1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

iWrap - Multiple iRacing API Connections

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by bvillersjr, Oct 19, 2010.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    iWrap is now available for download & testing.

iWrap is a proxy application that takes data from iRacing and makes it available to multiple devices and software.

You need several pieces of software in order to use iWrap.

-iWrap Software
    -iWrap Compatible iRacing Plugin For X-Sim
    -Other software such as iSpeed or Motec Exporter (Mu)

The plugin for X-Sim has auto-fallback capability. This means that if you aren't running iWrap, it will connect directly to iRacing instead. This makes the installation and use fairly simple. To make it even easier, I have built an installer around the plugin.

NOTE: THe installer will overwrite the iRacingPlugin.dll in the iRacing directory. This is due to a limitation of the free installer software that we used in order to keep the project fully open source.

NOTE: THis Plugin, with or without installer ios offered to SirNoName for inclusion in X-Sim. I think it's a good solution until iRacing gets around to solving this.

You can download iWrap here: http://www.SourceForge.net/projects/iWrap

You can download the X-Sim Plugin and Installer Here: http://simxperience.com/Software/iRacin ... fault.aspx

You can download iSpeed here: http://www.nessoft.com/ispeed/

You can download MU Motec Expoter here: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 57406.page

SymProjects / RevBurner has just released X-Sim native gauge drivers, and is working on iWrap compatible drivers as well.

This covers all hardware / software that connects to the iRacing proxy except for EK. EK has chosen not to participate in this community-wide collabortive open source development. :tape:

Fortunately for owners of Leo Bodnar products, Pete Ness of iSpeed has been kind enough to add an EK compatible proxy to iSpeed. Several users have tested this functionality and are now able to run X-Sim, SLI-PRO, iSpeed and Motec Exporter simultaneously! It is not the most efficient mechanism possible for EK users, but until he makes the 2 line code change necessary to integrate with iWrap, it's at least an option for those of you with SLI's.

A special thanks goes out to Pete Ness of iSpeed and Patrick, the creator of Motec Exporter. Without these guys, we wouldn't have this functionality, so be sure to thank them!!!

:cheers:
  2. johnfatboy

johnfatboy New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    8) thank you thank you thank you

:cheers:
  3. Lance_

Lance_ Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good job on iWrap, to all. :clap:

One note for the installer Bernard. I had to copy the exe for the profiler under /program files/ in order to have the installer start. Otherwise I would get an error that X-Sim 2.X is not installed. Once started, I could choose where to install the DLL with no problems.

It just throws an error at the start of the installer when not installed in the default location.

Cheers,

Eric P

PS. Honestly, a 1.5meg installer for a 208K DLL is overkill. :cheers: :blush:
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hi Lance,

Thanks for the feedback. That's the purpose of Alpha testing.

Where is your X-Sim installed? The installer should search the entire C and D drive for it.

Sorry about the download size, it's a limitation of the free installer used in order to keep the project entirely as open source.
  5. Lance_

Lance_ Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I run multiple partitions, and depending on whether I'm in XP or Win7, the letter changes. Could be E or G.

Was just annoying getting the can't install message when you know x-sim is installed. Not sure that check is absolutely necessary.

Cheers,
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I guess it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

For non-technical users (who are likely to have X-Sim in the default location), this will determine if it is in C:\Program File or C:\Program FIle (x86) autmatically for them.

I think your case, where X-Sim is netither on the C or D drive, is rather rare. Fortunately, someone with the ability to create multiple partitions is technical enough to solve the problem on their own ;-)
  7. Lance_

Lance_ Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehe, still wasted 1 hr at 1am, and corrupted one x-sim install in the process.

Why not offer the multiple method, often they have zipped packages and installer version of some apps?
    Solves every case scenario.
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Fair enough. I'll check to see what features the limited edition of the installer has to remedy this, and if nothing else, we can make up a zip file also.

My hope is that this is temporary and that SirNoName will just include it with the next version of X-Sim.
  9. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,

do you not establish the contact with this guy?

Motion Cockpit View

This program does the camera movement, which is follow the G-strength on the cockpit view. This gives very good perspective onto the track.

youtube
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It looks like the Motion Cockpit View product was created and released during the time that iWrap was being developed, so I didn't know about it when we started the iWrap project.

If you have a way of contacting him, please do. It will take him about 5 minutes to make the product iWrap compatible.
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I updated the installer. It should now determine if X-Sim is installed in C:\Program FIles or C:\Program Files (x86) for novices, and will auto-detect an X-Sim installation on any drive. You can also override the installation path.

@Lance_ - since your the only one to report any issue so far, could you please test this when you have time?
  12. Lance_

Lance_ Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Install Works great.
    Thanks.
  13. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  14. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Yes,

iWrap is fully functional. iSpeed is needed in order to work with the SLI-M/PRO at the present time.

You will find a a quick guide to understanding and installing iWrap and the iRacing X-Sim plugin for iWrap here: http://simxperience.com/Software/iRacin ... fault.aspx

You will also find a link to iSpeed on the page as well. iSpeed can simulate EK's iRPS proxy but requires a small config file change before it will do this. More information can be found on the iSpeed site.

@Ledfoot - Can you please post the link / config info for configuring iSpeed as an EK proxy.
  15. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    These instructions will get you up and running using iWrap with X-Sim, SLI-Pro/M, iSpeed, Motec and any other plugin that supports iWrap or IRPS:

Once you install iWrap, it will run each time you start your PC so there is no other configuration needed for iWrap itself.

Next you will need the IRPS plugin for the SLI Manager which you can get from EK Simracing's website. The plugin will allow the SLI Manager to get information from a proxy (iSpeed in this case) instead of directly from iRacing.

Download the SLI Manager and IRPS plugin from eksimracing.com. You do not need the IRPS proxy as iSpeed has the IRPS proxy code built in. All you will need is the IRPS plugin so the the SLI Manager will get information from the proxy (iSpeed in this case).

Do the following:

1)Install the SLI Manager

2) After downloading iRacingIRPSplugin.dll
    - open the plugins directory of SLIPro Manager
    - Backup the normal iRacingPlugin.dll and replace it with the new iRacingIRPSplugin.dll

After you have updated the plugin for the SLI Manager:

Download the latest version of iSpeed

You can enable EK Proxy Compatibility mode by adding this section to your (My Documents)\iRacing\Telmetry\Telemetry.ini file:
    [TelemetryShare]
    MMFName=IRPS06

Once you do that (and close/restart iSpeed), iSpeed will be the EK Proxy, and you should be able to run your gauges without using the EK Proxy.

ISpeed will need to be run all the time so that it can send the information to the SLI Manager.

You can also install the MU telemetry software and this will gather telemetry information that can be read by the free Motec i2 Pro software. Any other softare that has a plugin that supports iWrap can also be installed and should work without any or minimal configuration.

...Mike
  16. clicks

clicks New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard

The iWrap link is not working.
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    If you are referring to the link on the SourceForge site, you should follow the text that give you options if the download does not start automatically. I tried it myself a few minutes ago, and had to use the direct link to get the download started.
  18. clicks

clicks New Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard

Thank you for that :)

unsure why the first link did not work. Just comes up 404 error for me.
    The other link you mentioned work perfect.

Thanks
    Adam
  19. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But now, iracing is updated.
    We have a new IRPS proxy, with a new SliPro Manager. This two is not backwards compatible.
    And ispeed or any IRPS software need a update.....

I checking this (iRacing Proxy Server + X-SIM + USB SLI-PRO + SLIPro Manager) now, with a little luck.

And I would like use X-Sim, SLIPro, iSpeed, Symproject things, Motion View together. :blush:
  20. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Have you asked EK or Leo to support iWrap?

There is an upcoming version of iWrap that is currenty in testing which will resolve your issue. A release data is unknown until testing is finished.

Updates for SLI users will always be delayed because a 3rd party team of volunteers must reverse engineer his specifiction. EK is no longer publishing his API specification AKAIK.

I highly suggest you ask these questions of EK, or whomever sold you your SLI device. Everyone would benefit if we all used the same proxy.