1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Zelaieta!

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time and money on frex. Much better off building an X-Sim based sim from the beginning. There are great starter kits and lot of information here.
  2. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Zelaieta,

:) have fun in this forum... :)
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  4. Zelaieta

Zelaieta New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks you so much to all menbers!

Im so happy to know about all you too!

I like so much Frex design in all their components. If the Software has some issues, I think I haven't has any problem to try converting it to X - SIM plataform ;)

We will see here many times!

Have a great night all!
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    :rofl: Thats like saying your going to buy a Kia and convert it into a BMW knowing that the Kia will have problems :rofl:

You'll spend more money in the end when you have to convert it than you would to just buy the right parts in the first place.
  6. Zelaieta

Zelaieta New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are right bvillersjr but is there so much difference from Frex to X - SIM?

If some one was able to post me the X - SIM pro's in front Frex, I would be glad to know :)

In another hand, the hardware equipment, spare parts, assistance, etc ...

Game supports, inmersion, products quallity (Hardware too)

It can be my eyes fail but in my opinion, FREX Hardware looks more quallity products?

Like I say, Im new in this Sim Motion world and I'm not trying to open polemic ;)

I only need some trust advices to then, make my FINAL DECISION.

Thanks all again and have a nice day!

Regards.
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It really wouldn't be appropriate for me give you the scoop on Frex product quality and support. These forums are filled with information on the subject from people who invested time and money to make the conversion from Frex to X-Sim though. You can learn from their experiences by reading their posts. There is also plenty of information to be found here and elsewhere online about Frex customer support and product quality. Based on your comments, I would guess that you haven't done your homework.
  8. Zelaieta

Zelaieta New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good night.

Yes, I spend so much hours looking around Spanish and worldwide forums, talking about Frex products.
    I contact with people who wimply love it and people who didn't like his software so much.
    People who run races with friends along 4 hours without problems and people who cannot run 15 minutes ...

This can be becouse the customer doesn't setup it correctly?

Thanks for you reply and E - Mail.

So much appreciated.

Regards.
  9. tokkel

tokkel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi my name is tokkel and i live in the netherlands,i have my seat ready and im driving on a beamer,and its great..

but all i want now is a seat that moves,i saw the page from pim

simforcegt-style-2-wiper-motors-simulator-project-t2380.html

and i did send him a email got one reply but i need some more info.
    So my question is are here more dutch people that can explain all the things that i need in dutch.
    got the wiper motors all ready but there is more to it.

this is s great site but the info on it is some times too much dont know were to look when u see all the great things people made ..

i saw the page where u can see where people live and use x=sim but no one live;s in groningen )

any help would be appreciated

srry for my bad english :)
  10. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi guyz...

I'm from Kelantan, Malaysia..this is the best forum ever. start from here with zero. now I'm in progress finishing my cockpit. about 90% now. thank you forumer for all help and advice. :hi:
  11. lentillo23

lentillo23 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good Morning;

First of all, a greeting to all people of this forum.

My name is Sebastian, I live in Spain and I have the purpose in 2011 to build or try to build muy own 2dof motion sim with your help, of course. I began to read all the manuals for beginners, see your fabulous projects and i will try to have patience until mine is done.

Thanks for all, and excuses for my bad english.
  12. facu88

facu88 New Member

Diseñador Gráfico /// Graphic Designer Profesor //
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I´m Facundo Galella, I have 22 years old and I'm from Balcarce, Argentina. My problem is that everything is in the hands of the translator of google because I know very little English.
    But I have I like modeling, I have a blog with a forum included where I try to spread what I do and know and help people who do the same. My intention here is the same, to help and learn more. Later I'll talk about what I do now I would probably sound like a spam

Greetings!

Hola, me presento. Soy Facundo Galella, tengo 22 años y soy de Balcarce, Argentina. Mi problema será que queda todo en manos del traductor de google pues de inglés se muy poco.
    Pero tengo me gusta modelar, tengo un blog con foro incluido donde intento difundir lo que hago y conocer y ayudar a personas que hacen lo mismo. Mi intención aquí es la misma, poder ayudar y aprender mas. Mas adelante hablaré sobre lo que hago, si lo hiciera ahora quizá sonaría a spam

Saludos!
  13. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!
  14. brian7408

brian7408 New Member

Balance:
    7Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name is Brian, I live in the U.S.
    I was initially debating building my own motion sim, but my current career and time constraints are limiting my ability to do that. I came on this website looking for more information and opinions of the Simxperience stage 4. I am looking at purchasing one, but am trying to decide if it would be worth the investment (as its a spendy one). From what I have read, the people who have them really seem to enjoy them. I am trying to get in touch with some owners and get some more detailed opinions of this product. I'm also interested in how well the traction loss feature works, and how real race drivers compare this system to driving on actual tracks.
  15. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi :) and have fun in this forum
  17. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Coinsedence, i had dream about the sim xperience rear traction module last night.

Can someone tell me if it is realistic for 2dof (chair move only) simulators?
  18. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Brian and welcome!

If you are looking to buy from SimXperience, you have the luxury of not investing much if you don't want to. That is why the sims are called Stage x, so you can buy each stage as you go. You can start with Stage 2 first, get used to it, then get it upgraded to Stage 4.
    Your investment (whatever that might be) will be worth the great quality products and the support you get.

I can't comment on how good the Rear Traction Loss Module is, but I can second that anyone who tried it, has spoken very highly of it.
    After all, I don't think anything else will touch the 3DOF Stage 4 in it's price range.
  19. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Brian,

After building my own 2DOF simulator last year, I recently upgraded to a SimXperience Stage IV and can definitely say that it is a very worth while upgrade. The consruction of the unit is very solid and the fit and finish is superior to products costing much much more.

The rear traction loss module works extremely well and does a great job with increasing the immersion factor. You'll also be very pleased with the service and support that you'll receive from SimXperience.

.....Mike
  20. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Does it feel strange sliding while the steering wheel is in same position.

I take it just chair moves like 2dof and steering wheel remains same position.