1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Fanatec Wheel and X-Sim

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Nima, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    raceray have send my a fanatec gt3 wheel for make a profil.is very very nice to use a wheel with
    x-sim.on rfactor i must have only the velue 30 and the wheel have a better feeling as the orginal force feetback.now i have work with more effects.is have a very nice feeling on bumps curbs drift, brake with lose the back tires. very good feeling on bornout.nice feeling on curve.all effects are many more realistic now.and this is only the beginn of the profiling.in the next day i make the profil online.fanatec user in the forum?i hope we can have a plugin for the g25 in the next time.
    use a wheel with x-sim is a very nice way i love it.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Excellent idea! I think it might be difficult to beat the Logitech feedback, but I think that there is some advantage to having the same engine send data simultaneouslty to both the seat and wheel! Currently, the wheel movements are not always completely in Sync with the seat due to the different software engines. It could feel more realistic if powered by X-Sim assuming the proper motion profile!
  3. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great work Neils. I hope we can somehow get a plugin for the G25 :)
  4. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks bernard and mike,
    bernard i agree with you is it many better to use the same values.if i drive without the sim the feeling is not so many better with the wheel,but with the sim is many more realistic.
  5. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Niels, again MANY THANKS for your great work :thbup: !

I also want to enter the list of the G25-profile-awaiting-people :D ! Maybe we should send a petition to them *lol*.

Niels, one question: Using the profile for this wheel means the need for a second/third profiler or is it possible to use it within a normal profile ? At the moment I don't know whether it shows similar problems/behaviour as the bass shaker plugin (we talked about it)...
  6. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks chris,
    you can only use the fanatec plugin on the pc for the play.now i use 4 profiler.
  7. bberger

bberger Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    anything new on a logitech profile? :)
  8. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not yet !
    I have an unmodded G25 here and wanted to send it to sirnoname for testing purposes, but still no answer...

@sirnoname: I've sent you several mails - if you have little spare-time left, please reply to my mail or give me a call. THX :cheers: !
  9. bberger

bberger Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    yah, by the way.. where can I get Nima's profile? :) (Fanatec wheel..)