1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Building a better mousetrap

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Brightonuk, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Business Owner
    Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    I have scraped the Wood base in favor of an all aluminum frame the wood concept was bulky and heavy also the sim was moving on the base and falling off.
    I will keep the movable cockpit (forward and back) concept and modify the front dome mount to accommodate the larger 60 dome I am going to install.

The build is all from 8020 lite and ultra lite 15 series to make this light enough to move but when I put my weight in the seat it should be stable.
    While I have kept the basic Frex style it only has about 4 extrusions left from the original kit.
    I will be using 8020 anchors for all the joints I still need to mill out the extrusions to accept the anchors but it will make for a cleaner looking rig.
    I will update this thread as I progress 3_4 View Old 2.JPG Seat View Forward .JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1378.JPG

Attached Files:

2. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    vey nice job.. :D
  3. NathanAV

NathanAV New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I am just changed my cockpit to mobile..I'm put six roller with locker so I can move it if I want use my triple screen for another purpose and easy to cleaning :D

Here the pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

4. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how much you spend for it? look awesome to me :)
  5. whaleman

whaleman Member

Balance:
    7Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think some of these pics should be considered as art! Matte aluminium profiles, glossy floor tiles and a black/red bucket seat makes a very good looking combination! How about those wheels, is the rig stable with them locked?