1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Too many peripherals, help pls!

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by pointer4, Aug 16, 2010.

1. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'like rFactor, because every accessories have an own plug in, and works together.
    I use three: - LeoBodnar SLI-M
    - Symproject RevBurner
    - X-Sim Thanos electronic

But it would like to be play in more serious one now with iRacing. From this three, now only one works simultaneously.
    I believe it so it may be the trouble, that the game sends information out to only one port, and only one program can receive it.
    Onto this LeoBodnar (EKSimracing) solution exists if I would like to use more display devices.
    His programs work only whit this proxyserver when i change a software recieve dll, i guess the receive method or ports going some other way.
    What kind of information I have to gather up, that it X-Sim too let him work with this server ?
    And what I have to ask the revburner maker guy, a what kind of change should achieve in his program ?

Excuse me, if all questions not here owes. :hi:

Poi
  2. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've got the same problem,too. Iracing with X-Sim, SLI Pro and Revburner. How to get this working?
  3. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No idea? I would love the GI Max + Revburner for Iracing because i hate the Iracing HUD :(
  4. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    iWrap aplha is released, like a good solution :clap: :yippiee: .
    Thanks bvillersjr.

I need only three plugins already :D
    - one for X-Sim
    - one from eksimracing
    - one from symprojects

Attached Files:

5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    You guys don't miss much. I was planning for another round of testing before I announced this.

It's not fully documented yet. I will be updating the SourceForge page with some documentation in the next few days.

I created an installer for the iWrap compatible iRacing X-Sim plugin. You can read all about it here : http://simxperience.com/Software/iRacin ... fault.aspx

I have asked SirNoName if he would like to include this plugin as part of the default X-Sim install.

One cool thing about iWrap is that the software created for it (iRacingPlugin.dll) has auto-fallback features. THis means that you can use the iRacing game plugin with or without iWrap. If iWrap is present, it will connect through iWrap. If iWrap is not present, it will connect directly to iRacing.

NOTE: This would not be possible without the help of Pete Ness (iSpeed) and Patrick (mu - Motec Exporter) be sure to thank them!

SymProjects is working on an update to their software that will utilize iWrap.

:cheers:
  6. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sounds well very much!!!!

I dont like this guy .... :p
  7. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    X-Sim, iSpeed, SLI, Motec and more.

I did some testing today with the new iWrap proxy. I had X-Sim, iSpeed, SLI-Pro and the Motec telemetry data logger pulling data from iRacing at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jmEw4Mv6rQ

Special thanks to Berney from SimXperience for bringing everyone together and to the iWap development team for a quick and flawless deployment.

As you can also see in the video, the CPU utilization is very low on my machine which is an i7 950 running at 4.1GHZ. I would be interested to see how this runs on slower PC's as well but there is no indication so far that shows that this will be a major issue for slower PC's.

The motion quality from X-Sim has also not been affected with the implementation of the proxy.

.....Mike
  8. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great News!!! Thanks Mike!
  9. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins