1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. lotada

lotada New Member

coffe Roaster
    Balance:
    248Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear Tronic i want ask about VELLEMAN K8055 Board which is way to get it work with your hbridge? i have to change something on board from velleman? any Topic for this board? Thanks lot Mila i think it is better to buy the completed board from velleman than solder it and spend lot hours for this way. is there any hbridge to buy also completely soldered?

Mila CZECH
  2. Running_Wild

Running_Wild New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, i'm going to order the printed pcb from some kind of sites like custompcb or so, i would like to know what are the best dimensions for this board, thank you
  3. valvolino1978

valvolino1978 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos, hi everyone,
    I'm new here and I'm nearly to lost myself in these hundreds of posts, schemes, programs and so on.
    Am I right if I say I need:
    - Atmega8535;
    - avr firmware 1.5 as downlodable at pag. 1 of this forum theme;
    - motor controller (such as RN-VN2 Dual);
    - partlist as explained at pag. 1 of this forum theme;
    - two electric motors for pitch and roll;
    - power supply;
    - hardware as needed.
    Second question:
    I've read on BS2 motion forum that AVR1.5 is Ian BFF driver compatible, but this one can manage 3DOF: has AVR1.5 been implemented to drive three motors and handle 3DOF consequently?
    Third question:
    generally, which are the obstacles to get a 360 deg. of freedom on the two axis pitch/roll? As each sim project I found on the web does not handle 360 deg., I guess it's not possible otherwise why not?
    Thansk in advance for any kind answer I'll receive.
    Goodnight.
    Lele
  4. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What i Must change on Parts?

-IRFZ44 Tor IRF3205
    NOT MORE????????

IS THAT RIGHT??????

THX
  5. masutti

masutti New Member

Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

I'm new here, but have read in this last week about 500 posts. Im intersted in the thanos PWM controller and the H-bridge. Im trying to create my sim with 2 rotation and 1 linear axis for the impacts. Now, in the last day i was trying to group all the schematics and understand witch of theese was the last version working. I was trying to make my boards with silkscreen method bud dont find the negative images for the sprints. It exists here in some post?
    I was wondering if maybe you have the latest material (schematics, sprint, gerber, part list, upgrade, etc) all in one place, becouse today i have around 50 files pdf and others but still dont know if it is complete.
    From what i understood, we need a usb to serial converter to each motor and this cable will be conected to the pwm module DB9 conectors. It is right?
    So the pwm module generates the signal and uses the h-bridge to give the motors the high power signal and to reverse it.
    I dont know what the RN-VN2 does...

Thanks a lot for this help.
  6. benefie

benefie New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no instead of the IRFZ44 you need to get the IRLZ44!
  7. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:) okay thanks :thbup:
  8. masutti

masutti New Member

Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

I found my doubt's answare on the knob2001 post witch is very detailed:
    step-by-step-approaching-to-thanos-work-t1218.html

Thanks knob2001

Remains still only the need of the negative printable sprint layout to print in a transparency and use as silkscreen.
  9. monast

monast New Member

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Industrial Automati
    Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apreciatted Master Thanos

WE ARE AN IMPORTANT STEP TO GET SOMETHING BIG, I would like to ask if it is possible that your AVR Thanos we're using with proportional valves, 0-10V due to its circuit, to one of the two channels work normally with kp, but the other channel can be used to give a 0-10V voltage according to the information I send from pc plugin as we are doing today.

Think that's is Possible?

This is required for a proportional pressure valves Festo MPPE

We have tested and can send from a plugin to your AVR different values of position and if you make the same game, if you could modify the code to the 0-1023 is transformed into 0-10V directly without any operation, using the circuit and PWM and that you have designed me?

Best Regards!!
    Victor
  10. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody sell TronicGR Dual Simple Mosfet H-Bridge AVR Motion controller and LCD board? I would like to buy it.
  11. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i sell the boards amc, h-bridge and lcd...

(only boards, no parts)
  12. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I build my h-bridge a year ago, but it has not fully been tested until now. I missed the informations about the IRLZ44N replacing one in the parts list, and now I must order new ones. I like ordering from futurlec, but they have only IRLZ34N. I have read that IRLZ34N also can be used. I am using ordinary 12v vipermotors Will IRLZ34N be good enough for that? (They are the most easy for me to get). Is it common that other parts of the h-bridge is destroyed when the mosfet is gone?

Fred
  13. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes it will work.

30A continuous, 110A pulse.
  14. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new here, and I am on the first phase(making boards). I have two questions. First, as I understand, I need to make three boards: AVR M.C. v1.5, DSMhb v1.2 and LCD board. I found on this forum ISP Programming link board. Do I need this board? Second, I also found here 1.5B layout of AVR controller. Do I have to make A or B layout?
  15. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    LCD board isn't necessary IMO.
    For the other two boards, I suggest the ones in OPs of Thanos's threads.

PS Pogledaj PM!

BR, Igor
  16. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone. Well after taking a long time off I'm back on my project again. Hopefully I can complete it and finally get some fun out of it. Anyhow, after making a new box and re-assembling everything I think I'm having a problem with the 10K Trimmer Resistor for calibrating the pots. Without the pots connected everything looks normal as in the second photo. Then when I connect the first pot it looked strange as in the third photo. I noticed when I turn the pot both ways nothing happens and the numbers do not change. I'm wondering if the problem is the Trimmer Resistor? Everything was working the last time I worked on it. The only thing that has changed was moving everthing to the new box.

Specs: Atmega8535-16PI Programed with firmware (PWM_AMC15_2DOF_V1_CRYSTAL22.HEX), 22Mhz Crystal

Attached Files:

17. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    As I recall, shouldn't you flash (program) the ATMEGA with appropriate FW according to Crystal frequency?
    I think Thanos made several FWs and in the name of FW is Crystal freq. as you pointed out yourself.
    I could be wrong 'cause few people have mixed FW and Crystals, and if this is your setup from the beginning (before moving to new box), than you've messed up pot wires (or some other wire).

EDIT: I`m confused by looking at 3rd photo. It says - 22 PWM ... and you are probably using FW for 22MHz, so my responce is not making any sense, sorry :blush:
  18. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for pointing out the error fermevc. It is programed with the 22 hex file.
  19. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm about to present the next generation of AMC soon...

Will be supporting only the ATmega644 chip because its the only with bootloader capabillity... what that means? It means that the new board will not have any old style RS232 ports. Will have only one port (USB with FT232) and new firmware will be loaded through the bootloader using the AVR Studio4. The board will be detected by the Avr Studio as STK500 programmer during the 3 first seconds of the power up procedure!

more detais later :cheers:
  20. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great! Looking forward to more details!

No, it is not the only one. :) ATmega's with the SPM instruction all have bootloader capability.

Before AVR Studio/STK500 programmer can be used, a new chip still needs to be programmed with the bootloader.