have experienced the Stage Series will respond to them. If you don't get the ansers you need here, I believe you have my email address.
  8. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

1) Since most games do not support multiple cores just yet, your overclocled E8500 should do just fine for the time being.

2) I'm running Windows 7 -64bit with great success.

3) Seat installation in the Stage 4 was plug and play with my Sparco seat using the standard seat monting brackets.

4) I'll let Berney answer this one.

5) The rear traction loss module in the Stage iV was designed for simulating loss of traction and not full on drifting. The limited range of travel of the actuator being used does not allow for the angles necessary to simulate full drifting however, the rear traction loss module adds a whole new dimension to the driving experience.

6) Berney should be able to answer this one.

7) One you race with a properly setup motion platform like the SimXperience, it makes it very difficult to go back to just a desk and a wheel.

....Mike
  9. angalvezs1

angalvezs1 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, everybody im beginner about it and thanks. My english is poor.
  10. DaMaine1

DaMaine1 New Member

Nuclear Medicine Technologist
    Balance:
    381Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I'm just getting started in the sim building process but hope to be joining you all soon. Once I'm up and running I'd love to compete against you all in some races!
  11. Technic

Technic New Member

Balance:
    300Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have just found this topic, but already read almost all the forum :)

I'm Adam from Poland (moze jeszcze jest ktos z pl - maybe im not the only one?)

Age : 28 - I saw that im not the only one big boy here...

Hope to see you in some game using x-sim :p
  12. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Shannon in the USA, Virginia actually. I have been visiting this site for about 2 years now. Just finally got around to registering and doing intro. Think I even made this login a bit ago.

Im determined to make a 2dof simulator. I have read through a lot of the intros, the docs, the pdf's, the posts. I can only say that I am amused and overwhelmed as Im sure most are when finding this awesome site and software. There are so many options out there and Im just not sure what all to get to start, I see parts lists, then I see a long thread with an update....head spins....I think im good with the hardware but the electronics like amc1.5 and the h-bridge, while I understand how to build together, Im not sure what all parts to get. Im not opposed to having someone else build the electronics for me at cost, but Im not sure how the scene feels about that.

My goal is to do a wiper motor setup. I will construct the frame using steel and weld and look to have just the seat mobile with the pedals, steering wheel and shifter remaining motionless.

Ok, so intro is done...now where do I go...hmmmm...wish me luck
  13. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Hello everyone,
    My name is Shannon in the USA, Virginia actually. I have been visiting this site for about 2 years now. Just finally got around to registering and doing intro. Think I even made this login a bit ago.

Im determined to make a 2dof simulator. I have read through a lot of the intros, the docs, the pdf's, the posts. I can only say that I am amused and overwhelmed as Im sure most are when finding this awesome site and software. There are so many options out there and Im just not sure what all to get to start, I see parts lists, then I see a long thread with an update....head spins....I think im good with the hardware but the electronics like amc1.5 and the h-bridge, while I understand how to build together, Im not sure what all parts to get. Im not opposed to having someone else build the electronics for me at cost, but Im not sure how the scene feels about that.

My goal is to do a wiper motor setup. I will construct the frame using steel and weld and look to have just the seat mobile with the pedals, steering wheel and shifter remaining motionless.

Ok, so intro is done...now where do I go...hmmmm...wish me luck
  14. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Velcome, and absolutely good luck. It is a lot of help to get building this electronics. If you havent made electronics before you will meet som challenges, especially with the h-bridge, but there is also alternatives like pololu controllers and drivers, and relay-driver. If you are determined and patient You`re gonna have a lot of fun here!!! :thbup:
  15. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware New Member

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Eneko Celayeta.
    I have 22 years old and I'm real life rally driver on my Citroen C2 R2.
    I also race on karting too in the past. In general I race in real life in the last 6 years.
    Every week I use different simulators to give up the feeling with the car and I also stay at Milestone (WRC 2010 Developer) to give my impressions and feedbacks about it.

After the presentation, I'm taking the oportunitty to announce all Sim Racers something interesting.
    Due some different reasons, I need to leave up the real competition world but I didn't want leave up in all aspects.
    We are starting offering high quality Sim Racing Products. Every product was studied designed and manufactured by EC Sim Hardware.
    For the moment we are in advanced development in our products but some of those are finished like PRO Shift (secuential gearbox) and PRO Handb (Handbrake)
    You can follow it on: www.ecsimhardware.com

Thanks you all to keep reading my lines...

We stay often in contact.

Best regards.

Eneko Celayeta.
  16. padek78

padek78 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I am Pawel from Poland (33). I am a total noob in a hardware simulators but I eventualy want my motion sim in a future. I have been simracing for almost 20 years now. I am not interested in electronics or metal casting :) . I only know that somewhere in the future I want to upgrade my simracing cockpit because I feel that instead of my interest in simracing gets lower it actually gets higher and higher so natural way is to upgrade step by step my driving immersion.
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Pawel
  18. MrChaos

MrChaos New Member

Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello All :)

My name is Michael Christensen i'm 31 and lives in Denmark
    I've been real simracing for about a year now, well I have been playing car games since the commadore 64, but that's not simracing :D
    One day when I was browsing around on youtube, I found out that people was making homemade simulators, so I investigated it some more through google, and found this forum, that I really spend alot of time reading about others experience when building a simulator.

So that was a little bit about me, and how I got here :)
    Sorry for my bad english, but i'm not a fan of using google translate ;)
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Your english is not bad. Welcome.
  20. Deleted member 4666

Deleted member 4666

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings: